“Bordering on harassment!...”

Nov 27,2018
By: 'Anonymous'
Nov 27,2018
3 months prior to renewing our lease the agent constantly called us 1-2 times per day for around 2 weeks despite being told both myself and my partner work freelance. We don't work in an office so aren't available to answer our phones or emails immediately, we informed her of this and said we would get back to them when we were available and closer to the time. Also despite telling her we had already agreed with our landlord we would renew, she called and emailed constantly to get us to sign the lease 6 weeks before it was due to "secure our terms" Terms which we had already agreed with our landlord directly! However, when myself or my landlord wanted to speak to the agent about updating the lease to include our agreed terms, we couldn't get a hold of her. We left countless messages over the space of 2 weeks with colleagues and her voicemail for her to return our calls, which never happened.
Part of our renewal terms was a partial refund of our initial deposit. It took 3 MONTHS and threat of legal action for them to refund this to us. During that time another member of staff called an emailed about our renewal fee, a fee which we weren't ever made aware we needed to pay before we were invoiced for it. In reply to the first email about this fee I said I would happily pay once my deposit was refunded which was a considerably larger amount, yet the phone calls and emails still came.
The conduct of these agents and representatives was appallingly unprofessional and bordering on harassment. I'd be disgusted if my business was represented in this way.
If you want to be treated like a human being, avoid this agency at all costs!!
We were never made aware of the renewal fee until it had been invoiced.

Foxtons