Jul 15,2008
By: 'Adam'
Jul 15,2008
I have dealt with a number of Estate/Letting agents over the last 6years in Oxfordshire, Northumberland, London, Dorset and Reading. I have never come across such a poorly run, unprofessional, deplorable 'company' as Atlantis.

I have lived in an Atlantis 'managed' (I use the term lightly) property for the last year. From day one I have had problems with this organisation and its ever changing 'work-force'. I have never actually had a contract stating the correct dates despite trying to secure one for 12months now. My rent is paid via direct debit on the same date every month yet for some reason I regularly receive fines for late payment.

I have also had issues with Atlantis in regards booking appointments for prospective tenants to view the property. This is an ongoing theme, the day I moved into the property myself, we had to delay by a number of hours as they had lost every single key (including window keys). This has happened a further two times and I have had to provide newly cut keys (at my own expense) so that customers can view the property.

The team of Estate agents can only be described as cowboys. They have limited knowledge of the market they are working in and come across as smarmy and desperate. As for the rest of the organisation, they do not keep records of previous conversations or phone calls, are generally very rude. I would highlight the Accounts department as being specifically incompetent. I often find that when I have an issue, it ends up that I do the work for them in resolving the issue. I could go on, however, I think you can form a comprehensive picture of how poor Atlantis are from other peoples reviews.

I am currently disputing my leave date with Atlantis and with each staff member I speak to I receive a different story. This has been ongoing for over 6 weeks. A such I am now in the process of seeking legal advice. Atlantis are an organisation that feed you lies, mis-inform you, mis-represent you and try to fleece you whenever they can. I have just bought my own property, and I can confirm that Atlantis are the laughing stock of estate/letting agents in Reading. When you have a poor reputation amongst your peers as well as your customers something is wrong. As well as seeking legal advice I will also be complaining through the ARLA. I am also a tad annoyed that I cannot rate Atlantis lower than 1 star.

I look forward to Andy's automated response and pursuing my complaints through other means.
By: CH
Aug 29, 2008
Yeah sorry to hear all this Adam,

And CB - it's nto just "Anog" who can be found at their offices but also Marie, Rob, Norman and Peter!! They could have at least used original usernames.

Wait till my review gets posted guys, it's a beauty. Shame to be so negative about a company but it all rings true and I just want people to see what they are dealing with should they decide (insanely) to go ahead and use them anyway.

By: Adam
Jul 17, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for commenting on my views guys, is nice to know I am not the only one out there. I will keep you up to date with any progress I make, and if needs be will ask your opinions and get you to related your horror story. Best.
By: CB
Jul 17, 2008
Totally agree with you Adam. Words are not enough to define the means Atlantis adapt to rip poeple off. Also would like to bring to everybody's attention that Anong who left such a positive review for Atlantis can be found at their lettings office in Reading City Centre as an employee for Atlantis.
By: JP
Jul 16, 2008
I would just like to say that I completely agree and second all of Adam's views. Frankly, this company need to be shut down as fast as possible and I hope that everyone who comes to this site acknowledges exactly the extent of negativity expressed from pretty much every REAL review that has been written from people's experiences with them. Really, the quality of the company is summed up by their MD 'Andrew' not even being bothered to write a proper response to any of the reviews - how sad is that? Bunch of complete losers - if only there was a ZERO STAR RATING

Atlantis Property