Sep 23,2010
Sep 23,2010
I have read through many reviews on this site with regards to Belvoir, 99% not good, but thought seeing as they are a franchise and Harlow was not mentioned I would throw caution to the wind. Big mistake, they fell into line with most reviews I have read. I arranged for a viewing and was told that due to a previous hicup that I would be the first person to view the property, upon arriving we were informed that they was another party viewing the same property 15mins after us. Upon leaving we were informed that even though there was someone else looking we would have 1st refusal if we rang back in the morning. We went home disscussed our options and decided that we were going to go ahead, due to work commitments I was unable to call agent back at 9 on the dot, and about 9.20 i recieved a text telling me that the other prospective tennants had already been in and paid a deposit so the flat was gone! When challenging the fact that we were supposed to have 1st refusal i was greeted with a somewhat dont care attitude and that I should have either rang at 9am sharp or better still commit there and then after viewing the property! Subsiquent communications have resulted in a frankly disgusting level of customer service and needless to say I will never use Belvoir ever again, I suggest that regardless if the franchise you avoid at all costs. If this is how potential clients are treated then I can only wonder how you are treated once money is handed over and contracts signed!
By: Anon
Sep 24, 2010
I can appreciate that propertys are snapped up quickly and that i was asked to call in the morning to give an answer. Personally me and my partner wanted to discuss the flat we saw together so making a snap decison there and then was not an option, to be told you will have first refusal and then be given just 15mins in the morning to ring you is my issue here, if was told the night before that because someone else was viewing and if they came to you first then it was theirs i would have no quams at all, fairs fair, but as I have stated we were told we had first refusal and to be honest being given a 15min window from 9am in the morning to call and confirm doesn't seem like "first refusal" to me. I have no ill feeling now that I had a chance to calm down but we just feel that we were let down
By: Tracy Allen
Sep 24, 2010
Being the Agent in question, I am actually quite proud that NONE of the reviews on this website relate to the Harlow Office as you so rightly state. I think this speaks for itself in that we actually DO provide extremely good Customer Service and have an outstanding reputation in the Harlow area. I have apologised to you for the unfortunate situation, but again, by your own admission I did tell you to call me first thing in the morning or call the Office after you left the viewing. I was completely honest with you and told you that someone else was viewing the property after you. As harsh as it sounds, I cannot reserve a property without taking a holding deposit and I gave you every opportunity to be the first people to make an offer.
By: Anon
Sep 23, 2010
Unfortuntely there is a shortage of properties in the market at the moment and good properties are getting snapped up very quickly. Properties can only be reserved when a deposit is paid and it is first come first served unfortunately. It sounds like you are just very cross that you did not act quickly enough to reserve the property, and someone else snapped it up. Not the Agents fault I would say?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Belvoir Office 29! To leave a new review of Belvoir Office 29, please click the link below !
Write a review for Belvoir Office 29