Browse agents by letter
FREE Valuation

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 based on 1088 ratings. This website contains 1088 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

Offices / Branches

• 153 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Reeds Rains has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Page last updated on: 28-Mar-2015 16:50:28

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 37)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Heather Cooper, Gemma Roper
    S43
    £595
    Heather CooperGemma Roper

I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Heather, Gemma and Tracy. They were brilliant and guided me through each part of the process.
    They helped me with every question and every step that needed taking and even after all was arraged and paid they still gave me some guidance in terms of setting up my utilities and giving me advice on the new address as i am new to the area.
    Clearly this is a team that cares about the customers and not about the fees.
    I am extremely happy with choosing them and cannot recommend this team any higher.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE FAIR AND WORTH IT. YOU DO PAY FOR EXQUISITE SERVICE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Anchorage Quay, (Salford Quays) (Greater Manchester)
    Ian Jordan
    M5
    £700
    Ian Jordan

Ian went out of his way to help us, from letting us view the property the day we enquired about a viewing, liasing with the landlord RE our requests, doing the inventory on the property himself when it looked as though our move might be delayed and explaining everything in an extremely clear and helpful way. He's a credit to the company.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  3. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    88 Queen Street (Morley) (Leeds) (West Yorkshire)
    Jill Pattinson
    LS27
    £750
    Jill Pattinson

Having been in a rented property through Reeds Rains for the past 6 months it is fair to say things haven't gone particularly smoothly. I have had major leaks, to white good repairs to issues with my contract.

The one positive in all this though has been Jill. Her organisation, communication and honesty has been excellent in resolving these problematic issues and i would certainly recommend her for any maintenance and /or contractual issues.

she will go to the en-nth degree to ensure a job is done efficiently and will consistently provide updates, no matter how big or small. For me you cant ask for anymore and wish more Reeds Rains staff adopted her approach.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES I DON'T THINK ANYONE WILL BE HAPPY WITH AND REEDS RAINS ARE NO DIFFERENT. THEY ARE CERTAINLY ON THE HIGHER SIDE TO COMPETITORS. FEES FOR RENEWAL OF CONTRACT SEEM ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS TO ME. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED I WILL HAVE TO PAY £120 IF I WANT TO EXTEND MY CONTRACT. I CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS GIVEN IT IS IN THE LANDLORDS BEST INTEREST TO HAVE A CONSISTENT AND RELIABLE TENANT. ITS CLAIMED THIS IS NEEDED FOR CONTRACT AMENDS WHICH I FIND INCREDIBLY HARD TO BELIEVE. ALSO THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO MARKET THE PROPERTY WHICH WILL SAVE ON ADVERTISING TIME/COSTS, PLUS THE LANDLORD IS GUARANTEED NOT TO HAVE A VOID PERIOD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  4. A 5 -star review by ''

CH1
    £1100
    Gaynor

My experience of dealing with Gaynor has been consistently positive, communication has always been clear and updates received in a timely manner.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  5. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    46-48 High Street West (Glossop) (Derbyshire)
    Kirsty Barber
    sk14
    £176000
    Kirsty Barber

After almost a year of looking at properties around the outskirts of Manchester my partner Jenny pointed out a nice modest detached property on the outskirts of Hollingworth and asked me to make enquiries with the estate agent.
    The estate agent in question was Reeds and Rains Glossop.
    In my first phone call I was greeted by a very upbeat positive and friendly lady in the name of Kirsty Barber, who impressed me from the off, as she obviously knew the property very well and answered all my questions directly. She then proceeded to take some of my details so she could arrange a viewing time... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES APPEARED AVERAGE FOR THE AREA”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  6. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1 Solihull Lane, (Hall Green) (West Midlands)
    Emma Taylor
    ST19
    £725
    Emma Taylor

I have had a really positive experience with Reeds Rains. When calling several times regarding issues at the apartment (boiler break down - no hot water or heating), Emma has been very reactive and contacted the landlord immediately. This resulted in a quick repair. Emma has also helped in the organisation leading up to my recent departure from the rented property (due to a move abroad otherwise I would have been more than happy to continue living there). Thank you Emma for making renting and moving out as smooth and stress free as possible. Would recommend Reeds Rains in future!

