Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward

Agent rating: 3.2 out of 5.0 based on 258 ratings. This website contains 256 user reviews of Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward.

Offices / Branches

• 105 disapprove

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 allAgents People Awards

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward manages one of the largest residential property portfolios in Greater London, and has the resources, knowledge and expertise to ensure all properties and clients receive the same high standard of care and expertise.

Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 9)

Page last updated on: 23-Apr-2014 14:19:01

1. A 5-star review by 'Teri Raffi' 14/4/2014

Dillen Ven
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We used KFH to sell a property in London that we owned. The property sold within days of it going onto the market at full asking price. I cannot thank Dillen enough for his help to ensure this went through smoothly and swiftly. He was constantly on the phone to us updating us, chasing solicitors if need be. Would definitely recommend KFH and Dillen. Thank you

2. A 5-star review by 'Teri Raffi' 11/4/2014

3. A 5-star review by 'Mrs K Churcher' 10/4/2014

251-251b Wimbledon Park Road
    Caroline Basma
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

We cannot fault the service we have received from KFH, Southfields over the past year. Since letting our property with the branch we've received a very helpful, clear and professional service. The estate agents we used previously, we had a terrible time with, so we were very reluctant to join another agent. But we have been so happy with our dealings with KFH. They have always been clear about costs and work to be done, and always returned emails and dealt promptly with any issues regarding the flat. I would also like to specifically mention how great and professional Caroline Basma has been from initially taking on the property to the point when we decided to sell the flat with the KFH sales team. Caroline has always been on hand to help with any issues regarding the flat.

A very happy customer and I would certainly recommend them if you intend to let your flat in Wimbledon/Southfields. Great service!

4. A 2-star review by 'a bit gutted that i went these guys' 9/4/2014

Would you use the agent again? No

I work a really busy job and so i was never going to be able to spend all my time managing this sale and purchase. I know i have a responsibility to research certain issues but i really did expect that the estate agent would see it as their job as the expert to guide me through the experience, let me know what i need to be doing etc. This was unfortunately not the case. Considering the amount of money we paid there was no hint of customer services about their approach.
    1)Dishonest about the price which had been agreed with my buyer in order to secure their chain of sales.
    2)I had no idea... (read more)

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“poor attitude throughout and din\'t seem to think that they owed us a service. Not sure there is anything they could have done to change my mind”

5. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 8/4/2014

Dillen Ven
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Can’t thank them enough, brilliant service.

Dillen was extremely accommodating and always able to help. I was kept updated on how things were progressing and any questions were dealt with promptly and efficiently.

Highly recommend them.

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'Saskia' 4/4/2014

199a West End Lane
    Miles Roberts
    NW3
    Would you use the agent again? No

I cannot recommend this agency at all. I will never use KFH again, whether it is to rent my property or to sell another. They made me feel like they were doing me a favour by selling the property.

They were incredibly unprofessional - firstly, they had one open day and then refused to show it to anyone else because I had had an offer under asking price, despite the fact that I hadn't accepted it. They were rude, repeatedly, provided no support or advice and did not deal with any of my concerns. I only went with them rather than another agency because I had deal with their rental... (read more)

7. A 5-star review by 'Andrew' 4/4/2014

Staff Member
    Rahool Sekhri, first name last name
    NW5
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent service provided from initial viewing all the way to completion. Rahool looked after me all the way. I felt was always on the end of the phone and liaised effectively with the vendor thoughout the process.

8. A 5-star review by 'Lucy' 2/4/2014

Coralie , Jack Iveson
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The service when looking for and letting my new flat was dealt with so well by the whole team at the crystal palace branch of KFH!
    Coralie dealt with me in a professional but friendly way, gave me all the information I needed and got me what I needed!
    Jack was also really helpful when moving in on a weekend and all other members of the team were great in making the experience stress free!
    They were all really great and I won't hesitate to recommend them all!!

