Jan 24,2013
Jan 24,2013
I\'ve been a tenant for several years and I can echo every negative sentiment. From the day I moved in to an uncleaned flat, with broken furniture which apparently constitutes the "furnished" part of my rent, things have remained unreassuringly constant. Julie Twist = Just Terrible. Repairs left undone for months, broken and inadequate furniture still unreplaced (but which you can\'t get rid of because it\'s on the inventory! It\'s like living in a rag-and-bone man\'s emporium), broken and inadequate heating (I\'m in training for an arctic expedition living here in the winter), appointments made and missed (for which I have had to use up annual leave because they never give you a specific time and you have to wait in all day without a call to say \'oh, we\'re not bothering turning up\'.)

Oh, they do the bi-monthly visits to check you haven\'t trashed the place (not strictly possible considering the state when I moved in) but ignore your polite requests for basic tasks to be completed. More time taken off work for nothing. Slowly time drifts by and you lose the energy to complain any more. I have a full time job, i haven\'t the time to make the appalling Julie Twist organisation my full time job.

It\'s about money, of course, and their greed for it without fulfilling basic obligations. The place hasn\'t been maintained or refurbished in all this time and I\'m damned if I\'m going to spend money out on a short-term lease apartment. I\'m a tenant, why should I decorate when I will get only a few months benefit because there is no security of tenure. And the reason they don\'t allow us to have longer term leases? So that they can try to charge an escalating renewal fee each year. For what?!!!!! Signing a photocopied contract each year. I\'ve had no service and their charges should be between them and the landlord. Also, check the small print, they change contracts without warning, slipping in hidden clauses each year. They are inconsiderate, incompetent and dilatory. They even charged me a finder\'s fee despite the fact that I found the flat through the previous short-term tenant. However, personal circumstances, my naivety and caring commitments meant that I had no choice but to pay up. They have a monopoly where I live so it\'s hard to get out.

Landlord or tenant, don\'t get involved. An example of their appalling service and costs. The landlady who lives abroad gave permission to replace the dangerously unstable fitted wardrobe after two years\' residency. They said they couldn\'t get hold of her. For two years? They took no measurements, arrived with a flat pack a third of the size of the old wardrobe and there is no other storage. I live out of boxes. Two more years of complaining and nothing doing. They charged the landlady more in service charges to do the job than the wardrobe cost which is why the wardrobe was so small - all the budget went into their greedy coffers. The bathroom floor only got repaired when I suggested I might sue if it collapsed and I hurt myself.

They don\'t check the status of electrical equipment , they ignore H&S issues (I had to go to the council in the end), and they offer an appallingly expensive non-service to landlords and tenants. AVOID!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays! To leave a new review of Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays, please click the link below !
Write a review for Julie Twist Properties Salford Quays