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    90 High Street (Rhyl) (Denbighshire)
    LL18
    £87000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My sister and I have been renting our property with the help of Gaynor and are now in the process of selling through Dan Dustain. Both of these agents have been extremely helpful and always very approachable. We have always been able to contact Reeds Rains easily and Gaynor has ensured that our tenant is always comfortable and dealt with quickly and efficiently. Thanks for all your help and support :)

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEES ARE REASONABLE, ARE NOT DISSIMILAR FROM ANY OTHER AGENT AVAILABLE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  8. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    The Cross (Neston) (Neston) (Cheshire)
    Gaynor Hannon
    ch60
    £875
    Gaynor Hannon

Gaynor Hannon from lettings has managed this property for us over the past few years. The tenant has now vacated but we will be remarketing it. She also manages another property in West Kirby.
    I have found her to be professional friendly but above all efficient.

Emails are quickly responded to ( my preferred contact method ) but with an urgent matter she will use her discretion and contact me by phone.

An asset

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  9. A 4 -star review by ''

LL18
    Gaynor

I have found Gaynor very helpful in managing my property for me. She is prompt and reliable in all communications, this is especially important to me as I am living abroad and appreciate the peace of mind this gives me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  10. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    53 Church Street (Sutton-On-Hull) (Sutton-On-Hull) (North Lincolnshire)
    Beth Herein
    hu8
    £80000
    Beth Herein

From start to finish Beth led and helped my mother in-law with completing all the various forms, photocopied forms for us, and kept us up to date with the progress of the purchase of 32 Sutton Court.
    She also resolved and clarified issues with our solicitors, which resulted in a reduced bill. Full regards and thanks to Beth.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE SELLER OF 32 SUTTON COURT PAID THE FEES.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  11. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  12. A 5 -star review by ''

Ch4
    £595
    Gaynor

As someone new to being a landlady, Gaynor's help and advice over the last year has been invaluable. Gaynor is very knowledgable, always efficient and I feel confident she is acting in my best interests.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    88 Rough Common Road (Canterbury) (Kent)
    ct2
    £400
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Moved in with reeds rains last year. The first time i met them there was another student complaining about the pile of rubbish outside his house for 6 months..

First step their office is NOT IN CANTERBURY its way outside more than a short hike..

After making my way there, on foot.
    I was told that the person i needed to finish my booking was out so it wont be possible, after explaining that i wont come back if im not served on the day, suddenly it was fine and my papers were signed.

the property was in bad shape, the excuses made when viewing it were excellent!:)

during my stay... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“£250 PER PERSON IS PRETTY STANDARD, THE SERVICE IS NOT, SO ITS A COMPLETE RIP-OFF.”

What could Reeds Rains do to change your mind??

“treat me with a little more respect. mostly D get your info right. give us sufficient notice for viewings and visits, as you are required by law.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

Julie Ross
    PR1
    Julie Ross

I am very grateful for the help that Julie has given me during the renewal of my renting contract. Thanks to her excellent work, I was able to keep myself away from many troubles that I would otherwise be very likely to fall into.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  15. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    16 - 18 Moorgate Street (Rotheram) (South Yorkshire)
    Gemma Eastwood, Kelly Williams
    S60
    £450
    Gemma EastwoodKelly Williams

RR did have my property on thier books for some time, it was quite a challange getting the right tenant for this property. I was marketing my property with 3 other agents and I found that RR was by far the most proactive and persistant. Gemma was very proactive and always had my proporty in mind with prospective tentants who looked at other properties. RR got there in the end and my property has finally been let out by RR after 3 months of marketing - Nov - Feb. Thank you Gemma and Kelly for your persistants and professionalism. Lets try to keep the property tenanted!

Comments on the Agents fees

“AS PART OF THE RAPID RENTALS OFFER - I DID NOT PAY ANY AGENTS FEES AS IT WAS NOT SUCCESSFULLY LET OUT WITHIN THE TWO WEEK PERIOD.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  16. A 5 -star review by ''

Joanna Burnett, Ben Foster
    £123000
    Joanna BurnettBen Foster

Selling a house for the first time in an extremely stressful situation was only made bearable thanks to the first class support of Jo and Ben. Jo guided me through the process - remaining positive and efficient throughout. I cannot thank the staff at Reeds Rains enough for their friendliness, approachability and for getting the job done. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  17. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Whitworth West (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Oliver Harrison, Anthony Thompson
    M15
    £125000
    Oliver HarrisonAnthony Thompson

Oliver was always very courteous and helpful in his dealings with me and my solicitor, and good at chasing the buyer when we needed to speed things along. I think he knew the market sufficiently well to set the sale price at the right figure to attract a purchaser. All in all a good experience.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  18. A 5 -star review by ''

sk9
    £290000
    Joanna Burnett

This was a house move that took a while to exchange, through no fault of the agent. Jo was very efficient and pro active at all times

