Mar 19,2015
By: 'Sinbin'
Mar 19,2015
From the very first phone call the staff were rude.
I was given unannounced visits which I was told they had let me know in advance via letter ( I recieved no such letter informing me of said visit)
They forgot to set up the very first standing order and proceeded to blame myself for their mistake.
I had only been in property 3 months to be told my lease wouldn't be re newed as I had a Yorkshire terrier. Even though it was agreed within my lease and I made sure that it was in my lease. Because of this I asked GSL if it was possible for us to vacate the property earlier than the agreed 6months lease term. They did not get back to us regarding this and I only found out that they had agreed to this when a prospective tenant showed up at our door stating they had leased the propert a full 2 months before my lease was up......
I would never treat anyone they way GSL treated us. They are a joke of a company.
I will not be recommending this shambles of a Company to anyone and I would urge anyone looking to lease,buy with this company to look elsewhere.
The deposit was twice the rent and after we had vacated the property they tried to only give us back half the deposit.... As they didn't know it was two months
Attached Files
By: Sharon Campbell
Aug 28, 2015
Please advise what property address you were living in as I would like to respond to your issues.

What I would say is that all of our properties do not accept dogs. I would point out there is no section of any lease that deals with animals in the property.
Standing Orders are managed by the individual that has the account and not a third party. We are unable to manage tenants deposits, therefore it is up to the tenant to ensure that their standing order is in place for their rent payment to be sent.
We never carry out unannounced visits. All our visits are communicated by telephone, letter and text. Sometimes tenants change numbers and do not advise us.

You seem to contradict yourself with regards the notice period. In one sentence you have said that you wanted to leave early and then when we found a tenant to allow you to leave early you are hot happy with that?? I would suggest that this is good customer service and most agents would hold you to the duration of your lease.

I presume your complaint is centred round the fact that you failed to advise us you had a pet and when this was discovered and you were given your notice you have taken great umbrage at this and have gone out of your way to give our company a bad reference. Our actions merely demonstrate that we were acting on our landlords behalf ensuring that no pets were in the property and carrying out the service we are paid to do.

GSL Lettings