Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Agent rating: 3.6 out of 5.0 based on 360 ratings. This website contains 358 user reviews of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward.

Offices / Branches

• 121 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward manages one of the largest residential property portfolios in Greater London, and has the resources, knowledge and expertise to ensure all properties and clients receive the same high standard of care and expertise.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 12)

Page last updated on: 31-Jan-2015 00:44:49

1. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    180 King Street (Hammersmith) (London) (Greater London)
    Joe Holgate, Mandeep
    w6
    £2800

Joe HolgateMandeep

The KFH team in Hammersmith, in particular Joe and Mandeep, have been extremely helpful and diligent during my property search. They matched my requirements from the start and have showed me a number of serious options. Definitely no pushy, always available and helpful in working things out with the landlord. Highly recommended!

Branch:
    38 England's Lane (Belsize Park) (London) (Greater London)
    Karim Gene
    NW3

Karim Gene

We had a positive experience searching for a property with Kasim Genc. Kasim is a patient, professional agent who listened to our requirements and showed us properties that met those requirements. He provided detailed, accurate information on the process of renting and worked hard to ensure we had a signed contract quickly. He continues to be helpful and responsive. I would recommend Kasim to anyone who wants to minimise the stress and hassle of moving.

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    81-83 Lower Richmond Road (Putney) (London) (Greater London)
    w6
    £900000

Appalling.
    Very arrogant agent. Couldn't give us an answer to any enquiries we made regarding the property we were interested to buy, to a point where he actually made us feel bad for asking any more questions.
    Called us continuously at work, putting pressure on us to put in offers that very same day.
    Shocking really.

4. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Redriff Road (Rotherhithe) (London) (Greater London)
    Samantha Richardson
    SE16
    £1615

Samantha Richardson

My husband and I dealt almost exclusively with Sam Richardson during the process of securing a property to rent. We moved in a few days ago, and except for the inventory report all other aspects of the new tenancy have now been completed. At all times we found Sam to be courteous, friendly, patient, helpful and efficient. We really appreciated that all documentation could be completed online via scanning, emails and the KFH Agreement Express digital contract signing. Although their office was not far from where we lived, it still made things much easier. We found the whole process from viewing to completion of paperwork to inventory check-in very smooth, and would recommend the KFH Surrey Quays office (see note about fees below, however).

Comments on the Agents fees

“KFH ARE NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE AGENCY THAT WE FOUND IN TERMS OF TENANCY FEES CHARGED, BUT I STILL FEEL THAT THE FEES WERE HIGH AND I STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW AGENCIES IN GENERAL JUSTIFY THIS. HOWEVER, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE FEES, THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT. FEES WERE: INVENTORY CHECK-IN £130, REFERENCING £54PP, TENANCY AGREEMENT £210 (ALL VAT INCLUSIVE).”

5. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    206 Muswell Hill (Muswell Hill) (London) (Greater London)
    N10
    £1300
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I used KFH to let my property when I went to take up a job abroad at short notice. The service was appalling. They failed to perform almost all of their obligations under the contract. I took them to court an obtained a judgment and costs against them. The judge agreed that the service was

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE ASTRONOMICAL. I HAD TO PAY 20 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, WITH A STRICT NO REFUND POLICY, EVEN THOUGH THE CONTRACT WAS LATER VALIDLY TERMINATED DUE TO THEIR POOR SERVICE.”

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“The fees were astronomical. I had to pay 20 months in advance, with a strict no refund policy, even though the contract was later validly terminated due to their poor service.”

6. A 5-star review by ''

Jakub Orna, Vishal Pattni
    £1800

Jakub OrnaVishal Pattni

Hi we recently purchased a property where KF & H helped us find tenants who are absolutely wonderful family.
    Jacub and Vishal are very professional and efficient and very polite.
    I found them extremely helpful and would recommend them to KF & H anytime.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENTS FEES IS LITTLE EXPENSIVE”

£1850

Vishal,

You have been exceptional throughout our ventures of finding a property!
    We were not a simple case, first we were out of the country, you are a lot more helpful than many others.
    Thereafter, you understood our requirements very quickly and did not waste our time with any property that was on your book for rent.
    Also, this current property, you did not advertise externally and gave us the chance to view and be the early birds in light of our predicament!
    Lastly, you were exceptional in negotiations!! You ensured that you meet both the Landlords and our requirements and demands and I believe you handled this task very well!! This coupled by your commitment to ensure this contract is signed whilst you are around shows you commitment to client service as obviously this is not a straight forward contract.

