Nov 20,2011
Nov 20,2011
They have left me with no hot water for more than 5 days, they got a plumber to fix it but it still didnt work. They then got an electrician, that fixed one problem and then created another because the hot water boost button didnt work. They keep passing the blame to redbrick properties for the issues to be sorted. Redbrick are passing the blame back to Linley and Simpson.

They have treated me with no respect and blocked my number from contacting them about other issues regarding my flat. They say they are always dealing with my request but it's weeks at a time before anything has been done.

I have been told by many members of staff including the manager, they have fixed the problem, which they haven't and they say they have done everything I requested. I haven't requested for the boost button to bypassed, which still isnt fixed, I need this for hot water on an evening as it is an economy 7 system which only runs between 3 am and 7am each morning. If I need hot water I have been told to boil a kettle which is just ridiculous as my electric bill is through the roof.
When I come home after a hard days work, I would like to relax in a nice hot bath, but because there is not hot water I am forced to have a shower which is not relaxing in the slightest.
The staff at this branch called me a liar, and another spoke over me on the phone when I am trying to voice my issues about the flat, I have been patient during these past few weeks and I still have no hot water on an evening.
Fix the problems!
By: Nick B
Nov 24, 2011
I am the manager of our Roundhay office and read with interest the comments above. I wish to add the following details to give a more balanced view of the facts in this case.

The property was let by our agency for the first time on 29/10/2011. As soon as the tenant reported a problem with the hot water system a contractor was instructed to attend the property, the fault was identified and a new electric immersion heater was fitted to the hot water tank. This did occur over a weekend which did lead to a small delay in the problem being rectified. The new heater was wired directly into the main boost switch by passing the economy 7 system. At the tenants request and just 24 hours later this was corrected. All work the work has been carried out by fully qualified contractors. Redbrick are the owners of the property and larger repairs over a certain value have to be passed by them to authorise. Hot water is available to the tenant all day.

Our staff have been nothing but courteous and polite during our dealings with the tenant. He has been rude and obnoxious throughout our contact with him and ended the last conversation we had by calling a colleague ' stupid ' and slamming the phone down mid conversation. We have never once called him a liar.

I have encouraged the tenant to put any grievances in writing to me as the branch manager but have to date received nothing from him. I have also spoken with Leeds Citizen Advice Bureau after the tenant raised his complaint with them. After further investigation they found we had acted correctly and done everything we could to resolve the issue.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Roundhay! To leave a new review of Linley and Simpson Roundhay, please click the link below !
Write a review for Linley and Simpson Roundhay