Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 940 ratings. This website contains 940 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

Offices / Branches

• 149 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Reeds Rains has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 32)

Page last updated on: 22-Dec-2014 13:57:56

1. A 5-star review by 'sandra douglas' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    2 Kingston Road (Willerby) (Willerby) (Yorkshire)
    Penelope Bayston
    HU10
    £73000

Penelope Bayston

Penny was always very pleasant,efficient and competent. It was a pleasure dealing with her. It is a pity other Estate Agents dont employ staff with the same attitude.

2. A 1-star review by 'GavinRedman' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    102 Market Street (Hyde) (Greater Manchester)
    Wendy , Gaynor

Wendy Gaynor

It was a pleasure dealing with both Wendy and Gaynor. When one was not available the other always knew where things were up to. Communication was quick prompt and friendly. I was buying the property as my first Buy to let and I have found the process stress free. I will be looking for another house in the next 6 -12 months and my first stop will be to ask them what they have on their books. Great service and very friendly

3. A 5-star review by 'leo roberts' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    102 Market Street (Hyde) (Greater Manchester)
    Property Management
    Jill speers

Jill speers

Jill provide an excellent service both in terms of feedback from viewings and actually securing the tenant. Jills prompt response and flexibility certainly helped .

4. A 1-star review by 'Lloyd100' 22/12/2014

Pam Hirst

Pam Hirst

Pam Hirst was instrumental in my purchase, she showed me round and sold the property to me.

Claire Ward was amazing she guilded me through the buying process and chased the solicitors up for me whom were very slow and incompletant, but she handled them well.

Stephen Parker at Ossett branch was great he organsed my mortgage and was able to get me the perfect deal and sort out all the lenders requirements because of this new MMR stuff.

Great performance all round.

Lloyd

5. A 5-star review by 'georgiapeakeseanturnbull' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    3 High Street East (Wallsend) (Tyne & Wear)
    Gemma Roper

Gemma Roper

All of the staff were absolutely incredible.

They worked so hard to complete our sale in a really small amount of time and were under a lot of pressure but still managed to constantly keep us updated and were constantly friendly and approachable.

When Gemma dealt with us - she was always polite, friendly and very professional. We were absolutely over the moon with our purchase and how hard Gemma worked at it.

I couldn't recommend Gemma, or the whole team at Wallsend Branch highly enough!

When Gemma handed us those keys we knew we had made the right choice in our new home, and the estate agents we had bought it through.

6. A 1-star review by 'Leeder100' 22/12/2014

Mike Storey

Mike Storey

I found your team to be friendly and professional in all of my dealings. Enquiries and questions were responded to promptly and honestly. The service I received was excellent.

Special mentions must go to Mike Storey for his help and assistance in supporting my mortgage application and Claire for her mediation with the vendor. Both were very personable, courteous and professional.

7. A 5-star review by 'Ailsa' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    23 Burnley Road (Todmorden) (West Yorkshire)
    Ol14
    £158000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The service given was, excellent. We were fully informed from start to finish and Kay made every effort to ensure things went smoothly. Photo's and brochure were excellent and the sale closed cleanly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“WOULD BE BETTER TO INCLUDE VAT WHEN GIVING FIGURE.”

8. A 5-star review by 'MrC' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    4 Bull Ring (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Samantha Saville
    WF4
    £475

Samantha Saville

I was guarantor, my father-in-law was moving from the East Coast to rented accommodation in Wakefield. Having never rented before or been a guarantor Sam covered what was required, she liased with their branch in F-I-L's home town so that he could take the required forms into their office for convenience.
    On moving day everything was made so much easier I signed the required forms in Wakefield, F-I-L signed his forms at his local branch after I went across to start the physical moving of items, my other half was then allowed to collect the keys from wakefield. This flexibility made it possible to move across in one day which wouldn't otherwise have been possible .

Comments on the Agents fees

“I THINK ONE OF THE FEES WAS A FEE FOR THE SAKE OF IT AND TOO HIGH AT £300 FOR WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN A 6 MONTHS RENTAL PERIOD, AS IS THE FEE TO START YOUR NEXT RENTAL PERIOD.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Dave' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    25 Grosvenor Road (Ripley) (Derbyshire)
    Rachel Quinn
    DE5
    £230000

Rachel Quinn

The service we received from Rachel was first class. Without her our stress levels would have gone through the roof.
    She kept us fully informed, throughout the sale, on all aspects, so we were fully aware of the delays and and reasons why. She also liaised closely with our solicitor too.
    It was a pleasure to deal with Rachel over the eight months from putting our house on the market to securing a buyer and finally moving.