Therefore, in light of the above, I be more than happy to give you a glowing reference for your exceptional work and hard work.

Kind regards
    Khayyam

Branch:
    5 Compton Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Olivia was extremely professional at all times, in my dealings with her. Her communications were clear and concise. Olivia also handled all queries / issues, etc. very promptly. Overall, it was a real pleasure to work with Olivia - and I felt very confident that my property was being well looked after!

9. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Station Approach (Lee) (London) (Greater London)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    Sw6
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Save your time and money do not use KFH lack of professionalism mocking the buyer, lack of communication with viewing. Does it really take 4days to reply back to emails?

I don't want any involvement with this agent they clearly do not need the sales and play game. It's clearly to thereby up to Xmas they just don't want to work.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    108 Northcote Road (Battersea) (London) (Greater London)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    SW11
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolute joke- completely unresponsive/ unreliable & untrustworthy. Arranged a viewing with one agent on a Saturday morning who assured us that he would call us on Saturday morning to confirm. Gets to an hour before viewing & no call. We call back to be told that we are not on the system. Can we book for Saturday (when my boyfriend calls) - no we have no one to show you around. Can we book (when I call), sorry we haven't got access to the flat as the owner has not dropped off the keys so we can't get access and have had to cancel weekend viewings- but we can call you back if he does. No call. Call again on Monday (as would like to have somewhere to live) someone else tells me that the flat has now been let because of a weekend viewing. Then when I pointed out what I had been told over the weekend, get a stuttering excuse as to owners coming in and dropping off the keys in the afternoon etc etc. To cut a long story short - incompetent, unprofessional & (I would guess) story tellers. Waste of my time & they have no idea about customer service.

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“Learn some customer service skills”

1. A 5-star review by ''

Ronnie Thorne, Adam Tahir
    £625000

Ronnie ThorneAdam Tahir

My aunt Kit, my mum Pat, sister Sandra, and I, would like to thank all, and particularly Ronnie Thorne and Adam Tahir, at Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, North Finchley Branch, who were involved in the sale of our uncle and aunt’s house in Mayfield Avenue, from the initial valuation to the completion last Friday.

We found your expertise, liaison and care of the highest quality throughout the whole process and we would highly recommend you to anyone who wished to sell or buy their home through KFH. We were also most impressed by the photographs and details brochure created to advertise the sale.

We have had a lovely message from our buyers who moved into the house last Friday night, that they are looking forward to returning No 18 to the beautiful home it once was, in keeping with the spirit of our uncle and aunt.

You all smoothed and treated so sensitively what was a bit of a sentimental journey for us, with care issues and travelling distance adding to our difficulties.

With best regards,

Pat, Sandra and Kathy

£999950

Ronnie Thorne

It has been a couple of week now since I completed on the sale of my House, however I just wish to express how pleased I am with the service I received and my delight with the outstanding work ethic of Ronnie Thorne!!!

He has been exemplary throughout the selling process although there were issues Ronnie kept me completely informed and dare I say, prevented me from cancelling my house sale.

Due to his care and attention it did not take away my excitement and joy when I finally completed on the sale of my house.

I very much hope your company realise what an asset you have in Ronnie. His level of customer service is sadly becoming a thing of the past!

Kind regards
    Samira Kasbi.

3. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    107-109 Lordship Lane (Dulwich) (London) (Greater London)
    SE23
    £2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Take the 'nots' out of the letting-manager's (Shoe-Horn P) smarm and the truth is plain to see, as liars often spell out the truth when they deny something in this way: "WE DO (not) TRY TO SHOE-HORN THE TYPE OF TENANTS INTO A PROPERTY WHICH WE KNOW THE OWNER IS NOT KEEN ON BY CONCEALING INFORMATION JUST TO PUSH A DEAL THROUGH. THAT IS JUST (not) HOW WE WORK "

What Happened:
    I emphasised from the start to KFH East Dulwich that one of the solid requirements we had was that the property NOT be let to people likely to be noisy at night - over young people, and obviously those... (read more)

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“They could have been honest, told us about the change in tenants and the tenants\' night work and ages. Instead they kept their eyes only on the money, creating a huge painful drama for several people, for which they deny any responsibility. Truly disgusting; perhaps illegal, certainly totally immoral.”

4. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    55-59 Fife Road (Kingston upon Thames) (Greater London)
    Lauren Mansell
    KT2
    £1350

Lauren Mansell

Thanks to Lauren the change of tenancy went very smoothly. Only 20 days from the time I received the previous tenant's unexpected notice to the new one checking-in. The negotiations were above what I expected and she arranged a meeting between the new tenant and myself. Lauren was very professional and a pleasure to deal with. She genuinely cared to get the right tenant for me.

5. A 5-star review by ''

Vishal Pattni, Dana Rapciuga
    £1700

Vishal PattniDana Rapciuga

Hi Vishal,

A big thanks for your help in renting my property.

Both you and Dana provided a very professional service. Particularly in the face of a difficult brief in which there were challenging issues with the property.

I have 2 properties rented by KFH as you know. In all my dealings I find you and colleagues, enthusiastic and diligent in balancing maximum value with tenant quantity.

I am confident I will continue to use the team from KFH North Finchley going forward.

Best
    Darryl

6. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    58 Highgate High Street (Highgate) (London) (Greater London)
    N6 5
    £450000

Dillen Ven

We have been really impressed with KFH and in particular with Dillen, who has been very helpful. He is always willing to help a hand and readily available on his mobile when we have had any concerns. He has made the experience much easier than we anticipated.

Branch:
    58 Highgate High Street (Highgate) (London) (Greater London)
    N6
    £450000

Dillen Ven

Throughout the process the team, in particular Dillen Ven, have been courteous, informative and professional. Nothing was ever too much trouble and Dillen worked extremely hard to push the sale to the point of exchange in a reasonable time frame. It has been a delight to work with them!

Dana Rapciuga
    £1400

Dana Rapciuga

Hi Dana,

I would like to confirm that the service we received from you (and your colleagues) was always prompt, professional and courteous. We were happy with the tenants you found, to the extent that we rented to them in preference to others who were offering a significantly higher monthly rental.

Best regards
    Mehdi

Mehdi Khorshidian
    M K Architects

9. A 5-star review by ''

£1400

Hi Vishal,

I wanted to say a big thank you for your help renting the above property. From our initial phone call to the point of let I found you proactive, easy to deal with and exceptionally enthusiastic. It was this fantastic attitude that gave me the confidence to use your company and I am happy to say it was not misplaced.

I could not have asked for more and am looking forward to using you on the next one. You have given me confidence in yourself and your company to the point that I will not call any other agents when dealing with properties in your area in future.

Thank you again & looking forward to the next one.

Reuben John
    Director
    Paul Simon Residential

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Compton Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    SW6
    £1875
    Upload a reviwer profile image

This morning, KFH gave a set of my keys to a contractor to gain access to my property. They did so without permission from me, and also without a KFH representative being present during this appointment. I am appalled that a company in which I have placed by trust, has allowed this to happen.

I am a single female professional, who has chosen to live in a highly secure development, because I want to feel safe and secure in my home. I feel very upset and concerned that individuals - who I do not know - where able to gain access to my property today without supervision. Honestly, it feels as... (read more)

1. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    44-48 Borough High Street (Borough) (London) (Greater London)
    SE1
    £1450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I worked with a Senior Lettings Agent from the Borough High Street branch. The experience was horrible.

They were completely unresponsive; I had to chase after them for EVERYTHING! Given how stressful the flat search is (and faced with the real prospect of having no where to live in X amount of time), this branch did not return a single one of my e-mails promptly. I eventually just began to call the office with queries, only to be told the person I was looking for was always away.

I understand that all agents are busy, with people walking in constantly, many properties in the letting... (read more)

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“- email me back when I email - call me back when I call - get 1 step in front of me, instead of me leading the interaction - put your soul back into it. If you can\'t take the 2 seconds to write an explanation as to why another contract needs to be signed, you have forgotten what is it that you do.”

Branch:
    58-60 Tooting High Street (Tooting) (London) (Greater London)
    Sophia McWilliams
    SW19
    £1625

Sophia McWilliams

Sophia was excellent and very thorough. She helped us find the exact property we were looking for. She managed to find us something in our price range, in a good area, with everything we wanted. She was extremely easy to work with and very professional.

3. A 1-star review by ''

Branch:
    44-48 Borough High Street (Borough) (London) (Greater London)
    SE1
    £745000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We purchased a property in SE1 through the Borough Branch of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward. Whilst the agent who actually handled the purchase was attentive to our needs, we were very disappointed in the performance of the agency itself. The property was advertised as having a lease in excess of 800 years and then shortly before exchange we discovered that the lease was only just over 100 years.

After settlement, we arranged with the agent to pick up the keys after hours when we arrived in the UK. The sales manager forgot to leave the keys meaning that we had to incur additional travel and hire costs to come back after the Bank Holiday Weekend when the agency was open. Despite admitting that it was the fault of KFH, no attempt was made to address the problems that had been caused. This is an agency that does not understand the importance of service recovery and need to keep customers happy, especially those who will be selling again within 2-3 years.

I would not recommend this agency to anyone.

4. A 5-star review by ''

N3
    £3683

Hello Vishal

I have found your service to be excellent. You are professional, reliable, efficient, effective and very, very helpful. You are an outstanding representative for your company.

Kind Regards

Mary

5. A 5-star review by ''

Staff Member
    Ronnie Thorne, first name last name
    £475000

Ronnie Thornefirst name last name

We just wanted to express our gratitude, particularly to Ronnie Thorne who has been dealing with us directly with regards to the sale of our house, 52 Firs Ave.

Communication was always very good and Ronnie's enthusiasm and willingness to ''go the extra mile'' impressed us.

Well done Ronnie and thank you!

Regards

Julia and Marc

6. A 4-star review by ''

Branch:
    15-17 Westow Hill (Crystal Palace) (London) (Greater London)
    Jack Iveson
    Se19
    £900

Jack Iveson

As a tenant looking off a new property to rent I was really Impressed with KFH. The whole process went smoothly and quickly and Jack was excellent and kept me updated and in the loop throughout the process. I was very happy with the service.

Adam Tahir, Natalie Thompson
    £580000

Adam TahirNatalie Thompson

Dear Natalie,
    I am writing to you with regards our recent house sale that was managed by Adam Tahir!
    Adam has worked on our sale since October 2013 , we experienced a great deal of stress with regards a house purchase we attempted to make in Hoddesdon but this unfortunately fell apart due to problems with the Hoddesdon agent, to this end we lost our initial buyers, this as you can imagine was very upsetting but Adam saw us through this unpleasant episode, he was calm, professional and was very quick to get us back on track when we found a new property ,putting new buyers in place very... (read more)

£430000

Hi Ronnie

To be honest we've got you to thank for our purchase. It was your suggestion we saw this place after seeing that flat in Princess Park Manor. So well done you for thinking outside the box a little and getting us in there.

I have to say you've been great to work with and a credit to your company, so thank you for all your help and patience in getting this through.

Have a great weekend and thanks again.

Daniel

9. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    199a West End Lane (West Hampstead) (London) (Greater London)
    Cory Devayya, Marko Popovic
    NW3
    £3500

Cory DevayyaMarko Popovic

We recently relocated to London and were finding it very difficult to find a property that would take our dog. KFH in NW6 and particularly Marko and Cory did a fantastic job in selecting relevant properties, advising us on the pros and cons of different places and in helping us through the process of finally finding a beautiful apartment in NW3. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any potential tenant or landlord.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 5-star review by ''

Branch:
    49 Wimbledon Hill Road (Wimbledon) (London) (Greater London)
    Jessica Durrant, Alex Inskip
    sw19
    £785000

Jessica DurrantAlex Inskip

I just wanted to say a big thank you for helping us find the right sale on our property. More importantly, Jessica has been fantastic in the whole process. You understood my concerns with trustinig an agent but Jessica has completely dispelled them. Both my wife and I would definitely recommend KFH Wimbledon to any friends that are looking to sell without a doubt.
    Thanks once again to you and your team for your help.

Page: