Dec 04,2017
Dec 04,2017
As a letting agency harringtons fees are pretty outrageous: £350 holding fee paid once to hold the house in January and then AGAIN when one member left the house-between 6 of us that's £4,200!! This is just so extortionate and outrageous, we're students, I know NO ONE who has paid this much as to 'keep the house off the market, for the check-in and for the check-out'. It's actually criminal, TOO MUCH!! I don't know how they slept at night taking that off us..I think maybe my anger had cooled but writing this has reignited just how ridiculous this is. Please try and imagine paying £700 out of your own pocket for a house you already live in, which the landlord AGREED you would be staying in just so you weren't pushed out at the last minute. Actually I think we paid £350 the first year as well (this is our second year in the tenancy), that's £1,050 EACH!! In a number of emails harringtons have got tenants names wrong, and for a long time included the old tenant in emails that clearly did not concern her, we were misinformed about the cleaning fee-when I asked in the summer we were told the landlord would fork out for that, but we had to (yes we had to have the house professionally cleaned at great expense even though we were staying in it), there have been a few problems with the house and now we just go straight to the landlord instead of bothering with the agency. I was with MTM in first year who everyone said to stay away from, but in comparison Harringtons have been a bit of a shit show. Maybe not a tenancy for students. A great deal of problems with miscommunication.
Awful