FREE Valuation

Taylors Estate Agents

Agent rating: 1.6 out of 5.0 based on 68 ratings. This website contains 66 user reviews of Taylors Estate Agents.

• Taylors Estate Agents has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Taylors Estate Agents, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 12200 out of 14416 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

1.62 out of 5.00

• 10 recommend
  • 58 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

By choosing Taylors Estate Agents you have access to the UK's largest Estate Agency group attracting the most buyers to your home.

Page last updated on: 03-Sep-2015 17:15:50

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 3)

1. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    13 Bute Street Mermaid Quay Cardiff Bay (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    Cf11
    £750
    Would you use the agent again? No

Found the most amazing perfect flat through Taylor's which suited me and my flat mate perfectly. On the day of signing everything went smoothly with all the admin fees etc discussed (which were extortionate), then we were told we needed to take out a monthly tenant insurance per person! This was not explained to us at all until we had pens in our hands ready to sign. When we said we didn't need it as it was for personal belongings and neither of us had anything of real value we were told the contract would not be completed until we signed it, so we agreed but then only to be told the monthly... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVER THE TOP FEES, HIDDEN EXTRAS THAT YOUR FORCED TO TAKE!”

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Over the top fees, hidden extras that your forced to take!”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    13 Bute Street Mermaid Quay Cardiff Bay (Cardiff) (Cardiff County)
    CF10
    £825
    Would you use the agent again? No

Awful customer service skills and not helpful in any way. We received no communication from the company regarding check in dates. When we were due to check in we had to ring them 10 minutes after they were due to meet us only to be told that they wanted us to come to their office and not to the property itself. No one did a check in at the property and we were left to go through the inventory ourselves before returning it to them. When we did return it we pointed out a few faults with the property along with items that were listed but didn't exist. We were then promised a scanned copy of the inventory which 10 days later we have yet to receive. We have also now been waiting over a week for minor repairs to be made with no communication as to when this will be. The office itself appears to have washed their hands of us and no refers everything to their property management team who are never available.

Awful company.

3. 1

Branch:
    14 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Bs3
    £400
    Josh Box

Taylors became the lettings agent at my house following the departure of the landlord. In the 2 years before they were eventually sacked by my landlord they have provided the most appalling service I've received from any company. To list a few errors; they changed our energy provider without notifying us resulting in termination fees and extortionate rates from the new provider. They listed the billing address as their own HQ so we were none the wiser until 8 months of unpaid energy resulted in bailiffs turning up at our door. Their maintenance is horrendous. If you call them they say they... (read more)

“EXTORTIONATE”

“Extortionate”

4. 2

Branch:
    58 High Street (Portishead) (Somerset)
    BS20
    £795
    Adam

First contact with Taylors was really good, they then found a rental property which we liked so decided to proceed with. Their service level started to detiororate when we were given 10-15 minutes on the day we were moving to go through a 17 page agreement and sign agreeing to all of the sections within. As we had a removal company waiting we rushed through not reading every page. Shortly after moving in and speaking to our electricity/gas supplier to chase up the transfer, we were advised by them that a different supplier had blocked them from taking over. Taylors had instructed Spark Energy... (read more)

5. View All Comments (1)by Ash  14/06/2015

I have heard nothing but bad things about these guys. Very rude to there tenants and really don't care only interested in your money
  6. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    143 Havant Road (Drayton) (Portsmouth) (Hampshire)
    Howard Unknown, Howard Unknown
    No postcode selected.
    Howard UnknownHoward Unknown

We are writing in appreciation of the exceptional services we have received from Taylors Estate Agents in Drayton. We have used them both in their capacity as our Letting/management agent for our rental property and also as estate agents for properties we have bought and sold.

Howard, Tracey, Simon and Lorraine in fact the whole team are a friendly task oriented professional people. Navigating through legal processes whether it is as landlords or buying and selling property can be stressful. Howard & Simon are so good at keeping a finger on the pulse, communicating with all parties and knowing what advice to give when there are the inevitable delays.

Howard & Tracy’s attention to detail in managing our rental property saved us from many a sleepless night, thank you. We have been doing business with Howard and Simon for nine years and have recommended them to family and friends. Taylors Drayton in our opinion is outstanding.

