Mar 30,2011
Mar 30,2011
Daniel McGeown are a woeful estate agent. I rented an house from them for 1 year while at University and had nothing but problems and hassle with them. Firstly, when I moved in the house was a mess. There was cigarette ash inside the drawers of the bedside table. The garden was overgrown and broken bits of furniture/doors, obviously when we viewed this was not the case. I assume Daniel McGeown took the deposits for the previous tenants but didn't use the money to repair the damage.

Anyway, during our time at that house we had a few issues. The washing machine broke and was not fixed for months. The front door lock was broken and it remained broken for quite some time (there was two locks but this one was the more sturdy of the two).

On moving out, they kept £60 of our deposits despite the house being cleaner than when we moved in originally. Then they withheld my deposit for a year, saying that they had sent it in the mail. The manager or Daniel McGeown was always unavailable and the office staff and accountant was extremely rude, bratty and unhelpful. Eventually, I had to get Citizens Advice and the PSNI on board (as they were claiming the cheque had been cashed by someone at another address - it had not). A dreadful estate agent, should not be allowed to operate.

I would guess the positive reviews here are from staff members. Everyone I knew from University who rented with this estate agent had similar tales to tell.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Daniel McGeown & Company Office 1! To leave a new review of Daniel McGeown & Company Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Daniel McGeown & Company Office 1