FREE Valuation

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 1155 ratings. This website contains 1155 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

• Reeds Rains has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

If you would like to get a valuation from one one of our 'transparent agents', then click here
Learn More   Hide

• 154 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Page last updated on: 25-Apr-2015 18:08:03

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 39)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

£288000
    Angie Stancer

We recently bought a house through Reeds Rains, selling two through another agent to finance the purchase.
    Reeds Rains, and in particular Angie Stancer, were streets ahead of the competition.
    She understood far better than other agents what we were looking for, knew the area well, and most significantly had established a good relationship with the vendors and property.
    We felt Angie went the extra mile, in particular facilitating a meeting with the vendors pre completion which has made an immeasurable difference in our enjoyment and understanding of our new family home.
    Were we ever to sell or buy again in the future, Reeds Rains would unquestionably be our first port of call.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 3 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 Aberdeen Walk, (Scarborough) (North Yorkshire)
    Christine Spriggs
    yo11
    Christine Spriggs

generally problems were sorted out in a timely manner although waiting for answers form landlord sometimes held things up. communication once in contact was fine but messages being left were not getting through on one occasion and took a week and a half for finally the i managed to get through to christine in person.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL IT SEEMS THAT THE £120 I PAY EACH YEAR FOR RENEWING THE TENANCY IS UNUSUAL IN AGENT LAND . OTHER FEES I GUESS ARE USUAL BUT THE LESS A TENANT HAS TO PAY OUT THE BETTER. ALTHOUGH I HAVE PUT RECOMMEND AGENT I ONLY PUT THAT AS I DON'T DISAPPROVE. I FEEL NEUTRAL.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 The Crescent (Cheadle) (Greater Manchester)
    CH1
    Gaynor

Gaynor Hannon has been acting as my letting agent. She is currently dealing with a delicate situation in relation to my tenant, in a very professional and efficient manner. I agreed with her advice wherupon she acted promptly being able to also offer advice to the tenant.
    Contact with me has included detailed information over the phone and by e-mail.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    Wf8
    £695
    Julie Sumner

We received excellent customer service from Julie throughout our application for the property above. She was extremely helpful and always at hand whenever we needed her. Even when we had moved into the property and had slight problems she has been there and very vigilant in sorting out any problems that we have had. If anyone is looking to rent a property and wanting to feel welcome and re assured then I would definately recommend Julie to be their first point of call.
    Thanks again! :)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Hough Lane (Leyland) (Preston)
    PR26
    £750
    Julie Ross

The agent, Julie Ross, has been extremely thorough and quick to respond on all our queries and questions regarding our tenants. She has made a refreshing change to deal with and would recommend her to all. I would have put an excellent rating but I have not been pleased with other agents at the Leyland branch and am not sure how this rating applies to them. Julie is fantastic but the first agent we dealt with was rude, unprofessional and never contacted us back. It was a good job Julie did take over our property because we would have left Reeds Rains otherwise. She certainly sets a good example on how to treat to customers.

Comments on the Agents fees

“DESPITE HAVING CONSTANT TENANTS IN AND BEING A LONGTIME CUSTOMER, WE HAVE NEVER BEEN OFFERED A REDUCED RENT.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (Burnley) (Lancashire)
    dawn stuttard
    BB12
    £137500
    dawn stuttard

Reeds Rains were very helpful throughout our purchase of our new home. Dawn from the Burnley branch was always polite, helpful and always kept us up to date throughout. She helped chasing solicitors and fitting the pieces together to help the process keep moving and get us in our new house as quickly as possible. She was 5 star ***** !

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Reeds Rains House, Brookfield Business Park, Brookfield Road (Cheadle) (Cheshire)
    pr2
    £675
    Jenny Rayner

jenny has been a dream to deal with . she is very polite on the phone and keeps you well up to speed with all situations via email . its so pleasing to find someone so keen and helpful in these modern times where we usually have to deal with people who dont bother to care . im almost looking forward to having another problem with the house so i can deal with her . please pat her on the back for me

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Finkle Street (Selby) (York) (North Yorkshire)
    Lynda Sykes
    LS25
    Lynda Sykes

My experience with the Selby team of Reeds Rains was first class, from the initial valuation, through to completion which can be an extremely stressful time.
    The staff offered a professional, friendly and efficient service and contacted me regularly throughout my viewings and eventual sale.
    My primary contact was Lynda who is easy to deal with and very proactive.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

£288000
    Angie Stancer

Angie's enthusiasm for and about our house was instrumental in our deciding to put the house on the market in the first place and and to go ahead with the sale even after one set of buyers pulled out very late in the day. She was responsive to our calls and our concerns, efficient and helpful and always courteous and friendly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

