FREE Valuation

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 1207 ratings. This website contains 1207 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

• Reeds Rains has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

• 156 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Page last updated on: 21-May-2015 19:31:01

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 41)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (Burnley) (Lancashire)
    Dawn Brooks, Kevin Twinney
    BB12
    £139950
    Dawn BrooksKevin Twinney

We received excellent customer service and advice from both Dawn and Kevin at the branch in Burnley. We were kept updated with the progress of our sale and the purchase of our new property regularly.

Kevin gave us fantastic advice on which mortgage to go for and we will defiantly be re-visiting him when we have come out of our fixed term in two years.

Dawn was so helpful on many accounts, however really assisted us on moving day as our solicitors were absolutely useless!

I would highly recommend the agents in particular the two members of staff at the Burnley office.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    88 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

As always, throughout the whole process of my Uncle's house sale, you have been extremely efficient.

Every single phone call I made was answered extremely courteously, friendly and helpful. I knew that when I was told my message would be passed on or someone would get back to me that it would happen. I was not disappointed once.
    I would particularly like to thank Michael Sutcliffe. He may not remember our first telephone conversation but, as an ex estate agent, I did. He was fantastic. One of the main reasons that Reeds Rains were instructed. There are so many people working in the customer services industry that really should not be there. I would also like to thank Cairn Morrison for his professionalism and personal touch at the beginning of the process. Faced with selling a property in which my uncle had been found dead only a short time earlier, having no experience of the area of Morley, I felt extremely reassured by him.
    Many thanks to all involved!!
    Kind regards
    Helen Chandler

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

YO31
    £175000
    Estelle Moorhouse

Many thanks, Estelle, for your sterling work in getting this one over the line. I hope to do business with you again in the near future and wouldn't hesitate to recommend your agency to friends and business contacts.

All the best,

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    88 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Mike Storey, Claire
    Mike StoreyClaire

I would add that the service I received from Michael and Clare was overall a positive experience. Having had the house on the market with another agent for over 1 year without ever receiving a telephone call from the marketing agent, the experience from Reeds Rains was complete opposite and kept in regular contact with me even when the market was slow around the Christmas 2014 period. Michael and Clare were both exceptionally helpful when I asked for anything and one couldn't ask for more. Indeed, they asked me if I needed help in an onward purchase and kept an eye on the market to see if they could match up for us, despite us being settled in rented accommodation. On the day of completion of sale both Clare and Michael were very helpful and informative to the end.

I would not hesitate in using your branch again - thank you!

Kind regards

Karen Cheetham

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    50 Nottingham Road (Eastwood) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Emma Clarke, Chloe Aram
    Ng16
    £225000
    Emma ClarkeChloe Aram

Fantastic experience in selling our property with Reeds Rains in Eastwood. Emma and Chloe helped us in what was an emotional move as we had lived in our house for 26 years. They answered our endless phone calls and queries and guided us through our sale even through the really stressful parts towards the end both were very calm and dealt with everything so professionally. Their communication between all parties was brilliant. I would recommend them to anybody! Thank you so much :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“WELL WORTH THE MONEY. WHEN DEALING WITH OTHER ESTATE AGENTS REEDS SEEM ON THE EXPENSIVE SIDE BUT WITH THE SERVICE YOU GET YOU CAN SEE WHY YOU PAY MORE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Ben Foster, Joanna Burnett
    £295000
    Ben FosterJoanna Burnett

I contacted various estate agents in Wilmslow in October 2013 when we were contemplating putting our house on the market. Ben visited and was very honest about his thoughts on price and any work we would have to do to get our house market ready.

In May 2014 we put the house on the market. We had an asking price offer on the first day, which unfortunately fell through 8 weeks later

After a slow summer and early autumn Ben and Jo were always at the end of the phone for my
    questions and my many queries.

Eventually we had an offer just before Christmas last year. This was not straightforward either.

From that moment on Jo worked hard with us, our solicitor and our buyers solicitors. She never once faltered in her help to achieve the final goal - an exchange and completion!

I would totally recommend the team of Ben and Jo to anyone who is deliberating on which estate agents to use. They are friendly, knowledgable and in no way money grabbing.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    53 Church Street (Sutton-On-Hull) (Sutton-On-Hull) (North Lincolnshire)
    HU8
    £595
    Sarah

Very pleased with the service I received from Reeds Rains in Sutton. They were helpful and got back to me with any queries I had straight away. I look forward to continuing good service from them.

8. 1
    person found this

A 4 -star review by ''

£1300
    Hassan

This is the second time we've used Reeds Rains to let our property. I used them the first time primarily because I felt confident in Hassan and that he was being honest and straight with us and taking the time to build a relationship. This helped a lot as we had never rented out a property before and Hassan was great in guiding us in what we needed to do.

Having successfully found us a first tenant, I had no hesitation in re-engaging Hassan to find our next one. Happily it only took a few weeks and they have now moved in without any hassle. This is particularly important for me as I am living in New Zealand at the moment.

All in all, I think Reeds Rains and Hassan in particular offer a very good service. And most importantly, I feel that Hassan is very trustworthy, something that is vital in any business relationship.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    36 Upper Parliament Street (Nottingham) (Nottingham) (Aberdeen City)
    ng16
    £600
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

excellent service ,very professional and friendly . spoke to a few agents but reeds rains came across as if they wanted to help and take away any pressures of finding tenants

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

No branch selected
    yo8
    £77250
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

The property i purchased was a repossessions with existing remnants whose first language was not english. There was also an issue with the property not being registered with the post office. Lynda was very helpful and professional thoughtout the whole process and I would be pleased to purchase through her again

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

YO30
    £184000
    Estelle Moorhouse

I would like to thank Estelle Moorhouse for her help and guidance throughout the process of myself and my partner buying our first home together. Estelle provided us with advice throughout the purchase constantly keeping us updated making it as stress free as possible.
    I would highly recommend Reeds Rains in York and would definitely use them again!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 4 -star review by ''

Hassan Mahmood, Hannah
    £1500
    Hassan MahmoodHannah

Hassan was our main contact person at Reeds Rains. He dealt with every aspect of our family's move to our new home from negotiating with the Landlord to handing over the keys. Initially it was somewhat difficult as two different agents were being used by the Landlord. Timing was always of the essence. We were able to make all the decisions we needed to before and during the the process leading up to signing formal tenancy agreements. This was achieved by the flexibility shown by the staff, especially when requesting several visits to the property to ensure everything suited and that all our furniture and household items would fit. The vetting process of ourselves as suitable tenants appeared to be long-winded but was in the end apparently necessary and dealt within an efficient manner.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    Maggie Wysocka, fiona edwards
    Wf8
    £165000
    Maggie Wysockafiona edwards

The staff at Pontefract were really helpful both in looking for a new house and finding new properties. They were very friendly and polite and could not do enough for us. I wish we could of sold our property with them as our estate agents Park Row are terrible. PR have not tried to help sell the house and only advertised on the net and in office.
    Many thanks to the staff at Pontefrct

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

sk9
    £900
    Hassan

I recently used Reeds Rains, Wilmslow for a tenant find and they provided a very efficient and professional service securing me a tenant at the rent I was looking to achieve by the date the property was first vacant. Despite one small glitch on the accounts, the service was seamless. I had one point of contact throughout, Hassan which was great for continuity and Hassan was super responsive and a pleasure to work with.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Carol Gibbons, Heather Cooper
    S43
    £525
    Carol GibbonsHeather Cooper

I was more than happy with the help I had, from my initial phone call to the branch. Carol was very helpful when I was completing the paperwork, and was very helpful from start to finish.

Heather met me at the property for the viewing. Like Carol she was very helpful and approachable. Was happy to answer any questions I had.

I also spoke to Natalie on the phone, who was also very helpful. They helped me and my son a lovely home.

I would definately recommend you to anyone who was searching for a property.

Thank you again to everyone who played a part in finding me a home.

