...left to get your reviews in for the 2015 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

FREE Valuation

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 based on 1407 ratings. This website contains 1407 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

• Reeds Rains has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

• 166 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Page last updated on: 28-Aug-2015 14:23:07

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 47)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Samantha Russell
    WF1
    £450
    Samantha Russell

As we had very close timescale, our house move was particularly stressful. However, Sam was very reassuring and knowledgeable and kept me calm, helping me through the administrative process. I was treated with friendly courtesy whenever I called in or telephoned the branch. Every member of staff I had dealings with was approachable and helpful. Hand over and signing up straightforward. Since moving in we have had a couple of "glitches", these have been dealt with immediately and simply resolved. I firmly believe that the measure of a company's rating is how they react when you need them. Sam and the team at Reeds Rains were excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    39 Cinque Port Street (Rye) (East Sussex)
    Lydia Turk
    TN31
    £850
    Lydia Turk

Lydia made the process of renting so easy and straightforward; she always answered my calls and emails straight away or rang me back as soon as possible. Very friendly and reassuring with regards to all of my queries.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Samantha Saville, Joanne Deakin
    WF4
    £74000
    Samantha SavilleJoanne Deakin

From the start the agents were very professional but friendly. They provided an excellent service and kept in touch through each stage of the sale. We are very happy that we used Reeds Rains and would recommend them to others.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Carol Gibbons, Heather Cooper
    s42
    £425
    Carol GibbonsHeather Cooper

We had been advertising the property with another agent in Chesterfield for 3 months with no joy except for time wasters, Carol got in touch to introduce Reeds Rains and within the week we had a viewing and a tenant ready to move in. The service we have had from both Carol and Heather has been excellent, very though and professional. I would recommend Reeds Rains to any other landlords in the area

Comments on the Agents fees

“WHILST THE FEES CHARGED WERE A LITTLE MORE THAN THE PREVIOUS AGENT I FEEL IT WAS WELL WORTH THE EXTRA FOR THE LEVEL OF SERVICE WE HAVE RECEIVED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    5 Ack Lane East (Bramhall) (Stockport) (Cheshire)
    Barbora Wilmot, Mark Butt
    SK8,
    £574000
    Barbora WilmotMark Butt

Everyone was very helpful and kept us uptodate throughout the whole process. Staff very flexible ane face to face meetings out of hours to suit us not a problem at all

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  6. A 5 -star review by ''

Louise Moyles, Samantha Russell
    WF4
    £575
    Louise MoylesSamantha Russell

Louise first showed us around the property early in the morning. The property had only JUST gone on and we were lucky enough to be the first to respond. Louise and all concerned were VERY quick in arranging and sorting all the details when we said we wanted the property and went well beyond the call of duty. Samantha sorted out all the paperwork on signing, again efficient and explained what was required.

Overall it has been a very pleasant experience and i would NOT hesitate to give my referral of Reeds Rains and its excellent staff. Well Done and Thank You.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I GUESS EVERYONE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FEES AS £300 IS QUITE A HIT WHEN ADDED TO THE £1250 FOR THE DEPOSIT AND FIRST MONTHS RENT. I ON THE OTHER HAND PREFER THE EXPERTISE THAT REEDS RAINS SHOWED AND THE TRUST I CAN HAVE THAT ALL WAS DONE PROFESSIONALLY. IT ALSO HELPS THAT REEDS RAINS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR MANY YEARS, I MEAN I CAN REMEMBER THEM AS A KID, AND I AM 49 NOW.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Chimes 23 Campo Lane (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    S1
    £130000
    James Holding

I accepted an offer from a buyer who was difficult and who had a solicitor who was inexperienced & never around. The sale was far from smooth but the determination and professionalism of the agent (James) was immense and without his doggedness, organisational skills and communication then the sale could (a) lasted forever, (b) fallen through. Every time I called, he knew the latest status without having to look it up. My solicitor found out more from him than from contacting the buyers agent. Not sure I want to buy/sell ever again, but if I did I would like him involved again.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    25 Grosvenor Road (Ripley) (Derbyshire)
    Jen Davies
    de5
    £108000
    Jen Davies

Jennifer was excellent to work with. She has a vast amount of local knowledge. She kept me informed of all updates on the sale my house. I tried other estate agents but struggled to sell my house and to get people in through the front door. I was recommended Reeds rains, and they sold my house within weeks. I will defiantly be selling my property through reeds rains next time. It is refreshing to get a helpful and friendly estate agent. 10 out of 10.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Hannah Davies
    WF12
    £150000
    Hannah Davies

Hannah was extremely polite and very much on the ball. She introduced herself quickly once we had signed up to Reeds Reins and kept us up to date every step of the way. She had a great positive outlook and nothing was too much trouble for her. Hannah was always quick to answer any questions and got back to us quickly with any information

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 - 18 Moorgate Street (Rotheram) (South Yorkshire)
    Richard , Renee
    S65
    £72000
    Richard Renee

An excellent service was provided by Reeds Rains. I moved out of my property due to moving area through marriage. After the valuation I received an offer for my property within a month, and due to an effective marketing strategy, I had quite a lot of interest in the property. Due to living in Halifax at this time, I was unable to show anyone around the property so it was left to the agent to show perspective buyers around and during this time, I did receive a few offers. The overall sales time from the house going on the market to completion was 7 months. However, this was more due to me delaying and potentially a sales deal (subject to contract)l could have been agreed within the first month because the final sales price was around the price of the first offer. All of the staff at the Rotherham branch were professional, friendly and approachable.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Finkle Street (Selby) (York) (North Yorkshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I carefully selected Reeds Rains in Selby as my Agent of choice to rent out my property and am so pleased I did. I found all members of staff to be polite, friendly & knowledgeable and was delighted that they found me a tenant so quickly. The whole process was quick and efficient and I was kept informed throughout. I would not hesitate to recommend this Estate Agent to anyone thinking of selling or renting their property. Special thanks to Alison Wood for all her efforts and updates.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  13. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    Reeds Rains House, Brookfield Business Park, Brookfield Road (Cheadle) (Cheshire)
    Suzanne Lamb, Mia Bradley
    SK7
    £750
    Suzanne LambMia Bradley

I have only recently been assisted by Suzanne Lamb and Mia Bradley and they have been efficient and helpful. However my experience with Reeds Rains over the years has been very poor indeed. I have complained on numerous occasions but nothing changes. You keep changing my account manager without any notification. I only find out when I have to chase unanswered emails and then I am told that my account manager has moved on and I should contact someone else. Why should I have to do the chasing? It is up to you to inform me and introduce my new account manager to me. Also when my tenant does not pay the full rent there is no warning and I have to contact you to find out what is going on. Last month the income was down and I had to query this. I was told that this was due to an administrative error by Reeds Rains. No warning, no apology and one has yet told me when he difference will be made up. Shocking service, but what I have come to expect from Reed Rains.

“See above.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    68 Laughton Road (Dinnington) (Sheffield) (Aberdeen City)
    georgina strutt
    S25
    £351
    georgina strutt

The property I sold through Reeds Rains was a rental property run through a management company. Georgina Strutt went that extra mile for me and my solicitor collecting information from the management company as and when it was needed - luckily it is on the same road as Reeds Rains.
    It was always a pleasure to ring Georgina up for updates and nothing was too much trouble for her.
    I would definitely recommend Reeds Rains at Dinnington and will use them agin when I sell/buy my next property in that area and will ask for Georgina to be my agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    508 Holderness Road (Hull) (Hull) (Aberdeen City)
    HU9
    £63000
    BECKY TODD

Sold a property with this branch in August 2015, an excellent service from all staff from start to finish with a special thanks to Becky, without whom the chain would have collapsed.

