Jan 18,2013
Jan 18,2013
Appalling. Illegal. Unhelpful. Patronising. Lax with the truth. Evasive. Obtuse. Offensive.

If I could give Churchills Lettings no stars I would. I have never come across such offensive and horrible letting agents and I have been a tenant for 15 years across the country.

They lied on a number of occasions, have left me without heat and hot water for 14 days and counting, they are sloppy, use cheap labour who don\'t know what they are doing, refuse to acknowledge emails, or address specific points.

I would strongly urge anyone considering using them in any capacity to move on, no matter how seemingly nice the property.
By: Sarah Metcalfe
Jul 08, 2013
I believe you Therese I have just had much dealings with Kevin. He is extremely offensive and ony concerned about profit and ripping people off. Email me on sm546@york.ac.uk. We with others will go to trading standards and the relevant bodies because it's about time rouge agents like this were stopped. Good luck Therese I hope you manage to get a better landlord next time and Kevin I don't know how you sleep at night.
By: Therese Raquin
Jan 21, 2013
The above is just not true. The boiler is still broken. I reported it broken first in December. We are now on 20th January and it is still broken. Alternative accommodation was not available to me at all times. I was offered use of a shower a mile away from my house. I refused accommodation at first as I was told it would only be two days. 16 days on and here we are. This reply is absolutely indicative of the service you have provided all along, only concerned with fudging the facts and not actually dealing with the problem. The problem being that I have been without a functioning boiler and therefore hot water and heating since December, despite paying full rent. I would suggest that you sort the problem out before attempting to defend yourself in a public forum, wouldn't you?
By: Therese Raquin
Jan 21, 2013
This is just not true Kevin. At all. The boiler broke in DECEMBER, a fact you consistently ignore. I didn't take accommodation because you staff said it would take two days. You also neglect to mention on here that the boiler is still broken... the part that was ordered didn't fix it, did it? So it's still broken six weeks after I first reported it. As I say, lax with the truth. But thanks so much for responding, your lack of response over the last few weeks hasn't helped the situation at all. I would advise people to beware of this letting agent.
By: Churchills MD
Jan 20, 2013
Miss Raquin was offered alternative accommodation on the first day that the boiler broke, but chose not to take it. The plumber responded to the broken boiler within a few hours. Unfortunately the part took 8 days to be delivered. Alternative accommodation was available to Ms Raquin at all times.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe! To leave a new review of Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe, please click the link below !
Write a review for Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York) Bishopthorpe

Churchills Estate Agents & Valuers (York)

Anglia House, 3a Bishopthorpe Road York