We feel like we have been neglected by Pickerings on numerous occasions (Fiona & Anita have been very helpful though!);
· For the first 4 months of my tenancy agreement I struggled greatly to get into the building due to the front door lock - sometimes late at night after finishing work - often having to stay at my boyfriend's house due to it being summer and no-one else in the flat (where would I have gone if I couldn't go there!?). After weeks of constant phone calls we were given different keys, which still didn't ease access. The lock was then taken off the door allowing anyone into the block, decreasing security levels and voiding insurance policies.
· The downstairs buzzer broke, leading the other tenants to leave their phone numbers visible outside the front door for deliveries.
· In the last month of our contract it was brought to our attention that we had all been paying bills for the wrong flats, as the meter boxes were wrongly linked up! For the majority of our time in the flat there were 3 tenants, one who would only stay in the flat for 3 nights of the week. We had been paying bills for a flat of four full time tenants! We were not refunded any money for the over-paid bills because apparently it was too complicated to work out.
· We had raised concern about the constant all night house parties in the flat below us. They would prop the front door open, which allowed strangers into the building, also voiding insurance policies, smoke in the building which would stick in our flat and set the fire alarm of through-out the night, leave litter lying in around the building, and make unbelievable noise until the late hours of the morning. Numerous times we felt threatened by the volume of people who would enter the property, and after over hearing conversations of not knowing who lived in the building, knowing that there were strangers who had open access to the property. The reply from Pickerings was to contact the police ¢â‚¬â€œ who would tell us to contact our Estate Agents as the tenants were breaching their contract. Due to the flat below, many of us had sleepless nights and those who were able to would stay at an alternative address.
· Pickerings would ask to use our flat for viewings ¢â‚¬â€œ which wasn't a problem as we would only say yes when someone would be in, on one occasion the agent let themselves along with viewers into the flat because we didn't hear them knocking. We were very startled when strangers opened the living room door to view the property. On another occasion I knew there was a viewing of the flat, I had valuable items in my room so I locked my door knowing there would be strangers in the flat. My door was un-opened by the agent and shown to the viewers, not even being locked again after.
These issues are not new to Pickerings and should have been chased up and resolved. We feel like that we have not been able to make the most of our time in the flat due to not being to get into it, or being driven out of it by awful neighbours. A lot of money has been wasted on nights not spent in the property and through paying another flats bills. Due to these reasons, we feel like we are being over charged - taking on board the amount of time and effort wasted on cleaning the property, then to be later charged extortionate prices for an extremely thorough inspection - which was obviously not carried out prior to our arrival.
The General Manager of the company seems to be uncaring and abrupt - we have not received any form of apology for any of the issues from the company! I understand as students we are not the most valued clients, but we paid a high rate for a very poor service. A lot of time and energy wasted on dealing with this company!!
What agent could do to change your mind?
Apologised and acted on all of the issues rather than leaving them to sort themselves out, or for us to do something!