PR1
    £420
    Jenny Rayner

I found Jenny to be thorough & prompt in dealing with my request concerning my renewal of my lease with liasing with the landlord & forwarding documentation... ..I particularly liked her friendly approach in my email correspondence whilst still maintaining a professional manner....she made it a pleasurable experience!!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEEL THE FEES ARE TOO HIGH FOR RENEWING TENANCIES FOR THE TENNANT WHEN FEES ARE ALSO PAID BY THE LANDLORD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    508 Holderness Road (Hull) (Hull) (Aberdeen City)
    BECKY TODD
    hu9
    £104000
    BECKY TODD

I found the whole selling process with reeds rains faultless ! As I no longer lived in the area they took care of all the potentail buy and viewing and becky was fabulous in keeping me up to date from the start to completion on my property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

Andrea
    St6
    £395
    Andrea

I have always found Andrea to be very helpful in dealing with any queries that arise. She has a professional approach and quickly responds to any e-mails or phone calls.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Heather Cooper
    s40
    £995
    Heather Cooper

On selecting four potential Agents to manage our property Heather Cooper gave a very professional initial presentation and unlike the other agents went out of her way on two further occasions by making additional visits to the property to guide us through the processes ( this being our first rental property )
    Heathers knowledge of the current market, area conditions and valuations gave us the confidence to choose Reeds Rains to manage our property. Through the process, from the first meeting to now having the property occupied in a very short space of time our we have been very happy with our dealings with the team at the Chesterfield branch.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    113 Rushey Green (Catford) (London) (Greater London)
    Daniel Lawrece
    se62
    £1150
    Daniel Lawrece

From the first phonecall making enquirings, were impress with there very helpfull and professional way.
    Been a landlord for the first time,it was important to be taken through all the things we needed
    to know. which put my wife and I at ease, and we are very greatfull.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    30-32 Pasture Road (Goole) (Yorkshire)
    Clair Allerton
    dn14
    £65000
    Clair Allerton

Clair thankyou so much for the great service that you and Dale have give me and selling my property within two months which was supper fast thankyou

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 4 -star review by ''

Rachael Howson
    L20
    £575
    Rachael Howson

Rachael has been so helpful from day one of dealing with her. Having been previously unhappy with the service from Reeds Rains, she has been a breath of fresh air. I have faith that she will support me in any way she can with my millions of questions.

In times of austerity and a very competitive market, with other agents offering strong deals, it was only Rachael's way of dealing with me that kept me with Reeds Rains.

I look forward to building a strong relationship with Rachael and the company to manage my property going forward.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    80 Fishergate,Town: (Preston) (Lancashire)
    Julie Ross Very Helpful
    PR2
    £650
    Julie Ross Very Helpful

Julie is very helpful and great lady. Very quick to respond to our queries. Acts quickly to our needs.. Very professional.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES IS SLIGHTLY HIGH COMPARED TO OTHER AGENTS”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

pr2
    £600
    Julie Ross

Julie has been my Relationship Manager/point of contact since I accepted the Fully Let Managed Service from Reeds Rains.

Julie has been outstanding in providing help/assistance in resolving problems and/or queries that I have had. One incident where I needed a plumber to urgently attend the property, Julie was able to efficiently resolve the situation, the work was cheaper than i had envisaged and she kept me and the tenant informed every step of the way.

Julie is a credit to Reeds Rains.

Thanks

Minh

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Katherine Richards
    £595
    Katherine Richards

I really want to thank Katherine and everyone at Reeds Rains Acomb, me and my boyfriend just moved out of our parents houses and in together so we were worried about the whole process. Katherine made it so easy for us and we are really happy with our property! Amazing service and two very happy customers.

Thanks again Katherine

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    29 Wategate Street ( ) ( Chester) (Cheshire)
    CH1
    Gaynor

Gaynor has been a very effective Property Manager. She has responded promptly to issues raised by the tennant and has contacted me promptly. She has organised quotes and got contractors in to do work within a day or so of an issue being raised. She has communicated clearly via email, on the telephone and via voicemail messages.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

SK9
    £775
    Hassan Mahmood

My husband and I received excellent customer service from Hassan at Reeds Rains on what was a very difficult moving day. We relocated from London to Wilmslow were let down at the last minute by our removal men, and then faced awful traffic resulting in a 7 hour drive and an arrival at our new property after 10pm! Despite all of this, Hassan remained calm, approachable and easily contactable throughout the day, helping us to set a plan of action for our arrival. He then came to let us into the property after 10pm and took his time to welcome us into the property, ensuring we knew all safety and security features. I have never received such excellent service from an estate agent before and can only thank Hassan profusely for helping us out on such a stressful day!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    wf8
    £450
    Julie Sumner