7. 1

A 2 -star review by ''

Caroline
    Mk40
    £65000
    Caroline

Promises of phone calls broken again and again, no one knows what is going on and you are promised good service but after saying you will buy, they want to wash their hands of you. May I remind them that they have two clients for every purchase. The seller, who is PAYING them, and the purchaser who is enabling them to get paid. If the don't delever good service, the next time the buyer wants to move or buy another property, are they likely to go to Taylors again? If they want to sell a property, are they likely to go to Taylors again? Guess the answer. Caroline is the ONLY person there who gives a toss and is really helpful.

i knew estate agents were bad, but these guys have made a career out of it. Think yourselves lucky i only rated you as poor rather than terrible.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Take an interest in ensuring a sale actually goes through in a reasonable period. Don't rely on one good person in the office Phone back when you say you will Stop being a bunch of bad salesmen. We handed you this on a plate and still you failed. Think about the bigger picture of repeat custom”

8. 3

Branch:
    58 High Street (Portishead) (Somerset)
    BS20
    £900
    Adam

I had initially spoke with an agent called Chloe, however I then had the great displeasure of having to deal with Adam when she was out of the office. Within 24 hours of dealing with Adam, he had signed up another tenant to the property which had already been guaranteed to me. It seems his greed for commission and lack of patience overcame the opportunity to have honesty and integrity. He chickened our of notifying me of this, I only found out when I called the office myself the very next day. He refused to apologise, constantly over-talked me, and he said it was my fault. I have never been... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Buying agent
    Mk43
    Would you use the agent again? No

Went into the branch on Friday to sign up to emails regarding properties. The agent I dealt with asked me all the basic questions which were fine. He then proceeded to try and hard sell me their mortage consultancy. I told him that I was not interested more than 5 times, stating that I had a family friend who was a mortgage advisor. He then said well yes I understand it from your perspective but I still think you should talk to our consultants... Being a management student, I replied, I am a business student and understand it from your perspective.. to which he stated well then why dont you... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    161-163 Queensway (Bletchley) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    Lauren .
    MK2
    Lauren .

I asked for a estimate to sell a house. I specifically said not to put it on the market and not interrupt me for 10 days after the valuation as I wanted to work out whether to sell or not - going by the valuation. The male rep left, and within 15 minutes this Lauren called and said that she had 2 people who wanted to see the property immediately, being somewhat annoyed at what I assumed to be some lack of communication within the branch I told her it was not for sale and that I was going to work out what I wanted to do. 2 HOURS later she brought one family around to my house!!! She is a horrible uneducated person who is just after her commission but with absolutely no respect, courtesy, or logic for the seller. Totally disgusting and a very problematic youth.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    14 North Street Bedminster (Bristol) (Gloucestershire)
    Bs4
    £1200
    Josh Box

I am relatively new to the property industry buying my first investment property at the end of last year. I contacted josh who was absolutely suburb! He offered to give me free advice over the phone, came to my property and gave me a great valuation. He was extremely professional and helped me every step of the way. I'll certainly be looking to build my portfolio and would recommend josh and the team at Taylor's Lettings Bedminster to everyone! Thanks again!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FAIR PRICE FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    26A Market Place (Olney) (Buckinghamshire)
    MK46
    Would you use the agent again? No

Estate Agents don't get a good reputation - and mostly for a good reason.
    However this particular are just the worst of the worst.

They turn up to appointments late - yet have time to buy a Costa Coffee on the way, before standing in the middle of your home asking inappropriate questions that were quite frankly none of their business.

They will then go on to make promises to you - anything to secure a transaction. But as soon as they've got what they want, you'll never be able to get hold of them again.

Rude and arrogant, and make the worse estate agents look good - if ever that was possible.

If you do find yourself using Taylors - record every single conversation you have with them - you'll need it.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Seen good on their agreements and obligations.”

