Oct 23,2011
Oct 23,2011
Appauling company - will never rent with Ryder and Dutton again. Reported problems with the house and when I left over a year later most of the problems had not even been addressed. At one point the drainage pipe outside the house was leaking raw sewage into the garden - I had to complain about 7 times over two weeks and threaten to get the council to the property for a safety inspection before they fixed the problem. When I moved in the washing machiene on the inventory was broken - ryder and dutton / landlord refused to replace this (despite it being on the inventory) then when I asked them to remove the washing machiene to I could buy a new one they tried to charge me £50 to remove it. They have no help desk available before 9.30 and the entire house flooded one morning at 6am and when I phoned ryder and dutton there was just a message saying to phone back at 9.30am. Really annoying as i'd been reporting the leaking pipe for approx 9months before it burst and flooded the house (my laptop got ruined and as I no longer had receipt I couldn't even claim for it on house insurance!) when the man came to fix the plumbing they asked him on the phone if I had exagerated the problem (He informed them I had not) Also the toilet stopped flushing I was heavily pregnant at the time and had to keep using the neighbours bathroom. It took them two weeks to fix this in the end I moved in with my sister as it was easier. I could easily list at least 10 more incidents like this wherby ryder and dutton did nothing until I threatened to get the council involved. In the end I just moved out because I felt like I was living in the third world rather than Glossop! Added to this I moved out 2 months ago and they have wrongly taken rent of me twice now and I am still waiting for a refund of £900. DO NOT RENT WITH RYDER AND DUTTON
By: jen
Oct 27, 2011
And as for the 900 pounds im still waiting for? Also forgot to add when I put notice in on the house I was inundated with phone calls from ryder and dutton asking me to show perspective new tennants around the house I explained on three occasions to three different agents I was working full time at the time, was in the middle of moving and 7 months pregnant and didn't have time to show people around - not to mention why should i? Theyre paid to do that and was asked to take a day off or do it in my free time.
By: Ryder & Dutton
Oct 26, 2011
We would only like to point out that we are the agents not the landlords. We cannot always get landlords to respond to our requests to be allowed to arrange repairs and we cannot do so without authority and certainly not if we do not hold any of the landlords monies to pay for the works. We do of course always do our best to sort out these issues quickly.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ryder & Dutton Glossop! To leave a new review of Ryder & Dutton Glossop, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ryder & Dutton Glossop