Jul 09,2013
Jul 09,2013
If you thinking of buying a property with this estate agents don\'t touch them with a barge poll. Managing Directors manner was extremely condescending and unhelpful. Every time I tried to explain and make a point he would not let me finish my sentence to the point where I was becoming increasingly harassed and frustrated by calls. I advised him that it was good customer service for a manager to let the customer finish their sentence. He quite forcefully said to me on the phone ¢â‚¬Å“ I am the Managing Director of this company I suggest that you speak to me with the respect I deserve¢â‚¬Â I was furious and felt the nature of my potential purchase was bullying and oppressive and advised him I deserved to be spoken to which respect also. At one point the Managing Director was laughing at me and stated that I should be considering buying a new house not an old one.

This company have broken many of these codes of conduct. I have suffered both financially and emotionally due to instructing professionals and utilising my time because of your companies failure to disclose information that I requested and the unduly bad treatment and bullying tactics I have encountered from the management. I have lost an incredible amount of money I stopped my search for other properties based upon the reassurance that all was OK. Not once did I receive an apology for the lack of information I received or the inconvenience this would cause or sympathy that if I did proceed to purchase this property I would have to live through major repairs works.

I initially had faith in proceeding to making an offer with this company because of the protection that there memberships would offer me. After much attempt the sellers and me could not match costs to work needed and negotiations failed. This went on from the 3rd of July 2013 through to the 9th of July 2013. I received a call on the 5th of July 2013 stating that the sellers were able to reduce to £133.720 I have a witness to this conversation as it was on speaker phone in my car. However the Managing Director called on the 8th of July at 14.40 to state that the sellers could only reduce by £2000. I now have to leave my property within 3 weeks, have to put my belongings into storage, have to find a rental property for two months till I find a new property. On top of this I have lost the cost of my survey, solicitors charges, petrol costs to liaise with builders, estate agents, solicitors and other agents. I have also lost money due to taking time off work. Not to mention the stress this has caused. I found out about the survey the day before my birthday and gave up my birthday celebrations to drive to York. I then had to travel down several times to secure rental accommodation as a backup. I cannot stress how poor their service is. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Give accurate information and be customer focused. Management also need to get the poker out of their backside and a personality transplant
By: ChurchillMD
Jun 12, 2014
With regards to this review as with many surveys on older properties the report this client had was an in depth report that brought up a problem that could not be seen from an initial inspection. We do not carry out surveys on properties before marketing. The client was distressed when they spoke to us after initially receiving the report and we apologise if they thought our response was not professional. During the week after the report we tried to organise a satisfactory outcome with both seller and buyer. Although the seller did not initially wish to reduce in price, eventually they agreed to the reduction the buyer wanted. Unfortunately the buyer had a change of mind and decided not to proceed even with the agreed reduction.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe! To leave a new review of Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe, please click the link below !
Write a review for Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe

Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York)

Anglia House, 3a Bishopthorpe Road York