Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 based on 653 ratings. This website contains 653 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

Offices / Branches

• 136 disapprove

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Reeds Rains has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 22)

Page last updated on: 21-Sep-2014 10:04:40

1. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Flanagan' 21/9/2014

Branch:
    508 Holderness Road (Hull) (Hull) (Aberdeen City)
    Rebecca Todd
    Hu9
    £82000

Rebecca Todd

I must confess that RRs was not my first choice of estate agent, in fact I had booked another to value property the same week, but on meeting Stephen Goforth we were quite impressed by his manner so immediately decided to use RRs on holderness road. He was not pushy, and. Altogether a pleasure to speak to. The reason we had a "downer" on RRs was past reputation, but using them we thought this was un-founded and were very pleased with the lovely photos taken of our home. As it turned out our house was sold to the second viewer, helped I am sure by the brochure as this is the first point of contact for a prospective buyer.
    After that Becky was our point of contact and could not have been better to deal with. It was very easy for us and a pleasure to deal with. I can and would only speak as I find and although we thought the fees were a little steep we would recommend RRs to other people. Overall our experience with them was first class.

Comments on the Agents fees

“£1800 WAS TOO MUCH FOR THE ESTATE AGENTS. IT SHOULD BE PRO RATA ON PRICE OF HOUSE ALTHOUGH WE KNOW THAT ALL ESTATE AGENTS CHARGE A FAIR BIT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RED HOUSE. I BELIEVE A FAIRER PRICE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOTAL OF £1500 ALL IN.”

2. A 5-star review by 'Stuart' 21/9/2014

Branch:
    1 Carr Lane (Acomb) (York) (Yorkshie)
    Andrew Jacques
    Yo24
    £200000

Andrew Jacques

I recently had the pleasure of using the Reeds Rains Acomb branch to sell my property. Andy and his excellent team members were very professional in all that they did and I felt confident to leave everything to them. i would use them again and am pleased to recommend their services

3. A 5-star review by 'Emma Johnston' 19/9/2014

Branch:
    2 Anchorage Quay, (Salford Quays) (Greater Manchester)
    Ian Jordan
    M5

Ian Jordan

I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with Reeds Rains. Ian has been amazing. Very professional, very clear & made me feel like I had my the right choice using Reeds.

Their whole approach is very professional & hands on. I've had all my questions answered quick & everything has ran smoothly.

Now I have a tenant in Ian continues to offer a high level of service & he a long with the company are ones I have grown to trust!

4. A 4-star review by 'Greg B' 19/9/2014

Oliver Harrison, Jennifer Iftakhar
    M15
    £155000

Oliver HarrisonJennifer Iftakhar

We used Reeds Rains as their fee's were reasonable for city centre properties. They were also recommended by some friends that had sold their flat in the same building.

We undertook this sale after meeting Jennifer Iftakher. She guided us through the process and was a pleasure to deal with. Everything was going well until the Agent dealing with our property left the company and we heard nothing for nearly a month. This angered us as we had no idea where our sale was, and what was happening. I feel this contributed in the 5 months it took to sell our property.

Once we had cleared this... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD FEES, VERY COMPETITIVE.”

5. A 5-star review by 'Adam' 19/9/2014

They arranged our mortgage
    Luke Lumbis, Julie Taylor
    bd20

Luke LumbisJulie Taylor

It was my first property purchase and Luke was great in clearing things up and getting me in front of Julie the mortgage advisor. I struggled with time to meet the banks requirement for long appointments along with long waiting times so it was great to get in front of Julie quickly and efficiently impacting little on my busy schedule. I am due to complete on the property next week knowing I have a great mortgage and good protection following Julies trusting advice. I am also safe in the knowledge that I am now part of the Reeds Rains mortgage club so I have their advice for life and they will also review my protection too ensuring I always have the best deal.

Thank your Reeds Rains!!

Comments on the Agents fees

“ONE OFF FEE GIVING ME ACCESS TO THEIR SERVICES FOR LIFE...CAN\'T COMPLAIN AT THAT!”

6. A 1-star review by 'Unknown' 19/9/2014

Emily Perrin
    M1
    £750
    Experience:
    Would you use the agent again? No

Emily Perrin

Very unhelpful and rude
    Difficult to get a response from
    Would not use this agency again because of this member of staff

7. A 5-star review by 'Robert & Maureen Shierson' 19/9/2014

Branch:
    17-19 Commercial Street (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Matthew , Emma
    hx2
    £141

Matthew Emma

In May 2014 we decided to sell our family home now the children had left,we inquire with three agencies and Read Rain impressed us the most so we let them market our house. From the word go they showed professionalism right from the first off, 4 week into the advertising we had a buyer and we thought great but before the final signing our buyers, buyer pulled out. We were all disappointed but Matthew came up with a plan which resulted in our sale being completed, Matthew & Emma really went the extra mile for us and we are very grateful because with out is knowledge and ideas we would not have achieved our last and final move

8. A 4-star review by 'Greg B' 19/9/2014

Oliver Harrison, Jennifer Iftakhar
    M15
    £155000

Oliver HarrisonJennifer Iftakhar

Once we had cleared this... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“GOOD FEES, VERY COMPETITIVE.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Amanda' 19/9/2014

Emily Perrin, Ben Allen
    M4
    £700

Emily PerrinBen Allen

Ben & Emily at the Whitworth Street branch in Manchester are really helpful and quick to respond to emails. Perfect as I'm not based in Manchester and can rest assure that they are on the ball. Highly appreciate the 2 of them :)

10. A 5-star review by 'Monica Gale' 18/9/2014

Branch:
    30-32 Pasture Road (Goole) (Yorkshire)
    Clair Allerton
    DN14
    £211000

Clair Allerton

Clair Allerton dealt with our recent house purchase, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the service we received.
    She was extremely professional with excellent communications skills.
    Our thanks go to Clair and the team at Reeds Rains Goole for managing to keep us well informed and reassured at all times during the process. Thank you so much
    Mr. and Mrs. Gale

1. A 5-star review by 'Mohammed Al-Dajani' 18/9/2014

Branch:
    977 - 979 Ecclesall Road (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Matt Ferguson, Samantha Sellars
    S7 2
    £222000

Matt FergusonSamantha Sellars

Matt was very helpful through the process of the sale. He kept us informed about who is viewing and there comments.
    He was extremely helpful, the over all experience was excellent

2. A 5-star review by 'Mr and Mrs Robertson' 17/9/2014

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (burnley) (burnley) (Lanarkshire)
    No staff selected.
    bb10
    £105000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Very professional, thorough, did exactly as she said she was going to do, even basic courtesy calls were done on regular basis, felt very looked after as first time buyers we needed someone to trust, the easiest person we dealt with throughout our home purchase, great member of staff, thank you.

3. A 4-star review by 'Rebecca willett' 17/9/2014

Branch:
    977 - 979 Ecclesall Road (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Matt Ferguson
    S17
    £284600

Matt Ferguson

Matt was excellent; we had been struggling to secure a property and Matt sorted us out with a great house at asking price. He was helpful and pleasant throughout-would recommend him!

4. A 5-star review by 'Julie' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    167 Langworthy Road (Salford) (Greater Manchester)
    Ben Eastham
    M6
    £82000

Ben Eastham

From start to finish, Ben was fantastic. I have recently sold 4 properties including my own through a local estate agent and the difference in service levels was significant. Ben communicated regularly with me and provided me with open and honest feedback. I never felt he was trying to pull the wool over my eyes like other estate agents. He showed you can be a good estate agent and still hold a high level of integrity - trust me, this goes a long way. Ben delivered what he promised to, was friendly and professional and went the extra mile for me on a few occasions due to the fact i live a fair distance from the properties i was selling. Thankyou Ben & the team - you show how it should be done!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES WERE ABOVE WHAT I WOULD EXPECT TO PAY - I SOLD MY OWN PROPERTY ON THE WIRRAL FOR 1% - HAVING SAID THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”

5. A 5-star review by 'Hannah Goldsmith' 16/9/2014

Emma , Sue Hannon
    yo26
    £665

Emma Sue Hannon

I would like to thank the team at Reeds Rains, especially Sue and Emma. Always very helpful and professional. Our properties let out without any stress on our part and I put that down to the effort put in at the Reeds Rains office. Happy customers thank you, you are appreciated.

6. A 5-star review by 'David' 16/9/2014

Branch:
    2 Kingston Road (Willerby) (Willerby) (Yorkshire)
    Matt Matt
    Hu10
    £380

Matt Matt

I dealt with Ben on my first day looking for properly in hull, he was extremely polite and helpful! He recognised my need and situation straight away and moved his work load about I show me 2 properties in the local area. After 2 failed viewings he helped my to negotiate better terms on my part with the landlady of the property I was interested in. With Mathews assistance on his days off and other obligations they managed to communicate with my company, the landlady, myself and the various departments connected to lettings and they managed to do a very quick turn around, pulling my moved date forward by 2 days as at that point I was officially homeless and out of options!
    I am now in and very happy with the property, location and above all the work these guys have done! They are a credit to your company and deserve some special praise for there work.
    Thank you ALL so much for assisting me during a very very difficult transition in my life.

7. A 5-star review by 'Judy' 16/9/2014

No branch selected
    Alison Donnelly
    YO8
    £625

Alison Donnelly

Alison Woods (along with the rest of the team at the Selby branch) have been professional and thorough in their quest to find a tenant for our property. The tenant was found very quickly and Alison kept us informed at each stage of the letting process and answered all the queries that we had. I will certainly be using Alison again.

8. A 5-star review by 'V R Koppada' 14/9/2014

Laura Croft
    M1

Laura Croft

I sod my property recently and Ms Laura Croft kept me informed of all the viewings that took place including the one which resulted in selling the property. The service provided by her is excellent and I am extremely satisfied.

9. A 5-star review by 'M Smith' 14/9/2014

Branch:
    37-39 Church Street (Macclesfield) (Macclesfield) (Cheshire)
    Helen Grieve
    SK10
    £115000

Helen Grieve

Helen Grieve was proactive, helpful and understanding of a difficult communication situation (I was out of countyr during much of the sale process). She work dilligently to close off an awkward sale and was unfailingly helpful.

10. A 5-star review by 'patrick sloane' 13/9/2014

Branch:
    17-19 Commercial Street (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Matthew
    hx2
    £50000

Matthew

From start to finish Matthew kept me informed and found me the right people to deal with as I was clueless being a first time buyer. Sal is an excellent mortgage adviser too.got things going as quick as he could.

1. A 5-star review by 'Hannah' 13/9/2014

Sue Hannon, Emma Stewart
    yo26
    £129000

Sue HannonEmma Stewart

The purchasing of our buy to let property went very smoothly. We received a great deal of help and information from both Sue and Emma, they were great. Hope to do business with them again in the near future.

2. A 5-star review by 'Paul Clarke' 12/9/2014

Branch:
    12 Moorside Road (Heaton Moor) ( SWtockport) (Cheshire)
    jessica osborne
    SK4
    £140000

jessica osborne

I last used an estate agent over 20 years ago so decided to move with the times and proceeded to use an online estate agent, initially to save costs. Big mistake (should have listened to my wife!). After 12 months of what can only be described as amateurish service by the online estate agent, we decided to go with Reeds Rains after receiving a leaflet through our door, and we are so pleased that we did.

The moment I called the Heaton Moor branch they were courteous and efficient. Their quoted fees were in line with other estate agents but their service has been anything but average. I... (read more)

3. A 4-star review by 'K Renshaw' 11/9/2014

Branch:
    9 Wesley Street (Ossett) (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    Louissa Lawrence, Sam Wilson
    WF4
    £140000

Louissa LawrenceSam Wilson

Lou and Sam helped us through a very stressful move. They were always willing to listen to any concerns that we had and they tried their best for us when things became difficult. Lou in particular was very understanding and calm and worked extremely hard for us to chase everything up. Not sure what we would have done without her help!

4. A 5-star review by 'RBeattie' 10/9/2014

, St Austell St Austell
    M4
    £143000

St Austell St Austell

I am really pleased with the service I received with Reed Rains. Although my property was on the market for a while, which is not a reflection of the organisation, rather the current market, they were constantly coming up with new ways of marketing my property. When the offer finally came in their service was excellent, keeping me very much in the loop as to how the sale was progressing. I am selling the property from 350 miles away as I am no longer living in the area the property is situated, and they were able to go the extra mile dealing with things like letting agents, liaising with tenants and even house clearance companies. Having dealt with other agents in the past i'd highly recommend Reed Rains to people selling property in the Manchester City Centre area.

5. A 5-star review by 'Abi' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (burnley) (burnley) (Lanarkshire)
    Kevin Twinney
    BB11
    £1

Kevin Twinney

I recently bought a repossessed property through Reeds Rains in Burnley. I used their own mortgage advisor Kevin Twinney and he did an absolutely fantastic job. Prior to this, I was a little dubious about using an estate agent's own mortgage advisor as I'd heard that the rates were worse and only used a small number of lenders. However, after consulting 2 independent mortgage advisors and conducting my own internet searches, the deals that Kevin offered me were considerably better than any offered elsewhere. In buying a repo, you have to move very quickly (complete within a month) and with... (read more)

6. A 5-star review by 'Becky - TLCC' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    16-18 Bull Green (Halifax) (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    Victoria Greenwood
    HX1
    £500

Victoria Greenwood

I have dealt with Victoria at Reeds Rains several times now on a professional basis and the service has been brilliant every time.
    She has excellent attention to detail and always ensures that everything runs as smoothly as possible throughout the application and sign up process.

Every call is returned promptly / she is able to make herself available for any queries/ problems I have had.
    It is a pleasure to work with Victoria and I hope to rent more properties with her in the future!

7. A 5-star review by 'Daniela' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    2 Kingston Road (Willerby) (Willerby) (Yorkshire)
    Natasha HULL
    HU4
    £172000

Natasha HULL

From the very beginning from arranging viewings to making the offer, we were dealt with by Natasha and she was very helpfull and supportive throughout the whole process. Even when things got a little frustrating, she went out of her way to resolve issues that we had. The process had started to slow down a little on the vendors side and she kept us up to date with what was going on and was even chasing up both side solicitors.

Overall, we received brilliant service and Natasha is an assest to the Willerby branch... thank you again!

8. A 5-star review by 'Anony ** mouse' 10/9/2014

Branch:
    4 Bull Ring (Wakefield) (West Yorkshire)
    , Sam Russell
    WF4
    £550

Sam Russell

Louise and Sam worked really hard to find a Tenant. They kept in regular contact with me and we kept reviewing the best way to market the property. They offered me a number of different options to make it more appealing to Clients. We got there in the end :)

9. A 5-star review by 'Richard' 9/9/2014

Branch:
    23 Burnley Road (Todmorden) (West Yorkshire)
    Staff Member
    Kay , first name last name
    OL14
    £75000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Kay first name last name

Kay was timely, thorough and professional in responding to questions and providing updates on progress with the sale. I remained confident throughout of a successful completion.

10. A 5-star review by 'Peter' 8/9/2014

Oliver Harrison
    m1
    £113000

Oliver Harrison

I met Oliver in branch and explained I was looking for an investment property. He quickly identified an appropriate property and fitted in a viewing the same day. I made a provisional offer and Oliver quickly kick started the purchase process. This needed to be a very fast turnaround in order to have the flat ready in time for the students start of term. This required Oliver to constantly liase with both myself and my solicitors and chase the sellers in order to get the sale completed (just) in time. Without his efforts I am certain it would have taken longer to complete and as a result he has ensured a good investment for me. Well done!