I

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Susan Hannon
    yo31
    £168500
    Susan Hannon

Big thank you all round. I had previously had a purchase fall through and I was very nervous about bidding again. Sue helped me with the queries I had and I was able to get the sale completed and get the keys really quickly. I also used Tracy for the mortgage advice and the support I got was brilliant. Can't fault the service and would recommend the agent to everyone I know. Only wish we had used them for our house sale!
    Also used the company recommended for damp course work and they also have done a great job. Just a good service.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Ben Foster, Joanna Burnett
    sk9
    Ben FosterJoanna Burnett

From the very start to the cery end there was constant updates as to what was happening,the awareness of valuation was superb,liaison with all parties was maintained so everyone knew exacyly where they were up to

Any queries answered efficiently and within time limits stated

A superb office to use and made the sale for my elderly mother easy.

Comments on the Agents fees

“EVERYTHING WAS EXPLAINED IN FULL RIOR TO UNDERTAKING THE TRANSACTION”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    50 Nottingham Road (Eastwood) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    Chloe Aram, Emma Clarke
    NG16
    £140000
    Chloe AramEmma Clarke

Unbelievable service and tenacity to get things done. I was never left disappointed by their willingness to help, not only telling me what I wanted to hear but backing up wha they said with positive action!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    53 Church Street (Sutton-On-Hull) (Sutton-On-Hull) (North Lincolnshire)
    hu7
    Sarah

sarah was brilliant she could not do enough to help she is friendly polite and very prompt i have had a couple of minor issues which she has dealt with very quick 10/10

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Reeds Rains House, Brookfield Business Park, Brookfield Road (Cheadle) (Cheshire)
    andrea hague
    ST7
    £495
    andrea hague

On several occasions situations/problems have arisen with the property or the tenants that has needed solving. On each occasion Andrea has responded quickly to fully resolve the the issue in a friendly and professional way always providing me with feedback. EG Re-signing contracts, arranged an engineer to repair the heating within a day, when it failed, to arranging for the gardener to visit.
    Any delay is caused by the tenants who are Polish and do not speak English apart from their daughter who is not always the easiest person to deal with. There have been many more times I have needed Andrea's help and she has always come up with the goods.
    Regards

Comments on the Agents fees

“HIGH, COULD BE A LOWER.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 - 18 Moorgate Street (Rotheram) (South Yorkshire)
    Richard
    s60
    £130000
    Richard

I would like to express my deep gratitude to Renee and Richard for their excellent support during the process of selling my property - they were very supportive during the process and communicated very well during the process. I have no doubt that I would recommend Renee to anyone who wishes to sell their property. I completed in less than 6 weeks - no doubt due to the efficient efforts of Renee.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    Julie Sumner
    WF8
    £385
    Julie Sumner

We both found the staff at Pontefract branch, and in particular Julie to be very helpful, supportive and efficient.
    Regards,
    Gill & Frank

Comments on the Agents fees

“WE CONSIDERED THE FEES TO BE ACCEPTABLE, APART FROM THE TERMINATION FEE, WHICH IS SOMETHING OF AN UNFAIR PENALTY.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Whitworth West (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    Kate Muir
    M11
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Kate Muir

Customer service here is terrible. We arranged a viewing for 10:00 and were travelling over from Sheffield. They never turned up. We waited and called them at. 10:10 and were told they were 5 mins away. We phoned again 20 mins later and were told they were trying to contact Kirstie and would call us back. They never did. We called back again at 10:50 and were told they had lost our mobile number then that they hadn't contacted the tenants and couldn't get access as they had the wrong gate code?? At all time we felt different excuses were being made up and the staff didn't care about our frustration of travelling over and then wasting our time sitting there for an hour. There was no apology and we left it that Kirstie would phone us back later in the day to re-arrange a new time while we were over in manchester but we never got a call back. Worst customer service we've had. I will not contact them in again in the future.

What could Reeds Rains do to change your mind??

