Accommodate Rural
Peebles, EH45
1/5, 1 reviews
0% recommended

“On our 1st meeting with Sandy he appeared a very ......”

By: 'Burnt'
Jan 08,2014
On our 1st meeting with Sandy he appeared a very jolly and endearing man if some-what *. He professed to be doing well in our neighbouring town of Peebles and although had an office in Edinburgh had community ties to Peebles were he lives and opened. I felt happy to give business to a local agent and on the face of it all appeared sound. However; the tenants did a flit, leaving massive bills and a tip of a property. I understand this may happen but, he avoided us like the plague we could not contact him on ANY of the numbers 'associated' to him our questions about deposit and the new deposit scheme increasingly irritated him and his staff when we did eventually make contact. He stated the deposit, over 400 pounds was eaten up by paying bills. I couldn't understand why he could pay tenants debt with a deposit that is legally bound to a scheme. I asked him several times what scheme he was with, he never seemed to remember! I found out; there are only 3 schemes in Scotland and within the relevant dates, which we where, he legally had to do so. I called all 3 schemes to enquire my rights; to my dismay, 1 - our deposit wasn't ever entered into any of them, 2- they had (at that time) no records at all of Accommodate Rural at all either. He has been trading for some years now and several of our friends have properties for some time before us with him. We never found out about our deposit and after a year have given up with this man. We have also now tried to find out about the company and or Sandy at companies house (we toyed with the idea of legal action). They could not find out anything about Accommodate Rural either. (again at that time). Steer clear!! Something doesn't add UP!
By: Sandy Grant
Oct 28, 2020
By: Another victim of Sandy Grant
Oct 24, 2020
I agree with the comments about his bullying and condescending nature. He kept our deposit as well as other funds. *Stay clear. He has closed his edinburgh business shop and moved accommodate edinburgh to an industrial estate setting. Rumors in the community are that this guy is now struggling financially and if it's true the sooner he's out of business the better. People who are interested in reading about this ** clown further should check out the feedback about his edinburgh business accommodate edinburgh. Just google accommodate edinburgh loads of feedback there about ***y. Seriously guys just stay clear, the mans a joke
By: Someone who knows better!
Jan 07, 2019
I'd agree with this! The man speaks to me like I'm an idiot. I do not like his manner! He's rude, condescending and quite frankly if you're a woman he makes you feel as small and as stupid as possible. Hes a lump of a man who's old enough to know better. Not good enough Sandy!

Opening Hours
Address

Accommodate Rural
18 Northgate
Peebles
Scottish Borders
EH458RS

Performance statistics
Services Valuation Accuracy Fees Satisfaction Min Price of property reviewed Max Price of property reviewed
Review statistics
  • Mortgage Advice
Members of
Latest Properties

No Properties

“On our 1st meeting with Sandy he appeared a very ......”

By: 'Burnt'
By: Sandy Grant
Oct 28, 2020
This comment is completely unfounded, untrue and frankly very upsetting. These allocations are very serious, I have never received any complaints regarding bullying, sexual misconduct towards anyone. I run two successful businesses. I would like to ask thIs person to contact me directly to discuss these issues. ...
No fees information available
Kindly note that legally, letting agents need to publish information about their tenancy fees, government-approved redress schemes and client money protection schemes on their website and on third party websites (on which agents are listed). For properties to lease/rent in England, agents need to keep this information up to date and precise on allAgents or specify within the property description.

Complaints Procedure