Nov 24,2010
Nov 24,2010
I'm severly disapointed with the communication and service that ludlow seem to think is acceptable.

Ludlow are holding onto our deposit on even after I spoke to the landlord a month ago, who said to me that he doesn't know why ludlow are still holding back our deposit. He also mentioned that it takes weeks before ludlow pass on rent to the landlord, which even then takes some chasing.

I've called into the Acton Branch, who had no clue what was going on, they gave me an email address of a regional manager. I emailed this person who forwarded me onto others staff members. After numerous emails I occasionally get a " Can you look into this email", or " can you confirm your details", then when I follow up to ask for an update I receive nothing back.

I also emailed the customer service email address that I see cropping up on here (which did not respond).

I called up one of the email contacts I had, who said they were waiting for the landlord to confirm with them they could release the deposit. As I have good relations with the landlord I checked this and he said he has already provided this.

Still to this day I have no news on when I will get any money back.

It may be that there is some hold up that I am not aware of, but I regularly ask for updates, but I get no response back.

By: James
Jan 20, 2011
Finally after 3 and a half months I managed to get my deposit back through the TDS scheme. Although ludlow claim they were waiting for the landlord to give them consent to release the money. Seems fortunate that this was held in Ludlow's account gaining interest for 3 months, until I raised the TDS.

Sigh of relief.....I never have to deal with Ludlow again! YIPEEE!
Dec 02, 2010
Dear James,

Many thanks for your review about the return of your deposit. We are very sorry that this is taking so long to resolve but as you know Ludlow Thompson cannot release any deposits without the consent of the landlord.

We have tried on numerous occasions to contact the landlord via Telephone, Email and Letter to get this authorisation but to date we have not been successful. As advised we do recommend that you lodge a dispute with the deposit service who protect your deposit - TDS.

Because Ludlow Thompson are holding the deposit in a separate client account, the deposit will be transferred to the TDS as soon as a dispute is raised. TDS can then decide how the deposit should be returned and are able to send funds out.

We understand the frustration this is causing and will continue to do everything within our power to assist you but we do feel the TDS dispute route will ensure the appropriate outcome is reached quickly.
By: James
Nov 25, 2010
A few other points:

- After we moved out, I receieved an email from the Ludlow staff saying welcome to your new property with us, the one we had just moved out of. Another sign that Ludlow do not have a clue of what is going on.

- As I'm having trouble getting the deposit back, I rencently asked for the deposit protection certificate. I noticed it was regsitered in Jan 2010, and it stated our move in date was Jan 2010. We actually moved in may 2009. The landlord can actually be fined up to 3 times the deposit value if it is not registered withinn 14 days of receiving the money. So I'm guessing Ludlow has committed fraud by lying on the document. This was never given to us to sign either.

- Our flat was supposed to have been professionally cleaned when we moved in, assured by ludlow, when we got in the place was a disgrace, I had cigarette ash in my wardrobe! We complianed, and to be fair it was the cleaned again.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Acton! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Acton, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Acton

172 High StreetActon Acton, London