Oct 22,2013
By: 'Frankiesmummy'
Oct 22,2013
I am currently in a tenancy agreement with Derbyshire Properties, and I have to say I am absolutely appalled. I have been living in the current property for over a year now, there are many issues. The kitchen is unsanitary, kitchen doors falling off, grouting around tiles almost none existent, leaking pipes, extreme amounts of mould and damp upstairs, windows that do not open and close correctly, insufficient heating, doors that do not close, mortar crumbling out of brickwork in various places, guttering has weeds sprouting out of it, back doors allows water to flood in, plastic vent covers stuck onto chimney breast with a sealed wall behind them, and the latest of a long line of problems....... Rising Damp, which they have sent a letter stating that it is our fault and our problem to sort, seriously! They have made multiple mistakes on our tenancy agreement, we have tried to reason with them, phoning them when they were meant to be contacting us and sending letters, but now they have refused repairs, we have been forced to go to the law, having a very young child this is an unsuitable situation and they have been absolutely unbearable to work with.
For me to approve they would have to be more in contact with there tenants and landlords once an issue has arisen, and keep everyone informed. They should become more aware of landlord and tenants rights, they should make sure their tenancy agreements do not have contradictory information, which is ultimately misleading and possibly invalidating agreements. They should also get expert opinions about structural faults, not sending out one of their employees that has less of a clue than myself. They should make landlords have inspections by the environmental health office before renting out the properties. Last but not least they should have manners!
Attached Files