9. 1

A 1-star review by 'betty' 21/3/2014

334 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield
    SW18
    Would you use the agent again? No

I had a very experience with the agency.
    Once you paid the fees they are not anymore available and caring. they clearly said to refer to the landlord, and they gave me his wrong number.
    We sent more than one email with request of information and they did not reply to us.
    They did not try in any way to meet our expectation. We first agreed to vacate the flat earlier than the date on the contract and then they changed their mind (with no reasons and no explanations) without letting us know. we discovered because they took more than the expected money from our direct debit without informing us. very unprofessional
    They are interested only about money and they do not care about their customers.

10. 4
    people found this

A 1-star review by 'simon' 20/3/2014

1 Station Approach
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE13
    Would you use the agent again? No

I had dealings with the manager of this branch. We viewed a property and put an offer in at asking price. The manger then informed us our offer had to be improved so we improved by £10k. We were then informed our offer was not good enough because offers of £30k and above had been received from 'an independently wealthy individual' who we could never outbid and was advised to give up on this property.
    All well and good one would think ....
    However actually the offer on the property was accepted for under the asking price. The only conclusion is that the Lee office are unprofessional liars, dishonest thuggish louts and is rotten to its core. After complaining to the head office I further discovered its not a rogue office but the whole company. We have now bought a lovely house so leaving this review for other less fortunate house buyers

My advise is beware of KFH, stay away from KFH, there are plenty of other estate agents in the London.

1. A 5-star review by 'Heiko' 19/3/2014

SE25
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Coralie offered us a property perfectly covering our requests and handled all conversations between landlord and tenant (me) quick, friendly and professional. I would recommend Coralie if you're looking for a property in Crystal Palace/Croydon area.

2. A 5-star review by 'Fabio' 18/3/2014

Coralie Quick
    SE20
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have received an outstanding service from the company and in particular with Coraile Quick
    She has kept me all the time updated and shown a great level of professionalism

3. A 5-star review by 'Anne' 14/3/2014

5 Compton Road
    Property Management
    Sana Uddin
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I have rented out the same property for over ten years and am now on my third managing agent. Thankfully I won't have to move to a fourth. The first two companies I used veered from hopeless to more hopeless but Kinleigh's actually knows what it's doing. The staff are professional, courteous, responsive and very easy to deal with. They actually inspect properties during the tenancy - yes who'd have thunk it! My previous two never bothered themselves with such basic essentials. They even have contacts when things need fixing. Wowser. Basically they do what you hope they'll do and if you phone them they even answer. If you are struggling with a lacklustre property management service then I recommend moving to Kingleigh's – it will save your sanity.

4. A 4-star review by 'Lauren' 4/3/2014

SE19
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

All the staff was very professional and I really appreciated the good communication, unfortunately we didn't sell but they did the job as best as possible.

5. A 1-star review by 'valentina' 3/3/2014

81-83 Lower Richmond Road
    SW15
    Would you use the agent again? No

The worst experience of my life.
    Lack of information, double or triple requests for the same documents. Unprofessional service, rudeness, no respect of the agreement in terms of timing. First visit.. they forgot the appointment! Plus they are not clear on which are the charges from the agency iself

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“There is nothing they can do now. They have been rather unhelpful.”

6. A 5-star review by 'Leanne' 25/2/2014

Jack Iveson, Toby Gooding
    SE26
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

My partner and I was very adventurous when we asked for Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward to move us in within 2 days, putting in an offer on Thursday and having the move in date on Saturday.

Jack met me at the property and was very helpful with the viewing. All my questions was thoroughly answered.

We put in our offer and Jack and Toby was very helpful and kept us informed of any progressions.

They had us moved in on our selected date with no problems at all.

Thanks for making our first move a very pleasant one.

7. A 1-star review by 'JCrich' 15/2/2014

Lettings (Prospective customer)
    CR0
    Would you use the agent again? No

We we're taken to view 4 properties, 2 of which we really liked and wanted to put an offer.