“Been more helpful, kept in touch and turned up. If there was a problem they should have been honest from the start and informed us.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Heather Cooper
    S18
    £800
    Heather Cooper

My wife and I were completely undecided whether to rent our cottage and made several lengthy visits to Chesterfield Reeds Rains before making up our minds. We thought we may have been a nuisance as we kept on asking questions. Nothing could be far from the truth, Heather was patient, professional and very informative. Eventually she made a visit to our cottage and gave us a valuation of the rent chargeable and the setting up fees etcetera. We agreed to go on the market and after filling forms in, setting up insurances, management details, various legal requirements, advertising took place. In a very short space in time tenants were secured.
    Heather still continues regular informative contacts with us (and visits) and will make sure we have no concerns. If there is a query Heather will always contact us quickly.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE COTTAGE WAS PLACE ON THE MARKET AFTER AGREEING THE AGENTS FEES. THE FEES NEARED THE PROPOSED MONTHLY RENT WHICH WAS FINE EXPECTING A WAIT OF A FEW MONTHS AT LEAST FOR PROSPECTIVE TENANTS. HOWEVER, REEDS RAINS SECURED A TENANT WITHIN DAYS OF PLACING ON THE MARKET - THAT WAS FANTASTIC. I INITIALLY THOUGHT THE FEES WERE NOW EXPENSIVE BUT WITH HINDSIGHT THE FEES WERE VERY REASONABLE AS A SECURE AND RELIABLE INCOME WAS QUICKLY PUT IN PLACE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (Burnley) (Lancashire)
    Rachel Tuley, Sarah
    Rachel TuleySarah

I have just bought a house using Reids Rains and dealt with Rachel and Sarah, but no matter who i spoke to at Reid Reigns the team were always more than willing to help, polite and always delivered first class service and outstanding high levels of both customer care and efficiency when liaising between the Vendor and myself.
    Excellent Job Rachel & Sarah and all the team at Reids Rains!
    Outstanding, efficient service would highly recommend!!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    12 Wesley Stret (Castleford) (West Yorkshire)
    Danni Dickinson, Rebecca
    WF10
    £123000
    Danni DickinsonRebecca

From the very moment we put our house on the market with Reeds Rains I felt we had made the right decision. Rebecca was very professional but also friendly when coming to value our property. Danni then took over the sale and all I can say is that she was fantastic, she really took our property on as her own. She was in constant contact with me regarding viewings, feedback and potential buyers. I also felt that I could contact her with any queries I had and could have an honest and frank conversation with her. We wanted to sell the property within a year and for a certain price and Danni made sure we were in that timescale and were getting the right price without being pushy to potential buyers. We finally completed the sale of our property on 28th April 2015, nearly 9 months after it went on the market. All the staff at Reeds Rains provided excellent service if Danni wasn't available which made sure that I could still be up to date. I would highly recommend this company for selling a property and would definitely use them again.

Comments on the Agents fees

“REEDS RAINS FEES ARE MAYBE SLIGHTLY MORE THAN MOST BUT FOR ME DANNI EARNED EVERY PENNY OF THOSE FEES, WITHOUT HER TENACIOUS ATTITUDE WE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MOVE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    29 Wategate Street (Chester) (Cheshire)
    Katie - Ruth Staniec
    M31
    £850
    Katie - Ruth Staniec

Katie has been a pleasure to deal with. I live overseas and feel that with Katie looking after my property, it is in very capable hands. She responds promptly and details well queries and issues with my property. She also has a lovely, professional email manner.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    713 Wilmslow Road (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Katie-Ruth Staniec
    M20
    £750
    Katie-Ruth Staniec

Very efficient handling of maintenance issue and prompt handling as well as correspondence.
    I do some times think that the tenants should share the cost of maintenance as they are the ones who use / abuse things - but this is something outside the good service provided by my estate agents.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    12 Wesley Stret (Castleford) (West Yorkshire)
    Danni Dickinson
    Wf10
    Danni Dickinson

The sales negotiator, Danni Dickinson handled our sale purchase in a truly professional manner, her communication skills were excellent throughout and would certainly be happy to work with or alongside Danni again in the future.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 4 -star review by ''

Katie
    wa9
    £425
    Katie

We have dealt with various people in the maintenance department, and it has to be said the service was awful. No one chased things up or kept us informed when there were issues with the house and 8 months down the line, we were still waiting for Reeds Rains to organise contractors to do the work. Within a couple of weeks of Katy taking over as our agent, contractors had visited the property, quoted and done some of the work needed. Katy was very efficient but above all, kept us fully up to date with everything we needed to know. Very proffestional and a really nice girl.