Jul 28,2012
Jul 28,2012
On Wednesday 25th July I booked a viewing of a property that was to let in Sunbury. I arranged a viewing for the Friday 27th. As no agent could show us the property after-hours, my wife and I made arrangements to leave work an hour early in order to travel to Sunbury (from Doking) in time for our 5pm appointment (Olympic cycling events made viewing the property on Saturday virtually impossible ). Unfortunately on Friday at 4:45, as we were driving into Sunbury after a 45min crawl along the M25 and M3, we received a call telling us that Jenna was no longer available to show us the flat and that we would need to reschedule. No excuse was given and no alternative offered - talk about short notice!! I said that as we were practically there would it be possible for anyone to show us the flat that evening (we were happy to hang around as late as was necessary). We were put on hold for a couple of minutes before being told that no one was available to do that. 45mins later we arrived back home having wasted over an hour and a half on what ended up being a pointless trip.

In my industry if I had stood up a client like that I can guarantee that they would never do business with me again. So I figured that if Townends treat me like this before they\'ve taken my money, how much worse will their service be once I\'m tied into a lease. Bottom line - I will not use Townends and would recommend that others to like-wise.
As this viewing was originally arranged to fit their availability, I would expect them to make more of an effort to accommodate us when they decided to cancel with 15mins notice. Even if it meant someone working 15mins overtime, it would have been nice to see them put in the effort to remedy a situation they caused. Their total lack of desire to go the extra inch is absolutely underwhelming.
By: Townends
Aug 02, 2012
I am very keen to resolve the issues you have highlighted in your recent posting. If your issue is a genuine one, then I would ask again that you make contact with us in order that we have a chance to investigate your issues further. Otherwise I would ask that you remove your negative post as our reputation is exceptionally important to us.

Kind Regards

Townends Estate Agents
By: Townends
Jul 30, 2012
I am really sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site and would like to apologise to you for the inconvenience and wasted time this has caused you. Having investigated this situation further I found that this was a case of human error and a diary mix up which was only discovered at the very last minute and we have now put a new ‘double check’ process in place to try and stop this happening again.

We wish you all the best in your upcoming move and if we can be of any assistance at all, please feel free to contact us.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch