Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 based on 757 ratings. This website contains 757 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

Offices / Branches

• 144 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Reeds Rains has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 26)

Page last updated on: 31-Oct-2014 17:27:01

1. A 5-star review by 'Stefan Round' 31/10/2014

£595

Chloe Aram

Chloe has been an immense help throughout this process, and having acquired a bad tenant her attitude, commitment and support has been first class. Throughout this process the tenant has been late with rent payments, but having Chloe involved has been reassuring and I've had confidence in getting the problems resolved.

Furthermore her knowledge of the legal issues has again been first class, throughout the period where the tenant was moving out where again I encountered problem after problem, she has always provided me with the best advice and with my interests at the top of her agenda, in summary I would suggest she is an asset to her business.

2. A 4-star review by 'Jo Blake' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    14 High Street (Congleton) (Cheshire)
    Cheryl Fox
    cw12
    £800

Cheryl Fox

Cheryl did an excellent job of keeping us informed of proceedings and answered all our questions quickly. She explained everything well and made sure we enjoyed a problem free move highly recommended:)

3. A 5-star review by 'Ellen' 31/10/2014

Rebecca Todd, Claire Cleveland
    HU9

Rebecca ToddClaire Cleveland

I have had to deal with Reeds Rains quite a lot over the last few months due to buying and hopefully selling through them, all the girls are very friendly and chatty, they have gone out of there way to help me, Lisa Bland got me the perfect mortgage, Becky & Claire helped me the best they could to make sure I got the property I needed/wanted and it worked as I now have the perfect home, I have also had contact with Jacky as she valued my house and is hoping to get it on the market soon if it was left to Reeds it would be sold already but divorce is always awkward lol. They are a great team and seem to work together really well, the only issue I had was with the solicitors (as usual they get paid to much for to little) Thanks Girls your Great.

4. A 5-star review by 'NewToThis' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    4 Bull Ring (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Admin
    David Jessey
    WF10
    £115

David Jessey

The Agent was helpful polite and informative, The information given about Reeds Rains services that i wasn't aware they provided allowed me to get a great deal on my Life insurances. I now feel that my family is protected should the worst happen.

Thanks

Comments on the Agents fees

“THIS WAS A LIFE INSURANCE APPOINTMENT.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Elaine Rotrs-Mitchell' 31/10/2014

Branch:
    25 Grosvenor Road (Ripley) (Derbyshire)
    Rachel Quinn
    DE5
    £230000

Rachel Quinn

Having viewed the property and showed my interest , I was advised that another prospective purchaser had put in an offer and been accepted. I then went on holiday and received an email from Rachel to advise that the buyer had found another property and wanted to know if I was still interested. A price was negotiated and accepted and Rachel began the necessary paperwork to go to my solicitors. The process stated ok but further down the chain there were continual holdups. My own estate agents did very little chasing up and Rachel was battling with others in the chain to get as much information as to what the holds up were and was keeping more in touch than my own estate agents. I cannot fault her manner and drive in trying to achieve completion . I would not hesitate to recommend the firm and Rachel for their drive and thoroughness for their clients.

6. A 5-star review by 'Jean Antat' 30/10/2014

Branch:
    12 Moorside Road (Heaton Moor) ( SWtockport) (Cheshire)
    Lauren Bowden
    M19

Lauren Bowden

I currently have two properties on the market with Reeds Rains and I have found there service outstanding. I recently sold one of the two properties and Lauren could not do enough for me as nothing was ever to much for her, from dealing with difficult situations and keeping me up to date with everything as I have not been through this process in a very long time.

7. A 5-star review by 'L & B' 29/10/2014

Chloe Aram

From the first contact with Chloe she as been amazing, the time and her sales ability's are 110% to look after the buyer and the seller.

I have recommended 2 more clients over to Chloe, giving Chloe a glowing report.

8. A 5-star review by 'J Jones' 29/10/2014

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Sam Wilson
    Wf5
    £107000

Sam Wilson

The branch were very friendly and professional. They handled all the viewings and I left the keys with them with complete confidence.

9. A 5-star review by 'wilcock100' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    88 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Claire

Claire

I have found all the staff at Morley to be friendly and knowledgable. Claire in particular has dealt with all requests for information etc quickly and efficiently.

10. A 3-star review by 'daverossy98@tiscali.co.uk' 28/10/2014

Hello there,

Just a bit of feedback on our recent house sale.

Great communication, lots of advice given and plenty of feedback greatly appreciated while on the delicate path to selling a house. All done efficiently and without any fuss. Lead time from first contacting Reeds Rains to completion was about eight weeks. We had been with another agent prior to RR, with poor
    communication and a general lack of care - note to self - don't pay up front fees and expect good service.

The guys and girls at RR achieved more in two
    months than agent number on did in almost a year!