Julie helped by going through every stage of the process in an easily understood and relaxed friendly and informed manner. She made the whole process easier for me and understood my requirements. I would have no hesitation in recommending her and all staff at the pontefract branch

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Sam Wilson
    WF58
    £159000
    Sam Wilson

Dealing with all the staff at the Ossett branch whether it be Sam, Chris or Hannah has been a real pleasure. Always professional, helpful and courteous at all times. I found the staff very knowledgable and gave me excellent advice throughout the process. The sale turned out to be a little more difficult than expected but Reeds Rains have gone that extra mile to minimise the strains and stress of the conveyancing right through to the finish. I cannot praise them highly enough and would certainly recommend any of my friends to use them in the future.
    Many thanks to everyone at the Ossett branch for all their support over the past few months.

Kind regards, Tony Brentnall.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THOUGHT AT FIRST THAT THE INITIAL FEES WERE A LITTLE HIGH. HOWEVER SAM AND CHRIS MANAGED TO NEGOTIATE A REDUCTION OF £460 TO HELP THE FINAL COMPLETION TO TAKE PLACE. WITHOUT THIS I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE SALE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO THROUGH ON TIME. AGAIN THANKS FOR THIS GENEROUS GESTURE ON YOUR BEHALF.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    39 Cinque Port Street (Rye) (East Sussex)
    Stuart Bentley
    TN31
    £267000
    Stuart Bentley

The agent sold the house without any great hassle or involvement from us, including arranging and conducting many viewings. They certainly earned their commission! We got close to the asking price and are now looking for another property to buy - we will happily use Reeds Rains again to help us find one.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE REASONABLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT PROVED TO BE NECESSARY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 4 -star review by ''

Property Management
    Chris Newton
    YO
    Chris Newton

Christine manages two of my properties in York, she is always very efficient very quick to respond to any request I make of her and very thorough and professional in her work. She is also pleasant and cheerful which is a pleasure.
    Most recently she has responded as described above to two requests 1. Could she check when the tenants rents were last reviewed, both properties were then recommended for rental increases. 2. I needed copies of my tenancy agreements as I am re mortgaging both properties,these were emailed to me the following day.
    Thanks and well done

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Property Management
    PR2
    £1000
    Jenny Rayner

Jenny Rayner has been very polite and courteous in my communications with her. She has responded to my queries very promptly, answering my questions (no matter how mundane) in a clear, patient, and helpful manner. This has made my experience of using Reeds Rains Property Management Services convenient and stress-free.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE HIGH QUALITY OF SERVICE PROVIDED.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Keren Hartley
    wf5
    Keren Hartley

The service provided by Keren Hartley of Reeds Raines ( Ossett branch) was first class. This is the second time I have had reason to use the service provided by Reeds Raines and on both occasions, Keren Hartley as been very proffessional and helpfull. I would not esitate to reccoment this paticular person to anyone who is involved with a home move.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Anchorage Quay, (Salford Quays) (Greater Manchester)
    Ian
    M50
    £700
    Ian

I have rented a property through Reeds Rains (Salford Quays branch) for the past 2 years. I have recently moved City and ended my tenancy but Ian Jordan at Reeds Rains was absolutely brilliant. Very professional, efficient and friendly. I couldn't have asked for a better service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Joanna Burnett, Ben Foster
    SK10
    no photo no photo
    Joanna BurnettBen Foster

We recently completed the purchase of a property advertised via Reed Rains in Wilmslow, Cheshire. Jo Burnett and Ben from the branch in Wilmslow were always friendly, courteous, grounded, efficient, knowledgeable and prompt. Could not ask more from an estate agent. Very impressed and very grateful for their input and positive manner through the many steps of the process. Thank you!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

SK9
    £750
    Hassan Mahmood

Hassan's service was quite remarkable. Throughout the period prior to our move he was quick to reply to emails, phone calls and provided good information and reassurance.

We had huge problems on the moving date with our removal company and as we were moving a large distance it meant we ended up messing Reeds Rains around quite a bit. Hassan went beyond the call of duty to meet us at the property at 10.30pm, even on his day off.

He remained pleasant in person and provided us with all the information we needed - remarkable when the day had been so stressful - and even a bottle of wine. I can not speak highly enough of him, wow!

Comments on the Agents fees

“LOWER THAN LONDON, BUT STILL FRUSTRATINGLY HIGH!”