Jun 10,2013
Jun 10,2013
Our house had been on the market with one of Manning\'s local competitors. We chose them because their fee was lower and the valuation was slightly higher than other local agents suggested (including Mannings who we saw originally). The competitors had our house for 18 months. In that time they reduced the asking price twice and eventually got one offer £75,000 below the third asking price which was £125,000 below the original value they had put on the property.. It was derisory.

In desperation we turned again to Mannings. They came and saw the house within 2 days with well researched information of other like houses in the area that had recently sold or were on the market. There was no "we told you so". They were understanding, precise and professional , assuring us that the offer we had received was absurd and that they could get us a far better price. I was immediately filled with renewed confidence. It was not misplaced.

The house went on the market with Mannings in late September 2012. There was an immediate string of viewings which for the most part were quality, serious prospective buyers. I assume that Mannings had a big database of quality buyers to whom they directly offered our house. I cannot see how else they produced such immediate good interest. We had a few offers and accepted one in November 2012 slightly below the asking price but with which we were happy and hugely above the nonsense offer we had received via the other agents. Mannings had achieved in 2 months what their competitors had failed to do in 18 months.

Unfortunately the buyer withdrew in January 2013 due to ill health. The house went back on the market at the same price and the viewings began again. In March we accepted the same offer as we had originally in November and completed in May. I am told when a house has to go back on the market after a sale falls through it almost always requires the asking price to be lowered. Not with Mannings.

During the whole process we got good timely feedback from Mannings on every viewing. Once the sale was agreed they kept on the case dealing with any issues that arose between us and the buyers and liaising between us. At times I cannot pretend that we were not exasperated with some aspects of the replies we got from the other side\'s solicitors. My frustration may have been directed at Mannings simply because they were there on the end of the phone. Through it all Laura Walker and her team were ultra professional and calm.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I now realise we should have gone to Mannings all along. Had we, I am certain the house would have sold quickly and at a price with which we were satisfied. They made the original agents we used look like a set of amateurs (no names mentioned). Yes Manning\'s % fee is a bit higher than some others but believe me it is money well spent.

They say selling and moving house is one of the most traumatic experiences in one\'s life (true!), but I am certain Mannings made is as painless and manageable as possible. I shudder to think what it would have been like in the hands of someone else.

Mannings and Laura Walker are top drawer. I cannot recommend them too highly. If I sell again there is only one place I am going. Manning Stainton. Use other estate agents in Leeds at your peril.
By: Mark Manning
Jun 18, 2013
Hi Mark, thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback. We're pleased to hear that when you switched to Manning Stainton that we were able to help you sell your house and also that you received such a good service from Laura and Helen.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Manning Stainton Oakwood! To leave a new review of Manning Stainton Oakwood, please click the link below !
Write a review for Manning Stainton Oakwood