“Do not be taken in by their advert like I did...”

Apr 17,2019
By: 'Christctc'
Apr 17,2019
UPDATE TO THIER RESPONSE. Yes they offered me £200 which I declined. I will take this to the ombudsman for statistical purposes and will be filing a motion in the small claims court. IF IT IS CHEAPER GUYS, DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP. GO FOR A REPUTABLE LOCAL ESTATE AGENT AND PAY THAT BIT EXTRA.

Sadly not a pleasant experience at all for me using this company. I was taken in by their add and also paid extra for viewings. Firstly the property ad that they made up was used from an old ad they did for me to let the property and the pictures taken where poor so we reused the old ones. In over six months i had four viewings. There was one offer, but this offer was from an estate agent i ended up employing due to lack of views via purple bricks. Once I started to use a local agent i had five viewings a week and multiple offers. I sold the flat in under two months with the other estate agency. I am now stuck with two bills. The purple bricks model is flawed.

When I spoke with Purple Bricks about a refund for poor service I was told they struggled to gain access to the property because of the tenant (she cancelled only one viewing) and that it is my fault that i have to pay two fees as if i had stuck with them it would have been sold by them. This is incorrect; it was sold by another agency due to their proactive work. Once Purple bricks get your cash and placed your add, it seems their work is done. I also conveyed my concerns to their head office who called once a month to see how everything was going, and nothing was ever changed...

These are the reasons from their customer service team as to why they feel they delivered a service, my comments in capitals...

"While I appreciate your disappointment in the number of viewings achieved, it should be noted that there were other factors involved. I am aware that the tenant was not always cooperative and that collecting the key from the other estate agent was not ideal. Had you not instructed another agent, there is every likelihood that your buyer would have viewed your property with Purplebricks." OTHER ESTATE AGENT WAS ALWAYS COOPERATIVE IN GIVING THEM THE KEYS. LIKELY HOOD OF SELLING VIA THEM WAS NON EXISTANT AS MINIMAL VIEWINGS WHEREAS OTHER AGENT HAD 5 A WEEK IMMEDIATELY.

Although you chose to instruct another agent, we continued to be available to sell your home. Obviously your decision to engage another agent has resulted in more significant costs being incurred, however this was outside our control and is the reason we generally advise customers against instructing multiple agents. For these reasons I am unable to uphold this aspect of your complaint. AS ABOVE IS MY REASONING AS TO WHY I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO INSTRUCT ANOTHER AGENT.

I feel robbed in all honesty... :(
By: Elaine
May 04, 2019
I would be interested to know how you get on with the small claims court. I am in the same situation as you. Trying to sell with PURPLE BRICKS is a waste of time and money. They are not proactive and their ‘service’ does not work. They do not stick to their side of the agreement.

Purplebricks