Rock on Reeds Rains! In
    other words, many thanks for steering us through an unusual and sometimes
    complicated process. I would definitely recommend doing business with the
    friendly staff at Reeds Rains in Hyde.

Many thanks again.

1. A 5-star review by 'Mowat100' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    88 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Brad , Claire

Brad Claire

Our house took some time to sell, through no fault of R.R. In that time, Brad, who, unsurprisingly, is now a manager, was outstanding in his customer communication skills and willingness to explain things. Subsequently, Claire, particularly, and Cairn were instrumental in seeing the job to completion, ably assisted by Pam on viewings. The only hiccups occurred when info. sometimes needed to be passed to the Morley office from Central Office (HQ) : it didn't always happen. Overall a very positive experience.

2. A 5-star review by 'Gary Byfield' 28/10/2014

Branch:
    1 Finkle Street (Selby) (York) (North Yorkshire)
    Linda , Alison
    YO89
    £142500

Linda Alison

Very professional marketing. Feed back from viewings was prompt.
    General communication was very good and prompt. Any prrecommendwere delt with speedily, esp from Linda and Alison. Would recommend..

3. A 5-star review by 'Will rider' 28/10/2014

Jill speers
    sk16
    £425

Jill speers

Very hopeful and gave excellent service. Would deal with this estate agency again without fail. Great asset to the company.

4. A 5-star review by 'David Townley' 27/10/2014

Myles
    SK14
    £140000

Myles

Hi Wendy

I would like to say a big thank you to Myles and all the staff at the Reeds Rains office in Hyde. The service I received from you in selling my late Mother's property was without doubt first class.
    I was very pleased that you sold the property very quickly and for the asking price, the service you gave me was professional and friendly and could not be faulted in any way.
    I would without doubt recommend Reeds Rains to anybody in the knowledge that they will receive the same excellent service I was given.

5. A 5-star review by 'Mark' 27/10/2014

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Heather Cooper, Carol Gibbons
    S41
    £900

Heather CooperCarol Gibbons

Great impression from initially Heather who visited the property and then from Carol in the office, all questions and situations were handled effctively and quickly.
    great team!

6. A 4-star review by 'Mr Berry' 27/10/2014

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    Julie Sumner, Maggie Wysocka
    WF7
    £575

Julie SumnerMaggie Wysocka

After a long time on the market for sale, I decided to move to letting the property and have to say the process was painless and very quick and my first tenant is now in. The rent indemnity product is also very good. Would not hesitate to recommend.

7. A 5-star review by 'Terry Garnett' 26/10/2014

Kimberly Raines
    HU9
    £365

Kimberly Raines

I am very happy with the way in which the team deal with me as a customer. Staff were ver friendly, helpful and professional. I am considering using RR for all my portfolio.

THANKYOU

Terry Garnett

Comments on the Agents fees

“IF YOU PAY BUTTONS YOU DONT GET A GOOD SERVICE. THIS WAS NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT IS A GREAT SERVICE. WORTH THE MONEY”

8. A 5-star review by 'Jane Eroglu' 26/10/2014

Nicki Cooper, Chloe Aram
    £157000

Nicki CooperChloe Aram

Sadly I did not use Reeds Rains for my own property sale but fortunately my vendors did!!!! Being in a chain of 3 properties there are different solicitors and estate agents involved. NONE of them have lived up to expectations except for the Eastwood branch of Reeds Rains, they have exceeded ALL expectations. The team at this branch have been extremely MOTIVATED, DETERMINED & SUPPORTIVE in every way possible! My sincerest thanks to Nicki & Chloe, not only do these ladies deserve recognition for the amount of time and effort they have put into this move but in my opinion a well deserved bonus from their management, staff like these need to be taken care of. As I value these ladies so much for what they have done and continue to do I feel that more than thanks are in order, I feel an early Christmas treat coming on!

9. A 1-star review by 'noneofyour business' 26/10/2014

No branch selected
    wn5
    £475
    Would you use the agent again? No

disgusting customer service
    forced to give up bond, threatened with legal action by harrassing landlord
    no contact with office when requested
    no inventory done before we moved in, we got blamed for small jobs that needed doing
    when we moved out we was told we had done serious damage to the property to which reeds rains defended the landlord and refused to help us.
    reeds rains did not help us any step of the way and had a snotty attitude towards us on the rare occasion i got contact from them.
    once we gave up the bond through fear of legal action (i have a serious medical condition, brought on by stress which i avoid) its obvious that reeds rains havent checked the house. dangerous oven still in place, partially painted bedroom, and jobs he claimed money for NOT done. Reeds Rains obviously havent checked the property AGAIN for the next tenants
    reiterate: DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE

Comments on the Agents fees

“TOO EXPENSIVE DAYLIGHT ROBBERY PAYING FOR \"ADMIN FEES\" WHEN THE AGENTS OBVIOUSLY DONT DO THEIR JOBS PROPERLY”

What could Reeds Rains do to change your mind??

