Nov 29,2012
Nov 29,2012
I had the unfortunate experience of using this agent to try and sell my house in the summer of 2012.
From the start when I engaged them I had misgivings which turned out to be correct.
Their office is antiquated and you think you are back in the 70\'s which is emphasised by Mr Coombs the branch manager who likes to wear strange tweed suits but the agent Mr Goddard was very personable so I decided to give them a chance.
I engaged them as a joint agency with anotherlocal agent. When deciding this I was told by Mr Goddard at my home that should things not work out for any reason then I would be free to write in to terminate the contract.
In 3 months they provided one viewing which was a disaster as the agent that accompanied the viewer did not know the 1st thing about my property or have any basic local knowledge.
For example when the viewer asked the agent what was the function of the buildings behind my property she replied that they were dwellings which, if true, would have adversely affected my sale as they were not indeed "dwellings" but storehouse for a couple of local shops.
Throughout the visit there was no drive or enthusiasm to sell.
I decided to terminate the contratc as arranged and handed in a letter to the branch.
Within 10 minutes as I was walking home I received a very hostile telephone call from Mr Coombs who was angry at my letter. He was aggressive and confrontational throughout which was most upsetting to me.
I then received a further telephone call from the owner who followed this up with a letter setting out that I had signed a contract which they were going to hold me to.

If you are going to choose ANY agent in Sidmouth please dont make it this one!!!
See review!!
By: Francis Marshall
Nov 30, 2012
As Managing Director of Bradleys I am sorry you were not happy with our service and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. My phone number is 07703 566029. Mr Coombs does not own a tweed suit the agent a few doors away does and I do not hold the same view of our office as your self but am happy to accept that everyones opinion is not the same.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Bradleys Estate Agents Sidmouth! To leave a new review of Bradleys Estate Agents Sidmouth, please click the link below !
Write a review for Bradleys Estate Agents Sidmouth