Our buyer, the second viewing, was pro-actively found by the branch and we had an offer within four weeks of going on the market, nearby properties of the same nature generally take much longer. The sales and negotiation service was excellent, sales materials and web updates were exceptional quality

During conveyancing, the new build home builder at the top of the chain threatened the process through a... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    24 Beastfair (Pontefract) (West Yorkshire)
    fiona edwards
    WF8
    £125000
    fiona edwards

The service provided by Fiona Edwards and the rest of the Reeds Rains team at Pontefract was first class. They were informative, knowledgeable, attentive and very professional. The viewings they generated for our property was outstanding and we had a sale within one week. We would definitely use them again and recommend them to any potential seller.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    37-39 Church Street (Macclesfield) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Excellent advice and service from the time we decided to rent out our Apartment.
    We were kept fully informed at all times.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Taylor
    DH9
    £550
    Emma Taylor

I had some damage to my property after the tenants moved out and I need to claim some of the security deposit. Emma my agent advised me on the process and kept me up to date. The thought of starting the claim was very daunting, but was made very easy by Emma. She was extremely helpful and was always very prompt returning my emails. I would defiantly recommend 5*.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Kingston Road (Willerby) (Willerby) (Yorkshire)
    Penny , sarah ferguson
    HU15
    £222500
    Penny sarah ferguson

Both Penny and Sarah were extremely helpful from our initial inquiry, getting the right price, to the day we picked up the keys to our new home.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    14 High Street (Congleton) (Cheshire)
    Cheryl Fox Fox
    cw12
    £950
    Cheryl Fox Fox

We have been impressed with the help and support we have received from Cheryl at branch and she understood our requirements from the beginning and helped us find a house that is perfect for us. Really good service and very professional thank you for all the help.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  21. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    98 Park Road (Timperley) (Timperley) (Greater Manchester)
    Sales (Prospective customer)
    WA15
    Would you use the agent again? No

We were shocked that the valuation by Reeds Reins was £40k less than the 2 other valuations we received. Had this been the only valuation we may have lost out on a lot of money. We actually sold for much more than the Reeds Reins valuation. We felt like our house was being undervalued in order for a quick sale. Our own research told us it was worth a lot more given other sales prices in the area.

What could Reeds Rains do to change your mind??

“Agent was friendly but we felt our house was undervalued for a quick sale.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Carr Lane (Acomb) (York) (Yorkshie)
    Lettings (Prospective customer)
    YO24
    £595
    Would you use the agent again? No

I arranged to view a property. Estate turned up late when office only round the corner. She didn't introduce herself so I still don't know her identity. I decided I wanted the property, so phoned their office at 4.30 - no answer ! , so I left a message. Next day, called into Micklegate office and told them I wanted to apply for property. *oh , that would be our Acomb branch , not this one. they use a different system to us , I will ring them and get them to email us an application form" She printed this out for me. The form was a ridiculous and frustrating design ... I could... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    32 Alderley Road ( ) (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    Joanna Burnett
    Sk9
    £291500
    Joanna Burnett

We chose reeds rains as they were the most organised & professional, yet friendly agents who valued our house. They had a list of buyers in mind before our house even hit the market & we had viewings booked as soon as it went on. We sold very quickly but didn't find anywhere to go straight away. In this time Jo kept in contact but was in no way pushy. She got answers to any questions we had promptly & kept us in the loop. We found their service highly professional & wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    12 Wesley Stret (Castleford) (West Yorkshire)
    Danni Dickinson
    WF10
    Danni Dickinson

The purchase of our house took some time, and throughout this process, I was in regular contact with Danni at Reeds Rains. From our first viewing through to exchange and completion, Danni was amazing. She was extremely helpful and always went above and beyond to assist us in any way she could at each stage of the purchase. Her professionalism and the level of customer care she provided were excellent and we are very grateful for all her help and support - thanks again Danni!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Tracey Wathall
    S43
    Tracey Wathall

