Sep 17,2007
Sep 17,2007
Avoid Avoid Avoid.

They do a very very basic inventory with you when you check in and mark everything as in "new" condition, even if it really isn't. You have to point things out to them. With us the whole thing took maybe 15 minutes.

Then on check out they hire an independent inventory person who goes over everything with a fine tooth-comb for about two hours. They expect you to steam clean the oven, clean every bit of dust of every ledge no matter how high, descale the kettle thoroughly etc. etc. even though none of this was done when you check in.

So deductions are made from your bond even though some of the things were in the state they were when you checked in!

So be VERY careful when checking in to go over absolutely everything with this knowledge in mind.

They also don't reply to emails and try to avoid responsibility for communal issues when there is another management company involved (as in they just give you their number and expect you to ring the other company, who in turn tell you that they won't deal with you because you are not the landlord).

Andrews Estate Agents are TERRIBLE, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
By: disparing
Mar 07, 2014
I'm currently having exactly the same problems with the return of my deposit. I have challenged them over the retentions, asked for evidence of works, and haven't had a response in days.

Whether you are a landlord or a tenant - avoid Andrews letting.
By: kay
Jul 02, 2011
same thing happened to me too, They didn\\\'t even do an inventory when we moved in and whilst doin the inspection when we left they blaimed us for so many things that we didn\\\'t even do. Not sure how to get this issue sorted as we are still dealing with them about the deposit. Andrews are absolutely terrible with service and everything!
By: Unhappy Director
Mar 30, 2010
We use Andrews in Bristol to manage our block in Clifton. They were OK for a while. They have gone down hill rapidly. Incompetent clueless baffoons. You need to stand on their necks all the time. They still get it wrong. Avoid avoid avoid.
By: Steve
Aug 25, 2008
Interesting. I had the exact same experience with the Oxford and Abingdon branches. The inventory we were presented when I moved in was laughable. So, I made the agent go around the house and add every single nick and scratch to the inventory.

On check out, an "independent" (i.e. someone who relies on half their income from Andrews) inventory checker came around, and there were quibbles about the difference between the meaning of a scuff and a chip. (This is a 30 year old house that had been rented for years and hadn't been redecorated!)

Luckily, I had photos of all the scuffs (or were they chips?) and the state the house from when we moved in, otherwise I suspect we would have lost a good chunk of our deposit instead of having it returned in full.

In short, they were okay to deal with for most things, but make sure you view the inventory through the eyes of a maiden aunt who keeps the plastic on her furniture, and make sure you are there with the assessor at checkout. Be polite but firm, and have records of everything.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Andrews Princes Buildings! To leave a new review of Andrews Princes Buildings, please click the link below !
Write a review for Andrews Princes Buildings