Mar 20,2015
By: 'Grish Lohani'
Mar 20,2015
I made an offer to buy the property using The Property Explorer in Basingstoke. My mortgage, solicitor everything was done. Vendor accepted the offer. All was going smoothly. But The property Explorer mislead me by saying the vendor accepted another price from a different buyer who also viewed the property in open day. if we want to increase the price, then possibly the deal can be finalise. I am so upset. How can a estate agent work like this. I felt this company is completely not worth to trust, if someone is buying house and thinking of using this Estate Agent. Oh no, please don't use. How can he produce another buyer to a vendor when an offer is already accepted and paper works are progressing. Such a waste of my time, money and effort. Why was my offer accepted and my details were processed and they contact my solicitor when the offer could be cancelled anytime and we were even not made aware by the agent that this could happen otherwise we could be mentally prepared and still looking for houses.
By: Richard Low
Mar 20, 2015
Dear Mrs Lohani,
As explained in our numerous conversations it is a legal requirement for us and any other agent to submit every offer to our client the vendor, the only exception to the rule is if our client instructs us otherwise. The property was removed from the market as soon as your offer was excepted by the vendor.
After the open house we received many offers including yours, one particular buyer offered more than you but had a house to sell that was not under offer at that time, they re-offered as soon as they went under offer (after your offer was excepted). We called your husband and left a voice mail to call back asap soon after. then submitted the offer to the vendor.
I HAVE to submit every offer to our vendor! I have never mislead you or your husband! I have simply followed our clients instructions to the letter! It is totally understandable that you are upset, I am genuinely sorry for that but you are also aware that we fought your corner and strongly recommended that our client stick with you as a buyer. Despite your comments I wish you the very best with your move. Richard Low (MD-The Property Explorer)

The Property Explorer