Nov 20,2013
By: 'Mick'
Nov 20,2013
After ending my tenancy they kept refusing to hand my deposit back eventhough they had no valid reason not to first I was told the Carpets were not clean then when I showed them that I had taken pictures when I moved in and that I had taken pictures when I moved out and it showed that the carpets were in fact in better condition than when I moved in they said I had to pay for the house to be cleaned and the walls painted after pointing out I had pictures of that as well they started to make up stories that housing benefit paid my deposit even though I had banks statements backing up my claim to this day I am still waiting to get my deposit back they are just con artist who have no intention of handing my money back
Pay back my deposit and not lie and steal
Attached Files
By: Michael Wright
Jul 24, 2014
In response to this derogatory statement, I confirm that the information stated is untrue. The Deposit did not belong to the Tenant and it was in fact Housing Benefit money which was paid as a Landlord’s incentive to take on a Housing Benefit Tenant, as well as to cover any possible damages and arrears. This Tenant did in fact fall into arrears after just a few months. I can confirm that Michael Wright & Co. did pay a sum to the Tenant to leave and hand back his keys, and on condition that he agreed to release the Deposit to the Landlord, to whom it actually belonged.

The whole property was left in a very unclean condition, from carpets to inside of wardrobes, to bathroom and especially to the kitchen area. The walls were badly marked and there were holes drilled into them. This property had been decorated before this Tenant moved in. The Tenant had shown no pride or respect to either the Landlord, nor to the property in which had lived in for a total of 7 months.

We did everything we could to address and resolve the above situation in everyone’s best interests and the employee referred to no longer works for the Company. This was an unfortunate situation as Michael Wright & Co is a highly reputable and professional Company and has been so for close to 40 years.

Michael Wright & Co