14. 1

Branch:
    1 Chapel Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    Ashley Lane, Lucinda Deibe
    LU5
    £850
    Ashley LaneLucinda Deibe

When we spoke to Ashley we asked for some additional terms to be added to the tenancy agreement. We were told we cannot change the agreement but we can add additional terms which they would get the tenant to sign before they move in. They didn't do this. And now according to their manger Lucinda this never happened and apparently we were told that the additional terms will just be given to the tenant, but they wouldn't get them signed.
    Basically don't listen to anything they say, ask for everything in writing. Also do not be rushed by them. They will push you to act fast...DONT. Take your time and make sure everything as per how you want it.
    In addition to this they got the tenant to pay them instead of us which then took them 2 months to sort out.

Comments on the Agents fees

“NOT WORTH IT. THEY CHARGE THE SAME AS THE OTHER LOCAL ESTATE AGENTS HOWEVER THEIR SERVICES ARE PATHETIC.”

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“After complaining they offered a tiny amount of compensation and took over 6 months to get back to us. They have out right lied on their response.”

15. 1

Branch:
    115-118 Commercial Road (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    SN1
    Would you use the agent again? No

This agency is less then helpful.

I am enquiring about various properties through the local area. I have phoned in a couple of times to arrange viewings and they barely seem interested in helping me and when i questioned there fees i couldn't believe what I heard. Almost £700 in fees? When i asked if they could explain why there was a fee for the tenancy agreement and then another administration fee no one could give me an answer.

I work as a letting agent in another area and i know this is just absurd and this is clearly just an agency trying to rip people off.

I will now not view any property through this agency even if it was perfect.

Maybe ill receive a response to this with clarification of the ridiculous fees.

“ABSOLUTE JOKE.”

16. 1

CF23
    £675
    Would you use the agent again? No

I booked to view a property and was told Justin would meet me there, and they would send me a text to confirm the house number and postcode. They didn't send a text but I was able to see from Google maps/street view which house we were viewing. We arrived a few minutes early to be safe, waited until about 10 minutes after we were supposed to be met and then phoned the office which went to an answering machine. Waited another 10 minutes until I phoned again but again there was no answer so I left a message this time. We eventually left the property 45 minutes after we should have been met very disappointed and have never heard back from them. I also sent a message through their website to the Albany Road branch complaining because we had travelled down from Swansea to view this property and wasted our time and money. Again I have recieved no reply.

17. View All Comments (1)by J McBarnet  30/10/2014

As a Branch Lettings Manager it is important for us to review any complaints to better enable us to improve on our mistakes so we meet and exceed our customers expectations. I am sorry that our service levels on this occasion was not to your satisfaction. When a Client telephones to book a viewing on one of our properties, we register your details and inform you of the name of the member of staff who you will be meeting once an appointment is confirmed. We then inform you we will try and arrange an appointment for the time and date you have requested. Once this has been agreed we tell you... (read more)
  18. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Unit 14 (Kingston) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    MK10
    £200000
    Would you use the agent again? No

We are quite new into our search for a new property however in the space of only a couple of weeks of prospective searching we had encountered a number of issues with Taylors, we took it as a lucky warning and immediately have ceased any further dealings with this company. The main reasons for this decision are listed below:

1. Not returning messages or emails until I had written to head office of Countrywide plc complaining about poor service and lack of communication.
    2. Failure to return ALL documents once requested (some were returned, others were not - bear in mind these are personal/financial documents).
    3. No adherence to data protection laws/guidelines (emails sent to myself and other prospective investors/buyers on the same email chain (all part of one big CC list) - therefore names, and emails addresses all disclosed into the public domain.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“1. Simple adherence to data protection laws. 2. Call customers back when you say you will.”

19. 2

Branch:
    1 Chapel Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    john cyganek, taylor youngboy
    lu2
    john cyganektaylor youngboy

Branch dealing with sales run by John Cyganek is a complete joke. Unprofessional, unorganised and out of compliance with FSCA (awaiting FSCA letter).
    The manner in which customers were spoken to was an absolute disgrace, rude and undermining.
    An offer was not put forward to the seller.
    Valuations are not realistic.
    No communication within the team (manager not notified of offer)
    Avoidance techniques by manager
    No call backs
    They claim offers have been made on properties when they have actually been withdrawn
    They lied regarding the rent being charged at the property

