FREE Valuation

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Agent rating: 3.7 out of 5.0 based on 389 ratings. This website contains 387 user reviews of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward.

• Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 124 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward manages one of the largest residential property portfolios in Greater London, and has the resources, knowledge and expertise to ensure all properties and clients receive the same high standard of care and expertise.

Page last updated on: 21-May-2015 13:08:26

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 13)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

W6 0
    £1800
    Joe Holgate

Joe is a very good specialist in his occupation. He helped us to find nice property as we looking for. He accompanied us till we moved to it. Thanks him so much.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    128 Holland Park Avenue (Holland Park) (London) (Greater London)
    David Warren
    W11
    David Warren

David Warren was extremely helpful in our search for a rental property. Highly knowledgeable, keen to help and a very nice personality.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

£1350
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I've been a client of KFH - Canada Water for over 6 years. From the time I bought my first property to now been a landlord and tenant, I have always found the team at very professional.

They are a team who are very courteous, respectful and most important as a landlord, a well informed team. Would more than happy to recommend KFH Canada Water to any prospective clients looking to invest or move into the local area.

4. 1
    person found this

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    49 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    SW19
    Would you use the agent again? No

These guys are great until something goes wrong. Pretty much the same for every company, you can never tell how good they are until something goes wrong and you need them to sort something out.

I was in this position recently, a few things happened, none of them my fault, but there was nothing they could do about one situation. They have actually repaid me for a situation where something broke in the flat, and I paid for it, on the promise that I would be reimbursed. Which I was, after about 2 months.

The problem in all situations is that they just don't seem to care, they will fight you until the end, and even when they're proven wrong, there is no apology, and the tone doesn't lighten up, there's no Im sorry you had to go through that, but there's nothing we can do nothing like that, there's just avoidance or shifting of blame, and they make bad situations worse, by their child like refusal to accept responsibility, and their awful, disrespectful tone.

To be fair to them, one guy, and a woman called Natasha, were nice on the phone, but they couldn't do anything.

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“You could actually be nice, and if things are your fault, do what you can to make it better, not grudgingly do the minimum.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

SE19
    £3150
    Jack Iveson

Jack is obviously very busy (perhaps because he's so good) but despite this kept me up to date either verbally or via email on progress. In the end the paperwork was not ready to sign until 2 days before we moved in (due to delays from all parties) but I had full faith that everything was in had and was not worired.

I would recommend Jack to anyone. I was pleased with the process overall.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

W6
    Joe Holgate

If you are looking at the catalog of properties in the Hammersmith area, ask for Joe.

Having organised a viewing the first day we arrived in London, and armed with a challenging time schedule to get somewhere organised, Joe took the pain out of our day. He started by listening to what we want, explaining things in clear and simple terms about how the London rental market works, and we ended up paying a holding deposit at the end of the day.

Joe is a v. funny guy, and offers a decency and integrity to the whole process that we have never experienced with other agents.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Samantha Richardson

Our experience of dealing with KFH was extremely positive from the beginning of our search, right up to moving in. Our letting agent, Sam, negotiated really well on our behalf, getting us a deal that was definitely good for all parties. She was also very easy to get hold of when needed, and all information and transactions were handled very clearly and quickly. Would highly recommend both Sam and KFH; it's definitely the best experience I have had of dealing with a letting agent so far.

Comments on the Agents fees

“AGENTS FEES SEEMED TO BE IN LINE WITH ANY OTHERS I HAVE COME ACROSS. THEY WERE ALSO CLEARLY DETAILED AND EXPLAINED DURING THE PAYMENT PROCESS. THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY HIDDEN, UNEXPLAINED OR SURPRISE FEES EITHER, WHICH I KNOW CAN BE THE CASE WITH SOME AGENTS.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 High Street (Bromley) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    BR1
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely terrible service would not recommend them to anyone, not even my worst enemy. My mother (who is recently widowed and in her late 60's) was downsizing. She had put in an offer on a house that had been accepted in writing, after not hearing anything for a couple of months she went in to the branch this morning to ask what was happening. She was told that they had sold the house to somebody else and have already ccompleted. No apologies, no phone call, nothing, nothing was said until she went into the office in person. If she hadn't gone into the office she would still think the house was hers and that the chain was incomplete.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£1690
    Joe Holgate

I cannot recommend Joe as an agent enough. Unfortunately, as we all know, agents have been given a terrible reputation for being pushy and thinking solely about targets over people - this can never, ever will work when selling/letting something as personal and important as a property.

Joe was our friend from the start, like someone you meet through a friend at a party and click with instantly. He listened to everything we said (phew, as 5 other agencies didn't). He showed us exactly what we were both looking for, not one, but two, spot on properties.

