HLM manage our property. We have had several ongoing issues (windows not being cleaned, carpets not being cleaned, dog faeces not being removed, rubbish left outside doors) with them which we have raised (first raised in July 2012). They failed to return to phone calls about the problems and did not provide any feedback about remedial actions.
We then followed their complaints procedure by putting our concerns into writing (in November 2012), and thus far this has still not produced any satisfactory outcome. Simple queries like "when will the windows be cleaned?" have not been answered, yet they sent us an invoice which states that window cleaning is done every two months and included at £1500 per annum. I can say with certainty that the windows have not been cleaned since at least July 2012, and certainly some of the windows in communal areas have never been cleaned.
How they can justify the invoice is astounding, and then threaten to take legal action against us when we query their lack of action? Absolutely disgusting customer service!
What agent could do to change your mind?
HLM could improve in numerous ways (which we have already suggested and they still have failed to do):
1. Returning phone calls/emails in a timely fashion (i.e. not ignoring them!)
2. Following their own complaints procedure, which states that if a complaint is not dealt with within 15 days then the problem will be escalated. It is worrying that they have put together a complaints procedure which they do not follow!
3. Work with their customers to ensure properties are managed effectively, rather than to threaten with extortionate administration charges (in excess of ‚£140)
4. Be proactive, rather than wait for complaints.
5. Provide a way for customers to feed back to the company
6. Do site visits.
7. Listen and act accordingly!