Nov 23,2011
Nov 23,2011
Took out a 12 month tenancy with a 6 month break clause in an almost completely unfurnished property (apart from sofas). I was not happy with the 6 month break clause as another agent from another company told me that it was only for 6 months and that's why their company did not take it on. I queried this with Barnard Marcus and was told that it was for 12 months but there may be a tiny possibility the landlady would return after 6 months but this was very unlikely as she had been abroad for 7 years.

So we moved in and had just about settled when we were told the landlady wanted her property back after 5 months (apparently she was pregnant)! This is after buying beds, furniture and all the other bits to go in. I called Barnard Marcus (North Finchley branch) to let them know and that we wanted to find a new property (they had promised to wave the extortionate fees if the tenancy did end within the 6 months if we rented again through them). We were contacted about two properties in 3 months, went to see one. Every day I had to take it upon myself to search their website, then call them, only to be told the property had been rented out weeks earlier (website not up to date). I have since tried to speak/complain to the lettings 'manager' - Marc Gray but he has not responded to any of my emails or telephone calls. They were constantly on the phone when they wanted us to take on the tenancy agreement.

The service we have received from them is awful, we feel we were misled when taking on the agreement, they have not shown any interest in us since, even to the point of ignoring us.

I will not be recommending Barnard Marcus to anybody and will certainly not be using them again.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Barnard Marcus Office 34! To leave a new review of Barnard Marcus Office 34, please click the link below !
Write a review for Barnard Marcus Office 34