May 22,2013
May 22,2013
This is the worst experience I have ever had with a property manager in the US, UK, and Hong Kong in over 15 years.

They do not address critical maintenance issues. The hot water heater was broken in the building and my unit went for weeks at a time without hot water. When I moved out, they still had not found a solution to the problem which was over 4 months old. Additionally, the electronic front door FOB was broken for a week, they didn\'t bother to send anyone so the entire building was locked out for 5 days - during this time we had to just wait for someone coming out to let us back in.

I moved out over a month ago now and I still have not received my rent deposit back.

This is problematic from a tenants perspective for obvious reasons. But from a Landlords perspective, I would also be wary. Not addressing basic maintenance issues can exacerbate damage to your property. Further, it encourages tenant turnover which increases wear and tear. This means you will need to make major capital improvements more often and lower your returns.

I have seen property managers that were one man shops do a more efficient and effective job.
By: Marc von Grundherr
May 22, 2013
Dear Sir. I am Lettings Director at Benham & Reeves Lettings and am very disappointed to read your review. Our 60 year heritage has been built on exceeding expectations and maintaining good relationships with tenants and landlords alike which is why 67% of our business comes via personal recommendation. I would like to investigate your points personally to explore ways of improving our service.

The issue relating to heating and the door fob are clearly building issues which are clearly out of our control, but I would welcome your direct information as it seems we should potentially stop marketing properties in this building.

In relation to your deposit again we follow strict Government guidelines - in fact we are well below standard timescales as we have a dedicated department and I can only imagine the delay is down to lack of response from one party

Can you please contact me urgently by email at and I will ensure it is resolved for you

Marc von Grundherr Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Benham and Reeves Residential Lettings Canary Wharf! To leave a new review of Benham and Reeves Residential Lettings Canary Wharf, please click the link below !
Write a review for Benham and Reeves Residential Lettings Canary Wharf