Mar 16,2015
By: 'Cairn Letting'
Mar 16,2015
Was very good until Claire McKay left after 1.5 years. Then the trouble started with poorly selected tenants who have damaged fire appliances and mandatory door locks. My reliable contractor was accused of lying for revealing deficiencies repeatedly 'repaired' by their own 'handymen'. When I questioned the allegation. I was dropped as a client with no explanation - just a Friday 12% management handover and an order to pick up my files two days over the weekend on the Monday. Fortunately a reliable property manager from the past contacted me before the break-up with a good offer at 8% which has been an unbelievable miracle in view of understandable stress and frustration.
My 'new' agent is worth her weight in gold. Cairns managing director couldn't be bothered apologising for his staff's unjustified action but I understand that new legislation covering letting agents is expected to be announced later this year. That should finally end the disgrace of unreliable agencies sprung up on the back of Glasgow City Council's take on HMO's.

Cairn Estate and Letting Agency