Apr 10,2015
By: 'ChiswickW4'
Apr 10,2015
Very happy with the service. James, Hayley and Mark were great from start to finish. Thank you!

If I was to give any constructive criticism.. if I recall correctly (!) - the cleaning service was changed without telling me from 9th to the 8th April - would have appreciated being told the date was changed so I could agree it as I wanted to be there. It turned out OK but just saying please keep landlords advised when dates change as I was planning other things around the plan we agreed.

Also I asked for advance notice if the tenants wished to visit the property a second time before taking residence - but this was forgotten as the tenants visited a second time without me receiving advance notice. Just would help to remember these things as I had family staying at the house - would avoid any heart attacks when people enter with no appointment. Also would mean I could make sure the place is perfect when they view.

Email responses could perhaps have been a bit quicker from Hayley and James at times but I appreciate they are busy - I advised comprehensively about my inventory arrangements but was then asked what my arrangements were. It was all in my emails..

I am very happy with James, Hayley and Mark.. they did a great job. Mark agreed a simple deal with me that I was happy with. If it had not been agreed I would not have marketed with Townends as I am very specific about what agreement basis I am happy to work on with agents. Mark showed flexibility was courteous, and stuck to our agreement which was very important to me as a landlord.

Just as general feedback - if a landlord sends an email it would be great to always get a reply asap. For the most part I did receive a prompt reply so very happy. It gives a sense of professionalism and reliability that as the owner I am being listened too - Landlords don't write emails for the fun of it - its because they want to impart information and have that acknowledged and acted on.

But I will use Townends (James and Mark) again I am sure thank you!

I give James and Mark and Hayley 9.9 out of 10.

Good job thank you :)
The agreement I made with Townends in Chiswick was a 'tenant finding service only' for a flat fee. James and Mark found me a tenant before FJLord did and I was happy with the representation agreement we made. I am sure I would use Townends again on basis of the same agreement. I was not required to sign the T&Cs (as in this case mostly irrelevant it our agreement). Mark's flexibility on this point was important and was much appreciated. We were able to proceed because of his amenable approach.
By: MWM
Apr 14, 2015
Townends are always looking at how to improve our service offering, so thank you for your comments we appreciate your feedback.

Townends