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“A course in customer service for John Training for the team”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 West Swindon District Centre (Swindon) (Wiltshire)
    Sn5
    £87500
    Would you use the agent again? No

No communication, messed up our house sale, the branch is staffed by inexperienced teenagers nobody phones you or is at all interested in your house. Had to go with another agent to sell our house as they were useless. Do not touch them.
    They send people round who don't turn up or are total time wasters. Never ever been with such a bunch of unprofessional idiots.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Better communication, Staff trained better Not lie constantly”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    36 High Street (Stony Stratford) (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? No

The ONLY reason I have given this agent any rating at all is because in all fairness, they did sell my property within a few days, but in all honesty, most of the houses in my village sold very quickly at this time no matter what agent they used. Once our house was sold we basically heard nothing, we would ring and be told someone would ring us back and this very rarely happened. I really did find them to be very poor and do not want to bore you with all the details, but I do now wonder if they told us the truth on some occasions?! I do feel I should review them and say, sorry, I do not recommend them and basically, if I am allowed to say this, feel it was money for old rope - Sorry!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 1 -star review by ''

Cf24
    £145000
    Would you use the agent again? No

I used Taylors as I had a really positive experience when buying through them. This was a big mistake. The valuation was over £20,000 too high (which conveniently meant that I payed a higher rate). I must have spent a total of around 40 hours attempting to get hold of various staff at Taylors. I rarely got viewing feedback (maybe once) and I sometimes had to call four or five times before someone would call me back or give me the time of day. As they sell for a fixed rate they showed no motivation in selling my property for the best possible price but just flog it to whoever.
    They also let my ex partner go into branch and take the key to enter a property that he has not live in for two years - I found out when the TV disappeared!!
    It is a shame that my house selling experience was absolutely horrendous due to Taylors and it has put me off buying again - I certainly won't touch them with a barge pole ever again.
    Oh.. And I never heard back from my complaint letter and email so I have contacted the FSA.

“AS ABOVE”

“As above”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

CF24
    £150000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Booked an appointment to view a property. A day later received a call to advise then property is not advertised correctly & it should say there was a sitting tenant. When I asked what the move out date / current contract situation was I was advised "Dunno, to be honest."

Decided to view property anyway & arrived 10mins ahead of viewing time (as sometimes the agents arrive early). The tenant was in the property & obviously had no intention of leaving for any viewing. Half an hour later the agent hadn't arrived, so I called the office & was immediately told:... (read more)

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“General professional courtesy would be nice when dealing with people who would be earning you commission.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  25. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-4 Market Place (Banbury) (Oxfordshire)
    , tom Oxfordshire
    OX16
    £680
    tom Oxfordshire

I had someone from Taylor's estate agent come to my home banging on my door and kitchen window my front door was unlocked and he opened the door to try and let himself into my home I am currently 6 months pregnant and was alone in my house and felt terrified and intimidated the person was shouting through the letter box demanding to come into my house he didn't state who or where he was from he just kept banging on my door because I was that terrified I contacted the police and they was at my house within seconds I am now terrified to answer my door to anybody and keep it locked at all times. I rang Taylor's estate agents to make a complaint and someone called tom said he would contact me back and he did not. I have rung them 5 times now and the situation still has not been resolved I have not been given an apology either I am now looking at taking the matter further and am visiting a solicitor the way I have been treated is disgusting and I will not let them get away with it they have caused stress on me and my unborn child which I do not need.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DONT ACTUALLY RENT THE PROPERTY OF TAYLOR\'S ITS OFF A PRIVATE LANDLORD BUT HE PHONED TAYLOR\'S TO COME AND EVALUATE THE PROPERTY”

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“The way the agent delt with my complaint is disgusting hes failed to contact me and left me to do the chasing”

26. 1

A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    3-4 Market Place (Banbury) (Oxfordshire)
    NN13
    £575
    Would you use the agent again? No

I had a full management 'service' from Taylors/Country wide. They initially where good, the set up was good with no problems. I received a call, which I just missed, about a month into the tenancy from CountryWide at 5.50pm of an evening. They left a voice mail stating that I had boiler problems with my property that had to be attended to and it was a matter of urgency. I called CountryWide back straight away with no answer and had to wait until the next day to contact them. When I eventually got through I asked them what the issue was, they didn't know. They then gave me my tenants number... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WHERE EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY DID AND THE POOR 'AFTER SALES' SERVICE THEY GAVE. ODD CHARGES APPEARED WHICH THEY DIDN'T EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN ASKED. I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR A VERY POOR SERVICE.”