The only complaint was how hard it was to chose between the two bit Joe put up with a ridiculous amount of girly messages from us! He helped us feel totally confident and at ease and got back to us immediately.

I work in the luxury jewellery industry and customer service is very important to me - Joe - you nailed it.

I would recommend this company for it's great property selection and fantastic staff to any of my friends and family, with pleasure.

We're so excited about our flat - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

SE20
    £1050
    Jack Iveson

Was a very nice and smooth process. The agent was very good at selling the place to us, where other agents I've dealt with have not tried to sell the place they showing to me. Was very clear at explaining the costs and my options in securing the property. Kept us up-to-date with any news regarding the property. Would be happy to work with KFH and the Jack again as he was very helpful at making sure I knew what was happening in regards to the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 4 -star review by ''

W14
    Joe Holgate

Joe was a pleasure to deal with; he gave us good advice and guidance, was always prompt and efficient when responding to queries, and he just made the whole experience much less stressful. I would recommend KFH, but Joe in particular, to friends and family.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Station Building Station Approach Rayness Park (London) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Vendor)
    Steward Fisher, Emily Owen-Smith
    SM4
    Sold Price
    £629950
    Steward FisherEmily Owen-Smith

As an individual who is highly experienced in the property market, it's hard to hand over the sale of your propery to any agent.

Whilst the service I received wasn't 100% flawless, we live in the real world and on that basis KFH were difficult to fault.

I was always well informed and reassured that they were doing their best to secure my sale. As a whole I was highly impressed by their service.

Having experienced particularly poor service from Hawes and Co, Raynes Park, on my onward purchase, it only made me more impressed by the professionalism of KFH. Even my buyers were highly impressed!

Thanks Stewart and Emily for your hard work.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick
    SE19
    £1100
    Coralie Quick

I believe Coralie was very helpful in helping us choose our flat to move into. When I asked for a second viewing, she even brought a tape measure to help me measure the rooms for furniture that I had. She has also been very helpful in liaising with the landlord for any questions that I had and was always prompt at responding to my questions. Very good service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Joe Holgate

Joe was an absolute pleasure to deal with, he accompanied me to all viewings, gave detailed and prompt feedback. He was very easy to communicate with, friendly and knowledgable. His correspondence via email and over the phone was professional and prompt and he always stuck to deadlines. During the negotiation faze I received continuous updates from Joe and good clear advice. I would recommend Joe Holgate and Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward as a very well represented Estate Agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Englands Lane (Belsize Park) (London) (Greater London)
    Kasim Genc
    NW3
    £1500
    Kasim Genc

The service at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward on Englands Lane and especially from Kasim Genc has been excellent.
    Kasim was very efficient as he organised 3 viewings on the same evening, so I could make the best use of time. He was also very flexible and agreed to meet fairly late in the day. The properties he showed me were all nice and in line with what I was looking for. During the discussion phase with the landlord, Kasim was very diligent and the agreement was made quickly. Everything that was agreed was delivered. Kasim was also very helpful in helping me navigate the administrative process. Overall an excellent experience with a very professional agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    58 Highgate High Street (Highgate) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Dillen Ven, Chiswick Chiswick
    N19
    Sold Price
    £480000
    Dillen VenChiswick Chiswick

We looked at one property with Dillen after a few months of searching and it wasn't right for us but in talking to Dillen as we were walking around he seemed to think he knew a property that would be right for us - the next day we viewed the property and he was right and we had a bid accepted within 48 hours. His approach was the right balance between being informative without trying to over-sell the property. The mortgage process was up and down as we had to go back and forth with the owners and Dillen was very proactive in trying to move things along for us as we were in a rush to exchange and complete.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Toby Gooding
    SE20
    Coralie QuickToby Gooding

Service has been friendly and efficient. We do not live in the area so were looking for a full management service and we needed visits etc. to fit in with our availability. The valuation visit was arranged soon after an initial phone call at a time to suit us. The valuer (Coralie Quick) seemed well-informed about the development and had relevant knowledge and experience of other properties in it. Her rental rate proposal was in line with our expectations and the documentation provided was comprehensive. This was in contract to another agent we had considered who had difficulty finding the property and turned up half an hour late. A suitable tenant (choice from 3) was identified within a week of instruction and the contract concluded rapidly at the target rental price - aided by the electronic signature facility. Help was also available form KFH to put certain things in place, such as the Gas Safety Certification. So far, very pleased with the service and would recommend to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 1 -star review by ''

Cr0
    £730
    Would you use the agent again? No

After viewing a property on-line I phoned up for a viewing, which she didn't bother to turn up for, but was shown, by the current tenant, which wasn't a problem for me..
    Upon seeing the flat immediately called the agent I was dealing with, and asked what's the requirement as I liked the flat.. Referencing and credit checked was mentioned, which I went on the state what's on my credit file..
    I was then told she would speak to the landlord, which was later confirmed was willing to go ahead with the checks..
    I was told if I didn't passed the credit check my money would be refunded back to... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“IF I WAS GIVEN THE REQUIREMENT FROM BEGINNING, WOULDN\'T HAVE GONE AHEAD WITH THE TENACY, THOUGHT I WAS PAYING ONLY £45 PLUS VAT, FOR REFERENCING, AS I THINK AGENCY FEES IS A RIP OFF..”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Jack Iveson
    Se20
    £995
    Coralie QuickJack Iveson

Hello,

I felt both Coralie and Jack was very Helpful towards my property search their positive, refreshing and honest approach was amazing to see. It was the sort of no BS we and no doubt many others will appreciate.

Many thanks to you guys

Regards

Adrian

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE FINE HOWEVER THE RENT IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I WANTED TO PAY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Jack Iveson

Many thanks to you guys

Regards

Adrian

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE FINE HOWEVER THE RENT IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I WANTED TO PAY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Samantha Richardson

We were passed to KFH in Surrey Quays from their branch in London Bridge when we saw this property on their database. Sam got in touch very quickly and continued to communicate excellently, negotiating a great rate with our new landlords and keeping us constantly updated.

The whole process has been quick and very easy, with digital contracts, affordable fees and so on. Would definitely use this agent again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

SE23
    £825
    Jack Iveson

I am very pleased with my experience with KFH so far.

The agent I have dealt with, Jack Iveson from the Crystal Palace branch, has been extremely professional, helpful, and very pleasant to deal with. I have felt involved and kept up-to-date regarding all proceedings, and everything has been explained to me fully leaving no room for ambiguity - which is very important when large sums of money are being handed over!

Jack has ensured that entire process has been smooth for me so far, and I feel reassured that it will continue to be so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

SE26
    £1150
    Jack Iveson

I had a very positive experience with Jack. He was polite and professional and answered all my questions fully and promtly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

SE6
    £1050
    Jack Iveson

Jack has been very helpful throughout the whole process, from viewing to signing.
    All questions about the property and tenancy were dealt with accurately and promptly, and negotiations were fair and straightforward.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPARED TO OTHER ESTATE AGENTS WE DEALT WITH, THE FEES AT KFH ARE TRANSPARENT AND REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

£2000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Very diligent and good feedback. Worked hard to find good quality applicants and made sure lettings were completed quickly and without too much fuss.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    767-769 High Road (North Finchley) (London) (Greater London)
    Nick Kyriacou
    No postcode selected.
    Nick Kyriacou

We would like to take the opportunity to pass on our praise for the staff
    at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward in Finchley branch and in particular
    the Lettings Negotiator Nick Kyriacou.
    Nick was extremely helpful and professional in his dealings,
    we even had a viewing on the same day as registering with the agency.
    We were in contact with several estate agencies in the area, but, we did not
    feel that any of the other agencies seemed committed enough to handle
    finding the property for us. From the first point of contact we felt very confident
    that everything possible would be done to achieve a positive outcome.
    Nick is a real asset to your company and we would have no hesitation in recommending him.
    Many Thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

W14
    £340
    Joe Holgate

I had 5 days to find an apartment in London and Joe was extremely helpful and flexible with my tight schedule. He met me at the office and drove me to multiple apartments all meeting my specifications. Negotiations were fair and paperwork was quick and easy. The fees were discussed early and were clearly set out. Joe was friendly and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

w6ot
    £1
    Joe Holgate

the whole team esp joe always rang back and insured that the rental of my property went very smoothly.......... i would def use him and kfh again....................................................................................................................................................

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Mandeep , Joe Holgate
    W3
    £997
    Mandeep Joe Holgate

I have been using KFH 2012 and have been very satisfied with the way that Mandeep and Joe have helped to find suitable tenants for my rental property, efficiently dealing with any matters that have arisen concerning the tenancy.
    I would highly recommend them for the friendly, professional service that they provide.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Joe Holgate, Mandeep
    w6
    £2800
    Joe HolgateMandeep

The KFH team in Hammersmith, in particular Joe and Mandeep, have been extremely helpful and diligent during my property search. They matched my requirements from the start and have showed me a number of serious options. Definitely no pushy, always available and helpful in working things out with the landlord. Highly recommended!