“support us with our issues impartial support to both landlord and tenant, not just landlord inventory to be done on EVERY house regardless of landlords requests consistant contact with agent and offices and keep promises of call backs and contact”

10. A 5-star review by 'Peter Daniels' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    2 The Crescent (Cheadle) (Greater Manchester)
    shirley thomson
    m23
    £105000

shirley thomson

Shirley was very helpful and always kept me informed of stages throughout selling my house, also polite and always returned my calls when I had a query.
    She made the selling of my house go smoothly.

Big thank you Shirley from Peter Daniels

1. A 5-star review by 'V. Buckley' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    12 Moorside Road (Heaton Moor) ( SWtockport) (Cheshire)
    Jess Osborne
    Sk4

Jess Osborne

Having recently purchased a flat in Heaton Moor through Jessica at Reeds Rains, I can only say what a positive experience it has been.

Jessica was extremely professional and helpful throughout the whole process. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she was always on hand to guide and negotiate the sale through to completion.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Reeds Rains and would definitely instruct them in any future property transactions.

2. A 5-star review by 'Jake' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    10 Saville Street (Malton) (York) (Yorkshire)
    Karen Gill
    YO17
    £595

Karen Gill

I rented a property through Reeds Rains and was impressed by the service I received. I dealt with Karen Gill and from submitting my application to move in she was very helpful informative and professional thrughout the transaction.

3. A 4-star review by 'ChrisB' 24/10/2014

Branch:
    420 Reddish Road (Reddish) (Stockport) (Greater Manchester)
    Patrick Brown
    SK5
    £700

Patrick Brown

Experience in respect of finding a tenant has been very positive, with a pro-active and enthusiastic approach to marketing the property and regular updates as to progress.

No experience of the management service as yet.

Comments on the Agents fees

“SEEM IN LINE WITH THE MARKET.”

4. A 3-star review by 'fz' 24/10/2014

Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very polite, well spoken lovely people. Lacked communication within the team in the office this gave feeling of unorganisation.

5. A 5-star review by 'Mr Andy waller' 24/10/2014

Rebecca Todd, Steven Goforth
    Hu8
    £73000

Rebecca ToddSteven Goforth

I really do not have anything negative to say about the staff at the holderness road branch . Initially I received a valuation from the branch manager Steven. He was extremely thorough explaining how they would advertise the property, he was enthusiastic and professional and it was Stevens manor which ultimately made my choose reeds rains over other local agents. Throughout the period I of sale which is approximately 6 months I have had contact with several members of staff all of which have been nothing shirt of excellent. Prior to the sale I was supplied with regular updates on progress. I... (read more)

6. A 4-star review by 'SDP' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    33 Whitworth West (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Emily Perrin
    M5
    £117950

Emily Perrin

After some initial teething troubles, the service and professionalism Emily provide was great. My tenant was difficult, rude, borderline aggressive, obstructive and uncooperative. Throughout the final days of the tenancy she provided accurate advice, was persistent and professional and ensured the tenancy ended in a way that met my needs.

7. A 5-star review by 'quasid' 23/10/2014

Branch:
    17-19 Commercial Street (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Matthew
    hx1
    £420000

Matthew

the service provided was excellent, Matthew was really helpful in going through the process and all options where gone through. would love to deal with Matthew again and the estate agency.

8. A 4-star review by 'Vicki Dean' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    WF7
    £197000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Always sound happy and enthusiastic when answering the telephone. Always happy to help and deal with any queries I have had in regards to selling our house and with the purchase of another property.

Have offered me help and advice and have explained things fully if I have not understood the process.

9. A 5-star review by 'Melissa&Ryan' 22/10/2014

Branch:
    4 Bull Ring (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Louise Moyles
    WF2
    £415

Louise Moyles

The staff at Reeds Rains where very welcoming and helpful from the minute we walked through the door. They helped us find a place to suit our needs and took time to listen to us as this was our first time to rent a house together as a couple. I would recommend Reeds Rains to everyone for their great costumer service and quick service to get you moved in a soon as they can. Louise Moyles from the Wakefield branch was a brilliant woman, very helpful and quick to answer any questions we had. overall the team are fantastic and think that everyone should go to them!

10. A 5-star review by 'Nat' 21/10/2014

Branch:
    33 Whitworth West (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Laura Croft
    M15
    £120000

Laura Croft

Laura and her colleagues were most helpful during the purchase of this property. My queries were always answered within good time and I felt like a valued customer. The stressful process of buying a house was made easier my Laura's efficiency. Many thanks.