10. A 5-star review by '-Riddoch' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    977 - 979 Ecclesall Road (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent service in difficult circumstances due to being away on holiday. Knowledgable,,professional and very quick to respond to messages or emails.

1. A 5-star review by 'binks100' 22/12/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

The service provided by Reeds Rains was good. What made it even better was from Hollie. She went above and beyond the average 'sorry, but no' response we received from all other agents we had contact with when trying to find a rental property that would allow us to rent with our 2 dogs.

Hollie was incredibly professional, and I believe that without her willingness to help and resourcefulness, my partner and I (along with our 2 dogs) would still be continuing our difficult property search.

Hollie was a credit to your team. Because of the way she handled our situation I would not hesitate in recommending her, and therefore Reeds Rains as a company, to other potential renters.

2. A 5-star review by 'fulton100' 22/12/2014

Cairn Morrison

Cairn Morrison

The Branch Manager, Cairn Morrison was very professional, patient, and helpful at explaining my options for marketing my property. I had very polite staff who felt with my queries, and a main contact person who was attentive to answer my questions.The sale was delayed for various reasons, which were out of Reeds Rains control, but my advisor acted very swiftly to keep me in the picture and keep the chain moving towards a date of completion. I was very impressed with her commitment and would definitely recommend the Morley Branch to anyone who wants a job done well and efficiently

3. A 5-star review by 'cousins100' 22/12/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

May we say that overall we were very pleased with the service we received. Your advice on the pre sale visit was spot on and as you know, our house was sold on the first day!! During the process, all your staff we contacted and met were very supportive especially Pam, Michael with Clare being our main contact . THANKYOU.

May we wish you all a very Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2015 Mike and Ann Cousins

4. A 5-star review by 'Amie93' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    16-18 Bull Green (Halifax) (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My viewing was arranged very quickly and the application was also processed very quickly and the staff were very helpful.

5. A 5-star review by 'smiffy8243' 22/12/2014

Branch:
    37 High Street (Burton-on-trent) (Burton-on-trent) (Staffordshire)
    Sue Wood

Sue Wood

Thankyou for all the support and updates from the team at Macclesfield. Sue Wood guided us every step of the way keeping us updated at all times. Paul Kozyra helped greatly with my financial planning with good clear advice.

6. A 5-star review by 'SMP' 22/12/2014

Sales (Prospective customer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Denny & Claire were extremely helpful in the process of moving my father-in-law from his bungalow to his rented flat. They both ensured that the process was smooth through regular updates re progress.

When it comes to eventually selling the bungalow, we will have no hesitation in bringing Reeds Rains into the management of that process too.

7. A 5-star review by 'John and Anne Woolridge' 21/12/2014

Branch:
    53 Church Street (Sutton-On-Hull) (Sutton-On-Hull) (North Lincolnshire)
    Beth Ehren
    HU8
    £58000

Beth Ehren

We received excellent service from all the staff in the branch. Beth and Reuben were especially helpful with advice and support, which was much appreciated as we don't live in the area and were selling the property on behalf of a relative. They were very good at keeping us up to date with how the sale was progressing and made the whole process a lot easier than anticipated.

8. A 5-star review by 'David B.' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    11 Stockport Road, (Marple) (Stockport) (Cheshire)
    SK6
    £258000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agents were straight on with selling the property and we had many viewings in the first couple of weeks with an offer within two weeks. We gave them keys and they showed the property when we were unable too.They kept in touch with both ourselves and the purchasers making the process easy and painless.

“VERY FAIR.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Marcus squires' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    68 Laughton Road (Dinnington) (Sheffield) (Aberdeen City)
    Liz Marsh
    S26
    £80000

Liz Marsh

If just like to thank Liz for all the fantastic work she has done for me over the last couple of months. From the beginning she has been nothing short of amazing. Right from putting my offer in she has been supportive and helpful. When things haven't been moving she has given me a phone call anyway and kept me up to date on every bit of the process. I will be arranging for some flowers to be delivered as a personal thank you. In the future with my buy to let properties there is nowhere else I will go to secure tenants and would rather pay a higher price to receive such a service. It has been consistent throughout the branch with Andrea and Georgina providing an equal service. Thank you so much.

10. A 4-star review by 'marqueeman1' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    508 Holderness Road (Hull) (Hull) (Aberdeen City)
    Becki

Becki

Becky was very good at keeping us updated on visits, offers and communicating frequently and efficiently. Very good customer skills.

