Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Terence Charles

Agent rating: 1.4 out of 5.0 based on 8 ratings. This website contains 7 user reviews of Terence Charles.

Filter Reviews

• 7 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Independent letting & management company specialising in rooms, flats and houses in N13, N14, N21, N9, N18 and surrounding areas. Personal service, competitive fees.

Terence Charles has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Terence Charles, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Sell or Rent your Property with ease

Customer Reviews

Page last updated on: 15-Apr-2014 11:59:45

1. A 1-star review by 'poster guy' 26/10/2013

N9
    Would you use the agent again? No

I have not been paid for 3 months and have been given no reason.
    The tenents deposit was NOT in a protected scheme although I paid for it

They never get back to your and READ your contract.

The clause in there says even if you take over tenancy, they will take a percentage of the money

They lettings is NOT a member of the property scheme, although

What could Terence Charles do to change your mind??

“answer the 6 letters posted, pay me my money, explain why edmonton county court through out the case.”

2. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'Unhappy and Annoyed (with Terence Charles)' 6/8/2012

Would you use the agent again? No

It's been four and a half months since I left the property I was renting and my deposit has still not been returned to me. I was told when I returned the keys that I would receive it. However, some time after I'd left the property I had still not received payment. When I phoned the agency they said a cheque had been sent to me. This would have to be cancelled and a new one sent. A couple of weeks later I did receive a cheque through the post. I paid it into my bank. A few weeks later the cheque was returned to me by my bank. It had been stopped by Terence Charles. When I called... (read more)

What could Terence Charles do to change your mind??

“Paid me my deposit four months ago.”

3. 2

A 4-star review by 'sunnybud' 6/12/2011

Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have been a tenant of terence charles for 4 years and they have always been polite and a pleaseure to deal with. My boiler stopped working twice in my time as a tenant and they had a corgi registered engineer out to me within the same day I reported the problem. Keep up the good work.

4. 4

A 1-star review by 'nathbadco' 25/9/2011

Would you use the agent again? No

terence charles do not pay the bills, fob off us (the tenants) and the utility companies with false information about a landlord that does not exist, the land registry shows they own the property, the electric and gas company have changed the meters for keyed meters, we cannot get the money back from terence charles when we top up, the water company will soon be entering to collect what is owed, i have seeked legal advice and they can take our posessions and belongings, i could come home one day to find my TV, Computer, etc, everything gone, Terence charles collect almost £1600 in rent a month from the property, they could easily pay the bills

What could Terence Charles do to change your mind??

“they lie, they put tenants at risk by not paying the utility bills, they do not care about the upkeep or maintenance of the property”

5. 6

A 1-star review by 'quitschooldontwork' 7/7/2011

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? No

my expereicne of dealing with TC has put me off renting property for a long time , The staff are the rudest most obnoxious ignorant and incompasionate i have ever had the displeaseure of being associated with . They are liars and thieves , there maintenac e team are rude and aggressive and have thrown MY OWN property around my flat in a fit of rage and then storming out refusing to carry out the work when asked to provide CORGI certificates when working on the boiler (i have been told by the council to not allow any one to work on my boiler unless they are CORGI reg.) (yes thats right i have... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (1) Feature This Review
  6. View All Comments (1)by nathbado  25/09/2011

i am a tenant in a flatshare, the agent is terence charles, they are un-co-operative, unwilling to deal with any problems around the flat, dont pay the bills, give the utility companies and us (the tenants) false information about the apparent landlord which none of us tenants have seen nor met, i searched the land registry and found that terence charles own the property, they are trying to fob off the utility companies, at the same time they are putting us (the tenants) at risk
  7. 3

A 1-star review by 'Stargirl' 27/4/2011

No Branch Selected
    Would you use the agent again? No

Really shoddy service, obnoxious staff, charged for work (twice) that did not get done, managers are as rude as the staff. Would avoid at all costs.

8. A 1-star review by 'I' 15/4/2011

70a Aldermans Hill
    Would you use the agent again? No

User 'I' rated Terence Charles but did not write a review.

9. 5

A 1-star review by 'The Equaliser' 3/2/2011

70a Aldermans Hill
    Would you use the agent again? No

As a managing agent Terence Charles (TC) are completely ineffective. They seem to work in their own interests and not those of the landlord, ie the person paying their monthly management fees. They are shoddy with their rental payment accounting and in fact most times are very, VERY late when passing the rent on to the landlord. My own experience is that out of 18 rental payments, they've been late 15 times, and I class late as over 7 days from the date they received the rent from the tenant. They held on to one rental payment for so long it was actually 67 days before they passed it through... (read more)

Sell or Rent your Property with ease