Mar 27,2015
By: 'Anon'
Mar 27,2015
Overall they Kerr provided a good service, although I would probably not try to sell and buy with the same agency again. It creates conflicts of interest and complications, so that you forget who is the client in the transaction. It was a difficult business and we sometimes felt sidelined or rail roaded into making decisions that might not have been in our best interest. Overall though, they are a good, pleasant bunch but I think that they could do better in advising their clients on certain things, e.g. if you are have had an offer accepted, it would be helpful to be told that it is sensible to procure certain certificates, e.g. gas and electricity, prior to purchase.

This is nitpicking really. They are a good agency and I would recommend them, whilst caveating the fact that they are a little neglectful of their clients at key moments.
By: Robert Barr
Mar 31, 2015
Dear Aidan and Verity

Thanks you for your comments reviewing our service. Whilst in part some of your comments are surprising I am glad to hear you would recommend our services to others. I would like to take this opportunity to explain a few pertinent facts considering the lengths we went to to make sure your sale and purchase proceeded to completion . Given the complexity of the transaction and lack of various and extremely important certificates on both your purchase and sale of your property both Andrew and David went to enormous lengths to resolve these certificates on your behalf . With regard to advising about certificates or lack of them that is primarily for your solicitor and surveyor to do during the conveyancing process and on this occasion we did step in to organise these as required .We paid for one cert when it became clear they were required and even collected it to expedite the sale.

I understand it can feel a little compromised when one agent is acting for both buyer and seller but there are also considerable advantages . In this transaction I suspect without both Andrew and David acting on this entire chain it wouldn`t have proceeded . They both worked tirelessly to make sure the end result was you moving in to the flat you very much wanted to buy from the outset and without their expertise the sales would not have happened.

Kerr & Co Residential