Jun 19,2013
Jun 19,2013
This agency is an absolute joke - we have had nothing but problems with them since renting from them 18 months ago and continue to have issues 2 months after moving out.

We moved into a new Jones Home development, managed by JTT in January 2012. Upon moving into the house we found that the upstairs heating did not work, the washing machine had not been plumbed in properly and no rubbish or recycling bins had been provided. Luckily the heating and the washing machine was an easy fix and was sorted after a few days. However after almost a month of emailing Lisa Proctor up to three times a week we still did not have bins at the property despite Lisa claiming every time that they had been ordered. Eventually we called the council ourselves and were shocked to find that no bins had ever been ordered! We spoke to Lisa again and she basically told us that we had to buy them ourselves from the council which we did but refused to pay the rent until the rubbish we had accumulated over the month was removed and we were reimbursed for the bins we had bought.
The rubbish was collected and we were reimbursed and received a small reduction on our rent. Problem sorted... For now.
After getting married in June my husband and I set off on our honeymoon and, after allowing ourselves one day of internet access, were shocked to find an email from Lisa stating that they were about to relist our property as available to rent online despite the fact we had told her about our decision to continue renting the property for another 6 months.
We very quickly told Lisa that this was unacceptable as we had told her we were planning to renew our contract and were going to sign the new contract when we returned home from our honeymoon. Once we returned we received the new contracts from JTT and found that they were planning to increase our rent despite no prior warning and 3 days before our contract was due to expire. We consulted a solicitor this time who informed us that we had to receive at least one months notice of intent to increase the rent to allow us time to find other options if we chose not to accept the increase. After several weeks of tooing and froing with JTT they finally accepted that they were in the wrong and agreed to keep our rent at the previous price.
In April this year my husband and I bought our first home together (a property on the same development also owned by Jones Homes). We gave notice to JTT and moved out halfway through the month. Before moving we employed a JTT recommended cleaner to ensure the property was cleaned to their standards (which he guaranteed it was). However a couple of weeks after moving out we received an email stating that there was significant staining on all of the carpets in the ENTIRE house and they were keeping all £900 of our deposit as it has cost them £1800 to recarpet the house!
My husband and I explained that we had already taken responsibility for the staining in the living room and hallway due to an accident with a can of wood stain however there was no staining in all other parts of the house therefore we would not accept them keeping our whole deposit. We asked for proof of the staining and a receipt proving that it had cost £1800 to recarpet the house. After weeks of telephone calls and emails with Naomi we finally received photos of all the rooms in the house (we were unable to visit the property to see the stains as the carpets had already been replaced with an entirely different carpet) - needless to say there was no stains on any of the carpets except for the living room and hallway. Apparently the stains were \'only visible to the human eye\', a laughable excuse. We still did not have proof of the cost of the carpets nor proof that the new carpets they had used had cost the same as the previous carpets and were beginning to get impatient. Only after drawing up papers to take the case further to the DPS in order to have our money returned did JTT respond telling us that they were willing to accept £200 from our deposit in order to replace the carpets in the living room and hallway. Now maths is not my strong point but if it cost £200 to replace the hallway and living room carpet (the living room was the largest room in the property), where did the extra £1600 come from to replace the stairs, landing and 2 upstairs bedrooms? Clearly they were lying when quoting £1800.
We were told that the deposit would clear in our account within 2-3 days. That was a week ago and still no deposit...
In our final email from Naomi we were asked to post a review on here about the service we had received, I bet they wish they hadn\'t asked now.

Unless you\'re absolutely in love and cannot live without a property managed by them I really would avoid. They have caused us nothing but stress and hardship in times that were supposed to be the happiest of our lives.
By: Martin
Jun 26, 2013
Hi there. As always we take any form of complaint or negative review very seriously, in this instance I have carried out an investigation and can confirm that matters were out of our control as we were not responsible for maintenance only relaying any issues reported, the same applies for the deposit. I am sorry that you felt the need to write this review and am more sorry that you feel this way in relation to the company. I hope in the future you will feel confident to use JJT again and we will restore your faith in our company. In the meantime I wish you all the best in the future. Kind Regards. Martin

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays! To leave a new review of Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays, please click the link below !
Write a review for Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays