Nov 21,2012
Nov 21,2012
I had often heard about Estate Agents not stepping up to the bar when it came to selling houses. Usually, the expectation was that the Agent would market the property sit back and wait for the commission.

When we first bought our house back in 2005, it was through Ashley and Peck and even then, they seemed like a proactive and professional Agency.

So, when we went to sell our Shared Ownership property and the Housing Association failed to find a buyer through the Housing Association, my wife and I thought we would market the property on the open market though Ashley and Peck.

To my surprise, they remembered the property and had the file from the previous sale. They took on the marketing and within a few weeks, we had a buyer.

But that's when our problems really started. Being a Shared Ownership, there are many pitfalls and Lease queries that need answering, couple that to an amateur Conveyancer (Legal Business in Brentwood) and what should have been a straight forward process became a real nightmare.

Many times throughout the process, we felt as though our sale would fall through, but things were kept together by some very, very diligent work from Mark Cahill at Ashley and Peck.

Firstly, we had regular updates, so we knew where we stood. Once the problems began, Ashley and Peck acted as intermediary between our buyer, his conveyancer ourselves and our conveyancer. Mark, alway knew the latest news, acted proactively and calmly. He advised us, even when we felt like we were close to the end of our tether in our various communications.

Perhaps our biggest surprise came when it seemed as though the sale was about to be kicked in to the long grass for a variation in the Lease. Mark to it upon himself to visit the buyers conveyancer in person. An act which was over and beyond our expectations and we feel, forced the buyers conveyancer to make a decision which allowed us to complete.

In summary, my wife and I feel that Ashley and Pecks' service, was excellent. We will always be grateful to Mark for his calm head, friendly manner and for acting over and above the call of duty to help us sell our house and move to our new home.

We would readily recommend them to anyone considering selling and if we ever find ourselves in the position of a move back to Brentwood, I can't think of any agent I'd rather deal with.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ashley & Peck Office 1! To leave a new review of Ashley & Peck Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ashley & Peck Office 1