Feb 23,2013
Feb 23,2013
There are so many things that KFH have done wrong that there isn\'t enough time in the day to get it all in print.
It isn\'t only the Property Management side that I listed above either. When I decided to take the flat, which I found myself on Zoopla, it was listed as unfurnished by KFH in Belsize. It had 2 wardrobes in one room and a chest of drawers in another. I wanted them removed as I had a container of furniture coming from the US. The landlord did not want them removed and I ended up paying for their removal because I needed the room. KFH should not have let that happen. It was legally the landlords responsibility to remove them from the property and KFH should have upheld that and they didn\'t.
Then a gas safety certificate was given saying the gas fire in the living room was not working & needed a part. I said I wanted it fixed as part of my contract which they included. I had to wait 6 months before anyone dealt with that. I one day decided to try to start the fire and low and behold....it worked. The contractor was wrong. He didn\'t know how to turn the gas fire on. They sent him back. He was very apologetic, but how sure can you be of someone giving you a gas safety certificate that doesn\'t know how to turn on a gas fire? They sent someone else to service it and they said it was safe but needed a new chimney pot!!! That dragged on for 6 months with me telling them that should not be the case. They sent someone else and they passed the gas fire. Then they sent someone else who said the chimney needed a cowl....Do you see where I\'m going with this??? Incompetence at every turn.
Also, when I first moved in the boiler was making horrendous noises. Laura didn\'t believe me when I said something is wrong with the boiler. She sent the same incompetent corgi guy to service it which was tantamount to blowing away some dust on the inside of the boiler. He leaves and the boiler is still making horrible grinding noises. 3 months went by and me crying on the phone that there was something wrong. She sends the same guy back who then says it needs a new fan. He fixed it and then it was fine. For a while....
Laura never believes me, the tenant, when I tell her something is wrong. She always sides with the inept contractors that KFH insist on sending you. Nothing is urgent to her not even a failing gas boiler. She is rude and obstructive and always argues with the tenant. When you try to write to the Managing Director, you get no reply. Y They don\'t care about the tenant. That\'s why the only good reviews on here are by people who let or sell their properties through KFH. They raise the rent just because they can, and every time something gets fixed in the flat you can be sure that your rent will go up the following year to compensate for the extortionate amount KFH charge the landlord which I believe is 7-8%. This has been a horrible rental experience and has made my stay in this flat very stressful and unpleasant.

I don\'t know how much better any of the other agents are but STEER CLEAR OF KFH if you can!
The property manager could start by being more sympathetic to the tenant, believing the tenant and reacting swiftly and efficiently when something needs doing, And not arguing with me at every turn. Learn how to be a service provider in a corteous, diplomatic manor. After all, it is the tenant paying through the nose for the flat!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward office-52! To leave a new review of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward office-52, please click the link below !
Write a review for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward office-52