Jul 11,2009
Jul 11,2009
Bought a new built property from Westbury Homes six years ago in Stoke-on-Trent. Unfortunately, I received an non-optional extra with the purchase of my home called HLM. This is a company that is dishonest. Over the years they have correspondended brilliantly (when it's time to send me a bill) but don't communicate on any other level. From day one, I made it clear to them that I would pay if I saw proof of the public liability insurance that they insist on taking out for the car parking area that is communal but they don't send this proof. Who would pay for any insurance policy without checking it first? I did see on a couple of occasions in the last six years two men arriving in a van to 'garden'. Both times I timed them; they stayed for four minutes and hoovered up some leaves. There is no garden maintenance for the public areas in the car parks but, there again, even though we are paying for it there really isn't much to garden anyway. As for the AGMs they promised in the original mail-out of their services, I await the first one.
I did tell them that I did not wish to contribute and they told me that I had no choice. This was a direct lie, as I have recently spoken to my solicitor and it turns out that I, along with the other owners, actually own the company ourselves and 2 of the owners are, according to the deeds, directors (as nominated by Westbury Homes) though we don't know which two. In other words, we can dismiss them and that is exactly what we are about to do.

I have in front of me a quite thick file regarding the correspondence I have written over the years. They are so ridiculous that I had to write and ask them if any of them spoke English because they don't seem to understand what I write. Apparently they do! So I said I didn't want any further conversations with them until they met my request of sending me the information for the insurance. They still haven't...

My advice... speak to the solicitor you used when you bought your property. And if possible, dump HLM from a big height as soon as possible. These people are either deluded or don't care and need to go into Room 101 asap.
By: on a mission
Jul 12, 2009
We have had an exact problem and they promised to send us correspondence but have not. They are completely rubbish and think that most of us are stupid - the money is taken and put in one big pot as they still not given us a break down of the accounts that we asked for as this is also something that we need. I stated when I go to the supermarket I get a breakdown of what I have bought and therefore the same principal applies !!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of H L M Midlands Office 1! To leave a new review of H L M Midlands Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for H L M Midlands Office 1