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  19. A 5 -star review by ''

£380000
    Joanna Burnett

We were pleased with all aspects of the service we received. The initial meeting, the details and photographs of the property, calls re viewings, help with viewings and all the regular contact and updates. The whole team at Wilmslow were great; Jo was brilliant! She kept on top of the sale and ensured all went smoothly as well as being very reassuring and providing regular updates.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPARE FAVOURABLY WITH OTHER AGENCIES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  20. A 5 -star review by ''

£1350
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The agent took time ascertaining the time of property we would like to rent ~ we chose to view one property and they encouraged us to go and see another property, which we loved when viewed so we are now renting this for 12 months. We had sold our property through Reeds Rains and struggled to find somewhere else to buy ~ their help in the transition was invaluable.

Comments on the Agents fees

“COMPARE WELL WITH OTHER AGENCIES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  21. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    2 Anchorage Quay, (Salford Quays) (Greater Manchester)
    James Armitage
    M5
    James Armitage

Agent dealt with everything in timely manner. Always called back when he said he would and behaved friendly. I would have no problem recommending him to friends/ family.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  22. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  23. A 5 -star review by ''

Wa8
    Rebecca Hallworth

We would like to thank Rebecca Hallworth for all her help in sorting out bond deposit issue with tenants.Very professional in all our dealings with her.

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  24. A 5 -star review by ''

Wa8

“REASONABLE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  25. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 Whitworth West (Manchester) (Manchester) (Greater Manchester)
    Oliver Harrison
    m4
    £45000
    Oliver Harrison

I found Reeds Rains to be very efficient and helpful with all aspects of my move. The were always quick to update me on the progress. I primarily dealt with Oliver who I found to always be very helpful and was more than happy to do multiple viewings on the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  26. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    1a speke Road (woolton) (Woolton) (Merseyside)
    L27
    £525
    Upload a reviwer profile image

A very friendly and efficient team. They are very good at quickly finding good tenants and they sort problems quickly.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Chloe Rhodes, Lauren Blake
    yo30
    £725
    Chloe RhodesLauren Blake

I would like to thank Chloe, Lauren and the rest of the staff at Reeds Rains letting department in York. As someone new to the market I could not have managed the intricacies and legalities needed to let a property. Having very quickly found me a suitable tenant, they ensured that everything was completed on time, with professionalism , patience and good humour. I feel confident in their abilities to deal with any future issues and would have no hesitation in recommending them to other landlords.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  28. A 4 -star review by ''

Branch:
    102 Market Street (Hyde) (Greater Manchester)
    Jill speers
    No postcode selected.
    Jill speers

I appointed Reeds Rains as my lettings agents over a year ago and they have now found 2 tenants for me. Jill and the staff are always helpful and if there are ever any problems they manage to deal with them calmly. I have been happy with the service that Reeds Rains have provided for me.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  29. A 5 -star review by ''

Chloe Rhodes, Lauren Blake
    YO1
    £750
    Chloe RhodesLauren Blake

I would like to thank Chloe and Lauren for providing a first class service and letting and find our perfect property within one day of my first visiting the York branch . A good quality property was found and I would be happy to recommend Reeds Rains services.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  30. A 5 -star review by ''

Chloe Rhodes
    yo10
    £575
    Chloe Rhodes

We've settled in very well and are loving our own place, thank you.

We would like to thank Chloe for helping us move into our first home together. Even though it was a lengthy process as we found that some things weren't filled out properly or as they should, but being first time tenants, we would have naturally gone through some mistakes and not thought about things we were meant to be thinking about. Overall experience was stressful but Chloe was very understanding and helped us through what needed to be done and how to do it. So thank you to Chloe and Reeds Rains for helping us to move into our lovely first home together.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Emma Stewart
    YO10
    £170000
    Emma Stewart

Buying a property in York through Reeds Rains proved to be a very relaxed process. I would particularly like to thank Emma Stewart who put me at my ease from the initial inquiry. She took a personal interest in the sale, and kept me informed about progress from the initial offer until completion. Queries were dealt with promptly and effectively. Highly recommended.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (0) Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    53 Church Street (Sutton-On-Hull) (Sutton-On-Hull) (North Lincolnshire)
    Sarah
    HU8
    £425
    Sarah

I recently rented a property through this branch. The whole application process was fast and went very smoothly. Sarah kept me informed throughout the application process to ensure i could move into the property on the date agreed. Very pleased.