Tracey was always patient and unfailingly cheerful. She explained what we had to do when the solicitor (or more to the point her clerk) was less than helpful. Tracey helped us through an unfamiliar experience at a very stressful time.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Hannah Davies, samantha wilson
    Wf5
    £125000
    Hannah Daviessamantha wilson

We sold and bought our house through Reeds Rains and they were fantastic from start to finish. Chris and Sam from their sales team were so proactive and sold our house for the full asking price within a week of them doing the valuation and before the brochure even went online! We were also extremely happy with our buying experience. Hannah and the rest of the team were so helpful and ensured that the process ran as smoothly as possible. We genuinely couldn't be happier with the service we received.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE VERY SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN ONE OF THE OTHER LOCAL AGENTS BUT YOU CERTAINLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  28. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Chimes 23 Campo Lane (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    S2
    £136000
    James Holding

James kept us informed at every stage of the proceedings which were not without its difficulties, he was always available to help and answer any questions/ queries we had, I found him to be very professional and proactive in dealing with a difficult purchase.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 2 -star review by ''

Branch:
    32 Alderley Road ( ) (Wilmslow) (Cheshire)
    Ben Foster, Joanna Burnett
    SK91
    £270000
    Ben FosterJoanna Burnett

Ben was very professional and we did feel like we had a good service initially, negotiated a good price on the house.

But then Ben stepped away and Jontook over.

Reeds rains were the most expensive if estate agents that we looked at. We were convinced by Ben that they have fewer properties to sell so thr service is better.

We had issues with our buyers as most people do. And had a situation where it felt like out estate agent was on the side of the buyer, not properly managing the buyer and instead saying that they feel like the middle man.

Even a few days before we are expected to complete, they ring up asking when is it you complete again??? Would not let them sell a can of coke for me.

Incredibly frustrating - please justify £3800 cost for what they did? I will use an online agent next time and pay £500. Yes the service isn't going to be great - but I'm paying almost 4 times less than with a high street agent. I wish I would have took the leap of faith this time.

Absolute robbery. They add no value. Made the process no smoother.

What could Reeds Rains do to change your mind??

“Manage the buyers better. Coordinate activities between solicitors with a phonecall like the estate agent who were used for the house we bought.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 - 18 Moorgate Street (Rotheram) (South Yorkshire)
    Renee
    s64
    £72
    Renee

Renee was helpful from the first day we went into the shop. She asked what our requirments was. And introduced a property that fit our situation. The sale of our own property met a few hurdles but renee was very suportive through the process. We would certenly use reed rains again if the situation arose.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    508 Holderness Road (Hull) (Hull) (Aberdeen City)
    HU9
    £65000
    BECKY TODD

I sold a property via Reeds Rain. All the staff were very good at their respective roles, valuing, arranging numerous viewings and negotiating. I relied heavily on their recommendations, asking price etc due to not living in the same area as the property. Dealing mainly with Becky I would say she has excellent customer service skills and part of a good team overall.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Finkle Street (Selby) (York) (North Yorkshire)
    Alison Woods, Kim Harris
    YO8
    £600
    Alison WoodsKim Harris

Moving to Selby as a young professional moving away from home, Alison was very helpful in guiding me through the process of renting a property, providing expertise both in the knowledge of the area and in each stage of the rental process. Not only was Alison extremely efficient in documentation handing, arranging meetings and keeping in contact via mobile/email, she also displayed a friendly and professional manner which really helped with this often stressful process. She has on hand with any queries we had and ensured these were resolved as soon as possible. Throughout, she made it very clear who I should contact for each aspect of being a tenant of a Reeds and Rains property.

Whilst Alison was the main point of contact at Reeds and Rains, Kim showed us around the property in the first instance and was also very helpful and friendly.

I can not recommend their service enough.