Toby explained to us that we can only go with one offer at a time. So we placed an offer for our number one choice.

The landlord accepted the offer, so we decided to kindly ask for the draft agreement, before we proceed being charged.

With huge surprise we realised, that before paying a NON REFUNDABLE FEE KFH we cannot get a draft rental agreement so we could take an informed decision.

With huge efforts guy sent us reference agreement. It was uncertain who would manage the repair in case... (read more)

8. A 3-star review by 'Philipp' 7/2/2014

29 Effie Road
    Stuart Browne
    SW6
    Would you use the agent again? No

KFH started out great. I received prompt replies, quick viewings and attention during my search. They were flexible when it came to scheduling a second viewing and came across as honest and reliable.
    However, once I decided to put in an offer with them things turned very quickly. Response times dropped, KFH failed to communicate important pieces of information and generally became difficult to work with. In addition, their digital signing and document review system sounds practical however, is everything but useful - its confusing, tedious and often contained invalid information. Delays in response were put down to being short-staffed. Overall a service I wouldn't recommend.

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“More responsive, clearer communications and improved interactions.”

9. A 5-star review by 'William' 7/2/2014

Coralie Quick, Beata Nagy
    SE26
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

From the very first Coralie was professional and helpful in taking us through the whole process from the initial viewing to answering all of the questions we had regarding the property which included a booklet giving the property details on council and utilities contacts and other informaiton, putting forward our offer and organising the subsequent contracts and property assessment on moving in.

We have been very happy with everything. Our thanks also to Beata Nagy for being so patient and helpful in answering all our calls and questions and for keeping us up to date about the progress of our application.

10. A 1-star review by 'Txub' 4/2/2014

5 Compton Road

Where do I start.

Firstly, if you see something you would like repaired in the property before you move in, the negotiator will give you assurances things will be fixed before the tenenacy starts. Even if you get that statement in writing before you move in, they will play the "It's not in the tenancy agreement" card and renege on any assurances they gave you once the tenancy starts.

Secondly, getting leaks fixed or repairs done is like pulling teeth. It took me 1 month to get a leak fixed in the house and, when the landlord didn't want to spend money on bringing the property up to a reasonable standard, they allowed me to spend my own money and do the work as long as I took all responsibility if the modernisation wasn't to the landlords taste.

Basically, KFH are a skim off the top outfit with no regard for the tenant or landlord they are "managing"

Use at your peril!

1. A 5-star review by 'Mrs W' 29/1/2014

N22
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I was very impressed by the level of service provided by Elly at KFH.
    She made me feel that she was really interested to find us a suitable rental and was one of the only agents to regularly contact me to keep in touch and offer us properties (before their details were published on the net). Dealing with this agent was a very positive experience and I would definitely recommend KFH Muswell Hill to anyone seeking a property to rent.

2. A 5-star review by 'Eoghan' 28/1/2014

25-27 Montpelier Vale
    Natalie Humm
    SE3
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Natalie was the best letting agent I have experienced over the 10 years I have been renting in London, she was always honest, courteous and helpful. There were some relatively significant issues with the condition of the flat at the start of the tenancy. Natalie helped us to get them sorted, and helped to smooth interactions with the landlord. Natalie was similarly helpful at the end of the tenancy, providing us with sufficient notice when scheduling viewings and telling us in good time if a viewing was cancelled. On the basis of my experience with Natalie I would not hesitate to use KFH again, and would recommend KFH to anyone looking for a property in Blackheath.

3. A 5-star review by 'Brian Carey' 24/1/2014

Would you use the agent again? Yes

Sophia was very helpful, polite and friendly in all our dealings. We felt she was genuinely trying to find us the right property, rather than push one onto us she was trying to sell (our complaints with a few other agencies). When she was unable to help further, she referred us to her colleague in the Streatham Branch who very quickly found us the right property that same day. Very pleased with the service.

