Jan 09,2017
Jan 09,2017
We have been looking to buy a bungalow in the Ossett area and saw one on Rightmove so immediately phoned to book a viewing. The earliest was more than 3 days ahead so reluctantly agreed to 10am on the Saturday.
We rearranged our schedule to fit this time, changing a customer of ours appointment time and partner taking time off work. This was an important viewing for us.
We arrived at the house to meet the agent who asked my name. He then said other people were viewing at the same time and another couple walked down the drive. I told him we were viewing alone - no one had told us anything different - but he allowed them in.
We wanted a private viewing to discuss my health options etc and certainly did not want others overhearing our conversation.
We left and did not view the property. I went straight to the Ossett branch to register my complaint but the male advisor was not interested. He said he had tried to phone me to tell me another couple had booked an appointment for the same time just 20 minutes ago but my phone was going straight to answerphone. He said it was probably a loss of signal. He had his excuses prepared once he realised he had cocked up big time.
Checked my phone in front of him - no messages and no missed calls. Phone was on and working properly. He maintained his stance and excuses.
We used our wasted time to view other properties from estate agents more than wiling to help. Called the Wakefield office to register a complaint but received the same list of excuses. Also an admission they allocate 4 separate parties to view at the SAME time when they can, hence why we could not view on the Thursday as 4 already booked.
Having previously bought and sold properties with Kendalls as they are local I expected them to be professional and trustworthy. After today's experience I would not recommend them to anyone. Obviously their customer care does not apply to prospective purchasers. Especially those with serious health concerns.

Richard Kendall Estate Agent