Jan 21,2012
Jan 21,2012

I'd be interested as well if anyone has an address for Mr Burn. We are begining small claims proceedings against him, also it appears that Derwentside Estates was not a Ltd company. If he was trading as a 'sole trader' then we believe he is personally liable for any debts. Any info would be greatly appreciated
By: JKE Man
Oct 26, 2015
Mr Burn has been the area manager for Allen & Harris based in Swindon for about three years. He lives just outside Swindon and seems to operate in much the same way now as he did in 2012 as Derwentside.

Anyone wishing to contact him simply ring the branch and ask for him.
By: Funkster
Jul 03, 2013
He took 1500 from me, on a property in ashgrove... i would love to box his ears, maybe a holiday in turkey is on the cards..
By: BillPleaseComeForward
Dec 15, 2012
AUGUST: He was spotted by my Mum in tesco, HEXHAM! he owes our tenant a deposit and all the lies he told me, my brother, my parents, i wish he would just be upfront and say he has done wrong and he needs to put things right. we had rent difficulty at the same time AngryDBW but i think that bill needs to come clean, so Bill, if you are reading this, please come forward to the police, we aren't gonna stone you for coming clean and returning the money to us without us having to go straight to court. Many Thanks.
Jul 16, 2012
Bill Burn has left the building! He's finally done the expected runner. Shut the Deli 2 weeks ago and cleared out last week. Has apparently told people he's got a job in Dubai! Obvious smoke screen so that those owed don't try and find him. Turkey is still the favourite amongst the people I've spoken to!
By: AngryDBW
Apr 26, 2012
Just thought I'd add my penny worth too. I have a property in Ash Grove and had difficulty from day 1 in getting the rent from Bill each month. It came to a head last August and I started dealing direct with the tenant in September onwards. At the end of the day, I've JUST been stung for one month's rent and the deposit, which I'll personally need to pay the existing tenant when they move out. I have had the impression over the years that a lot of my tenants have been dodgy and apparently the state of my house before the last tenant moved in and redecorated was terrible. I am now going to a reputable agent and hope to put this behind me. I tried the small claims court and spent a couple of hundred quid in the process. Bailifs went in last Nov/Dec, but when they went back to enforce in Dec, he'd done a runner. This is fraud at it's worst and needs the police to be involved. Has anyone engaged them? I'm guessing that he's got away with about £200K of landlord's money. That is surely a crime worth investigating. The fact that he did this methodically and in a calculated manner, makes this a serious crime
Mar 23, 2012
Typical! Surely something can be done. It appears he's getting away with it. Sorry if it's inappropriate, but the bloke is pure scum! Heard about the Slaley thing. Still doing his runner during daylight hours though (must be getting harder with the light nights coming in). Apparently has a job. Must be hard for him working to earn his money instead of thieving it!
By: Oooohyes
Mar 18, 2012
its funny but all the people he owes money to and he can still wine and dine at slaley hall!
By: aluckyone
Feb 29, 2012
I rented mine through him in August, and in November the tenant moved out (under suspicious circumstances). Managed to get all monies owed to me, but put me and my parents through hell. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Its funny (if you can say that) but I was warned off him at the start when I was picking agents, but the speel he came out with at the time sounded great.

I feel for those who have lost money from him.
By: very bitter
Feb 18, 2012
We got taken for thousands in lost rent due to our property not being able to be rented out for almost a year. It was raided for cannabis last year. It has cost us a fortune to put it right. Has anyone else had that happen to them while under his care
By: David Croissant
Feb 03, 2012
Save your money, He has none.

I spoke to the court, he lives in a rented house, I was the third in line and from what he said I got off lightly with just being owed £1k. Car is a mobility car on lease. every thing else is leased or in his wifes name. I'd hate to have his karma.

Well done Mafgpie1965 for getting in before me, at least you got £200 back, at lease covered your court fees :)

The scale of what he has done is shocking and I really feel for those who's lives this man has impacted.
By: annoyedneighbour
Feb 02, 2012
the blanchland deli is still open and until now mr burn still resides there, but the snake in the grass probaly hides out else where. its a shame everyone doesnt see these comments so people can realise the extent of the damage he has done to peoples lives. unfortunatly this is just a small percentage of people who he has ripped off.
Jan 27, 2012
Mafgpie, dickd is right about the deli. It is still open (closes Tuesday and Wed at the mo).
Believe his Mrs runs it. The lowlife took my mate for a few hundred . Passed through the other day and apparently he's still there but disappears during the day
By: a landlord
Jan 27, 2012
Hi thanks for the info Mafgpie1965, heard the same rumour about him doing a runner abroad as well.
By: Mafgpie1965
Jan 25, 2012
Forget Blanchland Deli, the place is empty. I won a case through the small claims court regarding Derwentside Estates and Bill Burn. I had to get the bailliffs in and they sold his belongings privately from Medomsley Road and it only raised £200. The court states he is renting his existing property out which will soon no longer be long to him due to serious fraud. I think you may be too late to go to the small claims court, it will cost you and you will end up with nothing. I have heard he is done a runner abroad.
By: dickd
Jan 23, 2012
Blanchland Deli, The Square, Blanchland
Pretty sure he owns/runs the deli in Blanchland

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of derwentside estates Office 1! To leave a new review of derwentside estates Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for derwentside estates Office 1