4. A 2-star review by 'JSmith' 9/1/2014

1 Leigham Court Road
    SE16
    Would you use the agent again? No

KFH (Streatham) started badly by processing our contract with them for a Lettings service as a Management one, which means a higher percentage for them. Once we told them we hadn't signed up for that and that we had made copies of the contract they agreed. We have had no trouble with them as long as we did not have to contact them. However recently, after a year, they took their fee which we did not understand (and had to work out ourselves) included VAT. We also contacted them to ask if we had to pay the extra as the month's rent did not cover it. They did not get back to us. Now, a month... (read more)

What could Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward do to change your mind??

“Answer when contacted and know what is actually happening with a certain case or issue rather than different departments saying different conflicting things.”

5. A 5-star review by 'steven Voss' 9/1/2014

Elly Moran
    N2
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Elly from KFH was an absolute delight to deal with. I have rented many properties over the years but this move has been seemless largely due to Elly. Everything was completed in rapid time and every box was ticked. I would certainly recommend KFH to anyone wanting to find a property. They are efficient, have reasonable fees and the level of service is exactly what u would expect for a London agent. I will definatley use them again in the future

6. A 5-star review by 'stoyan and nelly' 6/1/2014

Jesse
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Hi there me and my girl friend we were on a move and we needed to move as quick as posible I can say we jad just 3 days to find a property and move in so we mwt this agent his name is Jesse .he help us to move in the date we need to he did the imposible to get us in .I would like to give this agent all the respect he need he is a great personality and a lovely kind person who can find you a property that suits you spot on !! All we can say is ALLL THE BEST FOR MR Jesse I hope everyone to enjoy the same experience we had .

7. 1

A 1-star review by 'R' 5/1/2014

292-294 Kennington Road
    Tessa Gooding
    SW8
    Would you use the agent again? No

Utterly appalling service. Agent misinformed me of the length of the lease (by 20 years) which I only found out about just before exchanging and tried to get me to pay for costs that the sellers had not disclosed. A friend who was selling their property informed me that there was more misinformation about their lease. In hindsight I am also very suspicious of how they got to the final agreed price. Final insult was that their 'mortgage advisor' who I had to use to be in with a chance of getting the property (incidentally this is not legal as confirmed by bbc4's money box programme), gave me quotes and price differentials which I found subsequently were highly inaccurate.. Appalling. Immoral. Avoid.

8. A 1-star review by 'Upset and Disappointed' 5/1/2014

113 Rosendale Road
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    SE21
    Would you use the agent again? No

I was lied to about maintenance charges due to be taken out on the property that I would be liable for in possible excess of £10,000....this added to the fact that I knew I would have to shell out for the lease extension.....the estate agents constantly 'sweetened me up' with emotional stories about the vendor's situation and side-stepped the question regarding the section 20 order in one of their own words 'they wanted their commission for Christmas'.....when I sensibly pulled a halt to exchange to find out exactly how much I would have to pay the vendor withdrew and KFH said they would try and negotiate something.......I was left distraught and heard nothing from them. More lies. They then immediately put the property back on the market (after 5 months of hell for me) for £40,000 more than we had agreed....ulterior motive???!!!! Awful people.....do not get sucked in by their rubbish.

9. A 1-star review by 'Jack' 27/12/2013

50 - 52 Peckham Rye Peckham
    Anita Barry
    SE15
    Would you use the agent again? No

Terrible service, we weren't given all/the correct keys, not told which parking spaces were ours or given door codes. We were constantly told someone would get back to us when trying to arrange things and it never happened.

On checkout they were extremely unreasonable and rude in dealing with a dispute we had with the landlord. The landlords interests are ALWAYS put first.

I would stay away if possible.

10. A 5-star review by 'claire' 23/12/2013

BEN BRIDGES
    N10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I found Ben and KFH to be exceptional , which was great after having some not too positive experiences with another agent and being under a lot of stress. Nothing was too much trouble and the whole process ran smoothly. I would happily recommend this company to anyone looking for a good agency, they communicated with me well through out the process and were highly efficient.

Page: