Mar 12,2013
Mar 12,2013
When we were looking for a property to rent, and we needed it in a hurry to secure a place at the right school for my oldest, we found one we liked in the Townends window. The agent who showed us around then claimed the \'landlord didn\'t want our offer\' - we are in the top 10% of earners and have a perfect credit score and good references - we were mystified. He then went on to show us several other properties. It then became clear he was in fact showing us properties that were for sale - we were the reserve action plan should the buyers not be able to sell (it was in the slump). the last one he wasted our time with had the for sale sign outside! He clearly thought we were as stupid as he evidently was. We never did get an explanation as to why the first property we looked at couldn\'t be ours - I believe that one was in fact a rental property - it was weird and he was clearly manipulating the situation. Of course, we went with another agent fairly quickly because despite his fluent estate agent smarm we were not fooled for long. Inevitably, we got a lovely 4 bed house the same day we looked at it with Andrews Lettings, because there is nothing to suggest we\'re a problem - rather whatever crap this guy was trying to pull was the problem. Had he taken us in for even one more day we would not have secured the place at my son\'s school - I wouldn\'t set foot in a Townends again.
Employ honest workers and remember it\'s people\'s lives you\'re dealing with. and in today\'s current insanity, you might be well advised that renters these days are just as likely to be educated, middle class people who can see through the bull, and expect to be treated with the same respect and equanimity as buyers.
By: Townends Estate Agents
Mar 14, 2013
I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate matters for you with a view of resolving your concerns. In order to do this, there is additional information such as your name and contact details that I require, therefore please feel free to contact me personally by email

Kind Regards

Karl Le Brasse
Lettings Director

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Streatham Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Streatham Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Streatham Branch