Oct 05,2012
Oct 05,2012
Generally, I\'m very sceptical that estate agents support buyers, especially those with small budgets for a one-bed flat! But there were aspects of my experience with Paramount that were very positive. Firstly, Robert never showed me anything that I didn\'t actually consider buying - unlike the quantity-not-quality approach that Foxtons insist on (approx 20 out of 34 viewings were with Foxtons, but only two of those properties were viable). Conversely, if I registered interest in a property someone phoned me immediately, and when I had offers down I was kept up to date with regular updates whereas other smaller chains in that NW area were notoriously bad at getting back to me.

Paramount have a strange arrangement whereby you and the seller can make a commitment to not pulling out and forfeit an amount of cash if you do - I can see the point, as it stops gazumping and other bad behaviour, but neither the seller nor I felt comfortable signing up to it. However, Robert put me under absolutely no pressure to do so, which was nice. I felt supported through the offer process.

The thing that will always remain with me was the reception I got when I turned up at Paramount\'s West Hampstead office on the evening that I completed, to pick up a set of keys. I got presented with a bottle of Bollinger, and everyone in the office congratulated me in a way that felt very genuine, despite that fact that they must do it every day and my little flat is small fry. It was a nice touch, and is wrapped up in the memory I have of purchasing my very first flat by myself.

In short, yes I\'d use them again.

Write a review for Paramount Properties West Hampstead London