1. A 5-star review by 'Holly Blackmore' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    Queens House 9 Micklegate (york) (York) (Yorkshire)
    Estelle Moorhouse
    Yo30

Estelle Moorhouse

I dealt with Estelle Moorhouse at Reeds Rains and based on her guidance and willingness to help I would definitely recommend Reeds Rains to friends and family and use them again in the future. As a first time buyer my knowledge of the buying process was very limited, however Estelle helped me get my perfect property by advising me what to do next and ensured I got the property I wanted.

2. A 5-star review by 'Olly H' 19/12/2014

Claire Errington

My property at Prestwick court went for an excellent price . The team and claire were very efficient. Claire was prompt with viewings and negotiated a good price. We are so happy.

3. A 5-star review by 'F Barnes' 19/12/2014

Claire Errington

Sold our property via Claire at the Haxby office. The valuation was spot on. We acheved the asking price and are very happy with the service.

4. A 5-star review by 'Danni Dickinson/Jeanette Hall' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    12 Wesley Stret (Castleford) (West Yorkshire)
    Jeanette Hall, Danni Dickinson
    WF10
    £475

Jeanette HallDanni Dickinson

We were looking for a new property and came across reed rains, from the initial stages of looking at different rental properties they were Jeanette was fantastic, they explained everything and were amazing and really helpful. When it came to signing and setting up our tenancy Danni was fantastic, everything was really explained in detail and any queries or question Danni was able to answer and we felt like we were in the hands of an experience professional. I would defiantly recommend Reed rains to Anyone!

5. A 5-star review by 'Julie Ridsdale' 19/12/2014

Branch:
    38 Market Street (Abergele) (Conwy)
    Lettings (as a Landlord)
    Mike
    LL22
    £620

Mike

I have had only brief involvement with Mike and colleagues at Reeds and Rains and my experience has of the team being efficient; focused and responsive. Good professional service warrants comment as a service less than that offered by Reeds and Rains had previously been accepted knowing it felt wrong. I am indeed glad to have popped in to Reeds and Rains office with the confidence and reassurance that the job in hand of achieving a rental with a smooth transition will be done by staff who work to a high standard.

6. A 5-star review by 'P J lackford' 18/12/2014

Branch:
    37-39 Church Street (Macclesfield) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    SK11
    £179950
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Reeds Rains were very helpful in helping sell our property from their initial visit through to completion. They kept us informed at all times of how things were progressing. We would certainly recommend the company and should we ever need to sell in the future would definitely use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“ACCEPTABLE. NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT WELL WORTH THE MONEY FOR DETAILS PROVIDED IN THEIR SALES LITERATURE AND ADVERTISING”

7. A 5-star review by 'Caroline G' 18/12/2014

Branch:
    25 Grosvenor Road (Ripley) (Derbyshire)
    Jen
    DE5
    £125000

Jen

As first time buyers we were very unsure of what the process of buying a house involves. From the first viewing of the property through to exchange, we found Reed Rains to be professional, friendly, flexible and altogether a pleasure to deal with. It hasn't been the smoothest sale due to some quirks of the property, but Jen was absolutely spot on in ensuring that communication was kept open, and was happy to deal with all of our problems.

The service we have received as buyers has been second to none, and I wouldn't hesitate to use Reeds Rains.

8. A 5-star review by 'Mr Brenton' 17/12/2014

Branch:
    12 Wesley Stret (Castleford) (West Yorkshire)
    Janine Robinson
    Wf10

Janine Robinson

Janine went above and beyond with personal service and professionalism when dealing with my sale and a difficult chain!. Janine chased and organised all the solicitors and stopped the chain from failing. Definitely use Reeds Rains again.

9. A 5-star review by 'David Jones' 17/12/2014

Branch:
    17-19 Commercial Street (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Ross Haigh
    194

Ross Haigh

I bought a house through reeds rains in halifax and it got sorted pretty quickly and my solicitor had trouble getting things sorted but reeds rains (ross haigh) helped a lot. Thanks guys

10. A 5-star review by 'liz and mike' 16/12/2014

Branch:
    226 London Road (Waterlooville) (Hampshire)
    po7
    £220000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

excellent service !! the whole experience was completely stress free. All the staff were polite and friendly without be over familiar. We were amazed how easy they made the whole process. They advised us at every turn and obtained the full asking price. Very happy with the company.

Comments on the Agents fees

“VERY COMPETITIVE WORTH EVERY PENNY”