Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 377 ratings. This website contains 375 user reviews of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward.

Offices / Branches

• 122 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward manages one of the largest residential property portfolios in Greater London, and has the resources, knowledge and expertise to ensure all properties and clients receive the same high standard of care and expertise.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 26-Mar-2015 14:17:06

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 13)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick
    SE19
    £1100
    Coralie Quick

I believe Coralie was very helpful in helping us choose our flat to move into. When I asked for a second viewing, she even brought a tape measure to help me measure the rooms for furniture that I had. She has also been very helpful in liaising with the landlord for any questions that I had and was always prompt at responding to my questions. Very good service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

W12
    Joe Holgate

Joe was an absolute pleasure to deal with, he accompanied me to all viewings, gave detailed and prompt feedback. He was very easy to communicate with, friendly and knowledgable. His correspondence via email and over the phone was professional and prompt and he always stuck to deadlines. During the negotiation faze I received continuous updates from Joe and good clear advice. I would recommend Joe Holgate and Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward as a very well represented Estate Agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Englands Lane (Belsize Park) (London) (Greater London)
    Kasim Genc
    NW3
    £1500
    Kasim Genc

The service at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward on Englands Lane and especially from Kasim Genc has been excellent.
    Kasim was very efficient as he organised 3 viewings on the same evening, so I could make the best use of time. He was also very flexible and agreed to meet fairly late in the day. The properties he showed me were all nice and in line with what I was looking for. During the discussion phase with the landlord, Kasim was very diligent and the agreement was made quickly. Everything that was agreed was delivered. Kasim was also very helpful in helping me navigate the administrative process. Overall an excellent experience with a very professional agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    58 Highgate High Street (Highgate) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    Dillen Ven, Chiswick Chiswick
    N19
    £480000
    Dillen VenChiswick Chiswick

We looked at one property with Dillen after a few months of searching and it wasn't right for us but in talking to Dillen as we were walking around he seemed to think he knew a property that would be right for us - the next day we viewed the property and he was right and we had a bid accepted within 48 hours. His approach was the right balance between being informative without trying to over-sell the property. The mortgage process was up and down as we had to go back and forth with the owners and Dillen was very proactive in trying to move things along for us as we were in a rush to exchange and complete.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Toby Gooding
    SE20
    £1400
    Coralie QuickToby Gooding

Service has been friendly and efficient. We do not live in the area so were looking for a full management service and we needed visits etc. to fit in with our availability. The valuation visit was arranged soon after an initial phone call at a time to suit us. The valuer (Coralie Quick) seemed well-informed about the development and had relevant knowledge and experience of other properties in it. Her rental rate proposal was in line with our expectations and the documentation provided was comprehensive. This was in contract to another agent we had considered who had difficulty finding the property and turned up half an hour late. A suitable tenant (choice from 3) was identified within a week of instruction and the contract concluded rapidly at the target rental price - aided by the electronic signature facility. Help was also available form KFH to put certain things in place, such as the Gas Safety Certification. So far, very pleased with the service and would recommend to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

Cr0
    £730
    Upload a reviwer profile image

After viewing a property on-line I phoned up for a viewing, which she didn't bother to turn up for, but was shown, by the current tenant, which wasn't a problem for me..
    Upon seeing the flat immediately called the agent I was dealing with, and asked what's the requirement as I liked the flat.. Referencing and credit checked was mentioned, which I went on the state what's on my credit file..
    I was then told she would speak to the landlord, which was later confirmed was willing to go ahead with the checks..
    I was told if I didn't passed the credit check my money would be refunded back to... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“IF I WAS GIVEN THE REQUIREMENT FROM BEGINNING, WOULDN\'T HAVE GONE AHEAD WITH THE TENACY, THOUGHT I WAS PAYING ONLY £45 PLUS VAT, FOR REFERENCING, AS I THINK AGENCY FEES IS A RIP OFF..”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Jack Iveson
    Se20
    £995
    Coralie QuickJack Iveson

Hello,

I felt both Coralie and Jack was very Helpful towards my property search their positive, refreshing and honest approach was amazing to see. It was the sort of no BS we and no doubt many others will appreciate.