27. 2

Branch:
    436 Midsummer Boulevard (Milton Keynes) (Buckinghamshire)
    Mk11
    £800
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely apalled by their service. You would think we were a hindrance , not actually trying to contribute towards their profits. Rude when corresponding both via emails and via phonecall, when they actually bothered to pick up the phone or to call back. Add to this the extortionate fees and it leaves a sour taste in the mouth. If you enjoy stress, drama, disrespect and pure incompetence then I recommend Taylors to you. If you still live in the day and age where you believe customers deserve respect and clarity for paying the wages of these 'humans' then avoid Taylors like the plague.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Treat their customers with respect. Is that not a fundamental expectation of any business in the service sector. Once they have mastered the basic skill of respect then they can worry about anything else. Disgusted,”

28. 2

MK43
    £200000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Attempted to view two properties in the bedford area. Got the usual "so when can we book you in to see our mortgage advisor?" and as soon as I mentioned I was already sorted, he lost interest. After a few chasing calls, so did I. The people who've selected Taylors to sell their house (presumably without doing any research) have my deepest sympathies. I shudder to think how many potential customers their turning away simply for the sake of a mortgage commission.

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Just been honest and told me they weren't interested in any viewings unless we used their mortgage broker. Would\'ve saved me phone calls.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    19 Marlowes (Hemel Hempstead) (Hertfordshire)
    Andy
    hp2
    Andy

Hello, i called Andy regarding a price on a house and he didn't even seem too bothered to even talk to me. Rude and Unprofessional is an understatement!

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Be professional and welcoming .”

30. 2

Branch:
    4 Bridge Street (Northampton) (Northamptonshire)
    Nn5

AVOID!!!

Extortionate and unfair fees. They charge x percent (they don't tell you what or how they work it out) of the MARKET VALUE. This is what THEY think it will sell for NOT what it actually sells for.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 1 -star review by ''

MK40
    Would you use the agent again? No

These guys are terrible. I've just caught them screening people looking to view their properties. Twice i was told properties i was interested in were sold, and then on getting my wife to phone separately they became available. So if you're looking to sell to them for all you know you have buyers but taylors arent telling you. How very ethical!

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“I think the agents behaviour is unacceptable -they also aggresively push their mortgage brokers”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    27 George Street (Luton) (Bedfordshire)
    LU3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Amateurs would be the best word to describe these guys. Awful customer service. Always pushing to get their commission quick by asking me to lower my price after informing them numerous times that I didn't see the need to. Pathetic and bunch of "*"!

What could Taylors Estate Agents do to change your mind??

“Never listen. Paid over £250 for my place to be put on the market, yet they failed to deliver on every aspect. Now property is with Haart agent - professional, communication and always on hand to answer questions.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    7A-9 High Street (Biggleswade) (Bedfordshire)
    Claire Lewin
    SG18
    Claire Lewin

I would like to comment on the excellent service I experienced with Taylors estate agents, working specifically with Claire Lewin. After asking to put my 3 bed house on the rental market Claire made an immediate appointment to take photos and the house was very quickly marketed. Claire's manner was friendly and extremely professional throughout and she made the whole experience stress free. I was informed whenever there was a viewing via text message which was extremely helpful. Taylors managed to secure far more viewings than any other agent and they found a suitable tenant within a couple of months. Claire put me in touch with other professionals including a man who carried out an inventory at very short notice. All in all a brilliant experience thanks to Taylors which is why I'm using them again!

34. 2

Branch:
    20 Sandy Park Road (Bristol)
    bs4
    Would you use the agent again? No

Appalling service when purchasing a property. Emails not responded to, calls not returned, promises made to find answers to queries but no answers were ever received. Had to chase for absolutely everything - nothing ever got done without having to ask for it to happen at least five times - no exaggeration.

Page: