Nov 04,2013
By: 'DisgruntledTenant'
Nov 04,2013
Its a pity there is no option to award these people 0/5 because I believe I would and I believe everyone who has had the misfortune to deal with them would also.

My landlord of my private house lives abroad and up until summer 2012, her mum took care of all rent/maintenance/repair/tenancy agreement issues we needed. We had not one single problem with anything since we moved in September 2010. She retired from that position and Cryers took over all of that, which is when the fun started. They didn\'t view the property before taking it on. Not one of the 6 tenants in the house was spoken to via email/phone call/in person by a member of their staff. They changed the day our rent was due without consulting us.

They sent 3 of us an email in November last year stating that they intended to market the property for new tenants despite not asking us if we were staying. They then clarified their position and stated that if we were staying, we had to tell them by December and those who were staying had to pay £50 admin costs each. We had been there 2 years paying nothing but deposit, rent and bills - now they want us to pay more money to do the same thing?!?!

Once we had no hot water coming through - the house is made of old everything - and we told them on Monday about this. Their response was their regular plumber was busy but could come out on Friday! 6 people, all with full time jobs, who like being clean, with no hot water for 4 days?! An email to our landlord had an alternative plumber out before the end of the day.

They tried to show people round one day, but had no keys. They wanted one of us to come home from work to let them in! They allowed someone to move in who was on benefits - he didn\'t tell us that - and also had no set guarantor/regular income - which we didn\'t know either. We managed to get him kicked out via our landlord again! When I called the office about this, the person I spoke to wasn\'t sure that our house was on their books!

They have sent a letter to the house twice stating they were coming round to do an inspection. This has never happened yet. Sometimes the letters don\'t even have the right tenants names on them!

They are a joke of an agent and should have their license revoked. I\'m still not convinced they know who is living here and what their names are. I have had some excellent times in this house due to my housemates and will be sad to leave it, but it will be a joy to get shot of these idiots. If they try to keep any of our deposits, we will visit their office with lawyers in tow, as any damage to this house is due to the fact that its old and falling apart, and not due to us.

This page is testament to why you should go somewhere else for your letting needs in Southampton!
They could have not opened for business in Southampton so our Landlord had to go with literally anyone else!
Attached Files