Many thanks to you guys

Regards

Adrian

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE FINE HOWEVER THE RENT IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I WANTED TO PAY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Coralie Quick, Jack Iveson

Many thanks to you guys

Regards

Adrian

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE FINE HOWEVER THE RENT IS SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN I WANTED TO PAY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Redriff Road (Rotherhithe) (London) (Greater London)
    SE16
    Samantha Richardson

We were passed to KFH in Surrey Quays from their branch in London Bridge when we saw this property on their database. Sam got in touch very quickly and continued to communicate excellently, negotiating a great rate with our new landlords and keeping us constantly updated.

The whole process has been quick and very easy, with digital contracts, affordable fees and so on. Would definitely use this agent again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

SE23
    £825
    Jack Iveson

I am very pleased with my experience with KFH so far.

The agent I have dealt with, Jack Iveson from the Crystal Palace branch, has been extremely professional, helpful, and very pleasant to deal with. I have felt involved and kept up-to-date regarding all proceedings, and everything has been explained to me fully leaving no room for ambiguity - which is very important when large sums of money are being handed over!

Jack has ensured that entire process has been smooth for me so far, and I feel reassured that it will continue to be so.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

SE26
    £1150
    Jack Iveson

I had a very positive experience with Jack. He was polite and professional and answered all my questions fully and promtly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 5 -star review by ''

SE6
    £1050
    Jack Iveson

Jack has been very helpful throughout the whole process, from viewing to signing.
    All questions about the property and tenancy were dealt with accurately and promptly, and negotiations were fair and straightforward.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPARED TO OTHER ESTATE AGENTS WE DEALT WITH, THE FEES AT KFH ARE TRANSPARENT AND REASONABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

W12
    £2000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very diligent and good feedback. Worked hard to find good quality applicants and made sure lettings were completed quickly and without too much fuss.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Nick Kyriacou
    No postcode selected.
    Nick Kyriacou

We would like to take the opportunity to pass on our praise for the staff
    at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward in Finchley branch and in particular
    the Lettings Negotiator Nick Kyriacou.
    Nick was extremely helpful and professional in his dealings,
    we even had a viewing on the same day as registering with the agency.
    We were in contact with several estate agencies in the area, but, we did not
    feel that any of the other agencies seemed committed enough to handle
    finding the property for us. From the first point of contact we felt very confident
    that everything possible would be done to achieve a positive outcome.
    Nick is a real asset to your company and we would have no hesitation in recommending him.
    Many Thanks

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

W14
    £340
    Joe Holgate

I had 5 days to find an apartment in London and Joe was extremely helpful and flexible with my tight schedule. He met me at the office and drove me to multiple apartments all meeting my specifications. Negotiations were fair and paperwork was quick and easy. The fees were discussed early and were clearly set out. Joe was friendly and professional.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

w6ot
    £1
    Joe Holgate

the whole team esp joe always rang back and insured that the rental of my property went very smoothly.......... i would def use him and kfh again....................................................................................................................................................

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Mandeep , Joe Holgate
    W3
    £997
    Mandeep Joe Holgate

I have been using KFH 2012 and have been very satisfied with the way that Mandeep and Joe have helped to find suitable tenants for my rental property, efficiently dealing with any matters that have arisen concerning the tenancy.
    I would highly recommend them for the friendly, professional service that they provide.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Joe Holgate, Mandeep
    w6
    £2800
    Joe HolgateMandeep

The KFH team in Hammersmith, in particular Joe and Mandeep, have been extremely helpful and diligent during my property search. They matched my requirements from the start and have showed me a number of serious options. Definitely no pushy, always available and helpful in working things out with the landlord. Highly recommended!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    38 Englands Lane (Belsize Park) (London) (Greater London)
    Karim Gene
    NW3
    Karim Gene

We had a positive experience searching for a property with Kasim Genc. Kasim is a patient, professional agent who listened to our requirements and showed us properties that met those requirements. He provided detailed, accurate information on the process of renting and worked hard to ensure we had a signed contract quickly. He continues to be helpful and responsive. I would recommend Kasim to anyone who wants to minimise the stress and hassle of moving.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 Lower Richmond Road (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (as a Buyer)
    w6
    £900000

Appalling.
    Very arrogant agent. Couldn't give us an answer to any enquiries we made regarding the property we were interested to buy, to a point where he actually made us feel bad for asking any more questions.
    Called us continuously at work, putting pressure on us to put in offers that very same day.
    Shocking really.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

SE16
    £1615
    Samantha Richardson

My husband and I dealt almost exclusively with Sam Richardson during the process of securing a property to rent. We moved in a few days ago, and except for the inventory report all other aspects of the new tenancy have now been completed. At all times we found Sam to be courteous, friendly, patient, helpful and efficient. We really appreciated that all documentation could be completed online via scanning, emails and the KFH Agreement Express digital contract signing. Although their office was not far from where we lived, it still made things much easier. We found the whole process from viewing to completion of paperwork to inventory check-in very smooth, and would recommend the KFH Surrey Quays office (see note about fees below, however).

Comments on the Agents fees

“KFH ARE NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE AGENCY THAT WE FOUND IN TERMS OF TENANCY FEES CHARGED, BUT I STILL FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE HIGH AND I STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW AGENCIES IN GENERAL JUSTIFY THIS. HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE FEES, THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT. FEES WERE: INVENTORY CHECK-IN £130, REFERENCING £54PP, TENANCY AGREEMENT £210 (ALL VAT INCLUSIVE).”

24. 1

Branch:
    206 Muswell Hill (Muswell Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    N10
    £1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used KFH to let my property when I went to take up a job abroad at short notice. The service was appalling. They failed to perform almost all of their obligations under the contract. I took them to court an obtained a judgment and costs against them. The judge agreed that the service was

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE ASTRONOMICAL. I HAD TO PAY 20 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, WITH A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY, EVEN THOUGH THE CONTRACT WAS LATER VALIDLY TERMINATED DUE TO THEIR POOR SERVICE.”

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“The fees were astronomical. I had to pay 20 months in advance, with a strict no refund policy, even though the contract was later validly terminated due to their poor service.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Jakub Orna, Vishal Pattni
    N11
    £1800
    Jakub OrnaVishal Pattni

Hi we recently purchased a property where KF & H helped us find tenants who are absolutely wonderful family.
    Jacub and Vishal are very professional and efficient and very polite.
    I found them extremely helpful and would recommend them to KF & H anytime.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENTS FEES IS LITTLE EXPENSIVE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Vishal Pattni
    N11
    £1850
    Vishal Pattni

Vishal,

You have been exceptional throughout our ventures of finding a property!
    We were not a simple case, first we were out of the country, you are a lot more helpful than many others.
    Thereafter, you understood our requirements very quickly and did not waste our time with any property that was on your book for rent.
    Also, this current property, you did not advertise externally and gave us the chance to view and be the early birds in light of our predicament!
    Lastly, you were exceptional in negotiations!! You ensured that you meet both the Landlords and our requirements and demands and I believe you handled this task very well!! This coupled by your commitment to ensure this contract is signed whilst you are around shows you commitment to client service as obviously this is not a straight forward contract.

Therefore, in light of the above, I be more than happy to give you a glowing reference for your exceptional work and hard work.

Kind regards
    Khayyam

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Compton Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Olivia was extremely professional at all times, in my dealings with her. Her communications were clear and concise. Olivia also handled all queries / issues, etc. very promptly. Overall, it was a real pleasure to work with Olivia - and I felt very confident that my property was being well looked after!

28. 1

Branch:
    1 Station Approach (Lee) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Sw6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Save your time and money do not use KFH lack of professionalism mocking the buyer, lack of communication with viewing. Does it really take 4days to reply back to emails?

I don't want any involvement with this agent they clearly do not need the sales and play game. It's clearly to thereby up to Xmas they just don't want to work.

29. 1

Branch:
    108 Northcote Road (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    SW11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolute joke- completely unresponsive/ unreliable & untrustworthy. Arranged a viewing with one agent on a Saturday morning who assured us that he would call us on Saturday morning to confirm. Gets to an hour before viewing & no call. We call back to be told that we are not on the system. Can we book for Saturday (when my boyfriend calls) - no we have no one to show you around. Can we book (when I call), sorry we haven't got access to the flat as the owner has not dropped off the keys so we can't get access and have had to cancel weekend viewings- but we can call you back if he does. No call. Call again on Monday (as would like to have somewhere to live) someone else tells me that the flat has now been let because of a weekend viewing. Then when I pointed out what I had been told over the weekend, get a stuttering excuse as to owners coming in and dropping off the keys in the afternoon etc etc. To cut a long story short - incompetent, unprofessional & (I would guess) story tellers. Waste of my time & they have no idea about customer service.

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“Learn some customer service skills”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Ronnie Thorne
    N12
    £999950
    Ronnie Thorne

It has been a couple of week now since I completed on the sale of my House, however I just wish to express how pleased I am with the service I received and my delight with the outstanding work ethic of Ronnie Thorne!!!

He has been exemplary throughout the selling process although there were issues Ronnie kept me completely informed and dare I say, prevented me from cancelling my house sale.

Due to his care and attention it did not take away my excitement and joy when I finally completed on the sale of my house.

I very much hope your company realise what an asset you have in Ronnie. His level of customer service is sadly becoming a thing of the past!

Kind regards
    Samira Kasbi.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Sales (as a Vendor)
    Ronnie Thorne, Adam Tahir
    N12
    £625000
    Ronnie ThorneAdam Tahir

My aunt Kit, my mum Pat, sister Sandra, and I, would like to thank all, and particularly Ronnie Thorne and Adam Tahir, at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, North Finchley Branch, who were involved in the sale of our uncle and aunt's house in Mayfield Avenue, from the initial valuation to the completion last Friday.

We found your expertise, liaison and care of the highest quality throughout the whole process and we would highly recommend you to anyone who wished to sell or buy their home through KFH. We were also most impressed by the photographs and details brochure created to advertise the sale.

We have had a lovely message from our buyers who moved into the house last Friday night, that they are looking forward to returning No 18 to the beautiful home it once was, in keeping with the spirit of our uncle and aunt.

You all smoothed and treated so sensitively what was a bit of a sentimental journey for us, with care issues and travelling distance adding to our difficulties.

With best regards,

Pat, Sandra and Kathy

32. 2
    people found this

Branch:
    107-109 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    SE23
    £2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Take the 'nots' out of the letting-manager's (Shoe-Horn P) smarm and the truth is plain to see, as liars often spell out the truth when they deny something in this way: "WE DO (not) TRY TO SHOE-HORN THE TYPE OF TENANTS INTO A PROPERTY WHICH WE KNOW THE OWNER IS NOT KEEN ON BY CONCEALING INFORMATION JUST TO PUSH A DEAL THROUGH. THAT IS JUST (not) HOW WE WORK "

What Happened:
    I emphasised from the start to KFH East Dulwich that one of the solid requirements we had was that the property NOT be let to people likely to be noisy at night - over young people, and obviously those... (read more)

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest, told us about the change in tenants and the tenants\' night work and ages. Instead they kept their eyes only on the money, creating a huge painful drama for several people, for which they deny any responsibility. Truly disgusting; perhaps illegal, certainly totally immoral.”