Apr 17,2015
By: 'Irate landlady'
Apr 17,2015
I am letting a property with Reeds Rains estate agents (highly recommend them) I came to the property one day and found Pattinsons had screwed and bolted a to let board to the side of my house. Their board blocked the Reeds Rains board and was cracked, dis-colored and missing a corner in short it looked awful. I called Pattinsons and spoke to Kerry I told her I was unhappy and wanted it removed asap, Kerry said she had ordered a board for a different house in the street and would get it moved (no apology though). Three days later the board was still up so I called back and spoke to what I thinks was a call centre, again they said they would get it removed (still no apology). A week later and surprise suprise the board was still there looking scabbier than ever, another phone call and this time I told Kerry I wanted to speak to the manager, apparently she was in a meeting but if I left my name and number she would call back, as this would be the third time is given my details and waited for a call back I declined and let her know I would be contacting the police. So after making a complaint to my local police force for criminal damage and trespassing the police called me and advised they had promised the board would be down by Monday at the very latest. So come Tuesday guess what? Still a board outside! So another irate phone all to Kerry and this time I got to the manager Shauna, (still no apology) she would take my number and call me back in 10 minutes. The sub-contractor called me 5 minutes later, he apologised and was very helpful there had been confusion over the house number and it would be rectified immediately (he was great) the board came down within hours. It's been 3 days since Shauna advised she would call me back in 10 minutes and guess what, she hasn't called and Pattinsons have still never apologised! If they can't manage to arrange a sign outside the right house then how can they be expected to sell or let a property? Complete shambles of a company!!!
Called when they said they would and apologised for the mistakes they made and damage they caused.
Attached Files
By: Quietly amused
Feb 22, 2018
I have to agree with Casual Observer about Shona's response. Accusations of not apologising then not taking the opportunity to apologise. However I don't understand the bit where he says if she had apologised the landlady may have used Pattinsons to sell the property if Reeds Rains rental fell through- who says she wanted to sell it?? Fail.
By: Casual Observer
Jun 12, 2015
Haha, love the fact that there is no hint of apology in Shona's comment. Regardless of whether the subcontractor was at fault or not here, the landlady is rightly pissed off, and it's Pattinson's brand that's at stake. As a manager, Shona could have seen this as an opportunity to turn this around, left the woman with a better view of Pattinson's and maybe even left her with the option to use them to sell the property if Reeds Rains fell through. Fail.
By: Shona Brown
Apr 17, 2015
Hi There, In this case the board was erected in error by our contractor (we have another flat in the same block to let). As you left no contact details initially when you spoke to Teri in our office I could not contact you directly, However I did liaise with the police in response to your complaint as soon as they contacted me. When I spoke to you directly after this I contacted the contractor imediatley after apologising to yourself directly for the mistake they had made. They assured me that the board had been removed therefore I asked them to contact you and passed your details to them. I called your mobile number at exactly 5pm and left a voice mail for you to let you know the contractor would be in touch and with my direct dial to call back. As the largest independent agent in the North East we pride ourselves on our customer service and are simply not in the business of upsetting landlords/vendors.
Please contact me if you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with as I feel this review is not a true reflection of the services we offer and in this case we have done everything possible to rectify this mistake that was made by our external board erector.
Kind Regards