1) We asked if the landlord was local, sales woman Rebecca assured us they were, went to sign our contracts, turns out ITALY is local.
2) The front door lock stopped working. This was brought up in our inspection in November. We heard nothing. Eventually the lock got fixed after 4 more months and several occasions of being locked out for 30 minutes +.
3) A nearby fence panel blew down, turns out it was for a back garden of the property we had no idea existed. Rang seymours to inform them. Rebecca promised she would return the call within 48 hrs. A month and a half later following a complaint from our neighbour we rang again. This was now a few weeks before Christmas and the landlord then took until February to get the fence sorted.
4) Decided we would not be renewing our lease in April and asked to be notified of new properties that met our criteria. Told by Caroline Kitt she would refer queries to a "neg" (?). 2 weeks passed and heard nothing, so chased Caroline, said she would send again. Another month passes hearing nothing. Eventually viewings of our current houses are being booked, so ask why we aren\'t being shown properties - sales team inform us they had no idea we were looking. We\'re even incapable of looking up our details as current tenants with them and had to re-register all over again.
5) All downstairs lights stop working. Caroline arranges an electrician to come repair them. Electrician comes whilst we are at work, does not fix the lights, leaves switches off the wall and no note. Ring Caroline upon return to house, no longer in office, will ring first thing in the morning. Hear nothing for over a week. Landlord then rings at 3pm on a Saturday asking if we can be in the rest of the day for an electrician to come that afternoon. We are already out so apologise and say no. Caroline decides this failed attempt at fixing is then our fault. Lights still not fixed.
6) Upon moving into property it became apparent the bathroom door would not shut, and even if you could have forced it to do so, the handle was broken so you would become trapped in the bathroom. Steam from showers etc therefore not contained. Told Hayley Batchelor upon moving in of issue, she said they would get it fixed. Nothing happened. Had first inspection, got told bedroom ceiling was damp and was our fault. Explained bathroom door issue and again were told it would be fixed. Needless to say it has not been fixed and we never heard anything since that inspection about it.
7) Current viewings on house are being done. So far notice given for viewings has been 10 minutes, 15 minutes, and just now someone just let themselves in my house whilst I was getting changed from work. Nobody has rung to ask if they can do a viewing.
8) Caroline kitt tried to get us to agree to moving out earlier than meant to by lying about tenancy finishing date, did not apologise when pulled up on this fact.
These are just THE WORST things seymours have done to us, and we haven\'t even been here a year, we have paid our rent on time every month with no issue, the house is in better condition than when we moved in. I have never dealt with a more incompetent, rude company in my life. They are not worth the paper their name is written on.