Browse agents by letter
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

Reeds Rains

Agent rating: 3.9 out of 5.0 based on 532 ratings. This website contains 532 user reviews of Reeds Rains.

Offices / Branches

...left to get your reviews in for the 2014 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Meet the Team

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

Established in 1868, Reeds Rains have the expertise and knowledge to make home buying and selling, a smooth and simple process.

Reeds Rains has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use Reeds Rains, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 18)

Page last updated on: 28-Jul-2014 18:12:41

1. A 5-star review by 'Miss J Badger' 28/7/2014

YO31
    £172500

Emma Stewart

Fantastic service! Emma Stewart was brilliant throughout from the moment I put my house up for sale, right through to completion. Would highly recommend.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mrs Robinson' 28/7/2014

YO30
    £157000

Emma Stewart

I used Reeds Rains in York to sell my property on the outskirts of York. My house sold very quickly and I left everything to Reeds Rains and had very little to do. I dealt with Emma Stewart at the York branch and instantly felt confident she would do her best which she did. I can highly recommend Emma and Reeds Rains and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

3. A 5-star review by 'Roger' 28/7/2014

Emma Stewart, John Wroot
    YO1
    £625

Emma StewartJohn Wroot

I would like to thank Emma and John for providing a first class service and letting my property within 4 days of going on the market. A good quality tenant was found and I would be happy to recommend Reeds Rains services for a tenant find service.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENTS FEES WHERE VERY REASONABLE AND COMPARED BETTER THAN OTHER AGENTS. I RECEIVED THE RENTAL AMOUNT THAT I WANTED.”

4. A 5-star review by 'Eric' 28/7/2014

Cheryl Clark
    hu9
    £350

Cheryl Clark

Thanx Cheryl, for profesional help.
    After one week in this house is super.
    Best regards from Us and little Julia.

5. A 5-star review by 'karen' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    977 - 979 Ecclesall Road (Sheffield) (South Yorkshire)
    Matt Ferguson
    No postcode selected.

Matt Ferguson

I deal with estate agents on a daily basis and have done for years. Matt greatly impressed me. He informed me that he was new to the business I realised he may be inexperienced but admired his skills in the the way in which he dealt with me and the other customers that were in the branch he was cool under pressure and showed the willingness to go beyond the call of duty. He found the time I needed to make me secure an offer and enable me to complete my purchase within the three week time frame. This was impressive to say the least. This young man will have a very bright future in this industry and is a credit to the branch. I hope to see him rise through the ranks as I believe he has all the credentials required to have a very successful future in the industry and can guarantee if I deal with the Banner Cross branch again it'll be Matt who I contact.

6. A 4-star review by 'Cath.' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    167 Langworthy Road (Salford) (Greater Manchester)
    Ben , Catherine
    M7 3

Ben Catherine

Ben, was always helpful especially as I was both selling and buying. He was prepared to advise me and understood my frustration when there was an irritating 'hitch' with my sale, which delayed progress. He was always polite and friendly. I was less happy with the progress of the solicitor appointed by Reeds Rains. Sale was very quick but progress afterwards slow. Another member of staff called Cath was very helpful. She was the person to accompany me when viewing the property I bought.

Comments on the Agents fees

“I DO THINK THE FEES ARE HIGH. MY HOUSE SOLD VERY QUICKLY AND A BOARD WAS NOT NECESSARY. THE TOTAL BUYING AND SELLING OF THE TWO PROPERTIES CAME TO OVER £8,000 AND THIS SEEMS TO ME TO BE TOO HIGH. I THINK THERE COULD BE BE A SLIDING SCALE BASED ON TIME TAKEN TO SELL.”

7. A 5-star review by 'Ewa' 26/7/2014

They arranged our mortgage
    Claire Cleveland, Hull Hull
    hu9

Claire ClevelandHull Hull

I have found the house we were really keen to buy, rang the branch and asked for details, Clare was very helpful explained to me everything what I wanted to know and made an appoitment with the vendor and martgage advisor. In the meantime we have decided we do not want to buy this house for particular reason and I request to cancel booking. Claire was very nice and said she understand and advise us to keep some other appoitments to have a strong position on the market when we find another property.
    That was so great customer service I ever had. I am very greatful as some agents change their behaviour as quick as you resigned. I felt welcome all the time and no pressure to do things in different way.
    Thank you very much Claire it is so great pleasure to deal with you.

8. A 5-star review by 'Divyesh' 25/7/2014

M1 3

Laura Croft

I just wanted to thank you for the very impressive level of professionalism I received from Laura Croft at your Manchester City Centre branch. she went above and beyond the call of duty during the process of purchasing my apartment. As an investor I deal with many agents and I would rate Laura as one of the most efficient, knowledgeable and genuine agents I have dealt with, it would be a pleasure to use your agency again.

9. A 5-star review by 'Emma' 25/7/2014

Branch:
    23 Burnley Road (Todmorden) (West Yorkshire)
    Staff Member
    Kay , first name last name
    OL14
    £128000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Kay first name last name

Buying our first house was very confusing and we were struggling to understand the process and what is involved at first as it seemed very daunting. I have to say if we didnt have Kay at Reeds Rains to advise us at every step of the way we would have stopped the process at the beginning! Kay went above and beyond the call of duty for us, she advised us clearly of the process she helped us to understand timelines and what we need to do etc. She even dropped off some paper work at my home address as we couldnt get to the agents to get this, this happened on 2 seperate occasions and this helped... (read more)

10. A 5-star review by 'Joanna Navarrete' 25/7/2014

WA16
    £82000

Joanna Burnett

We have never bought a Park home before and were in the dark about what's involved, Joanna was really helpful in explaining the set up and went out of her way to get any info we needed. We really felt to be in good hands throughout the whole procedure.

1. A 5-star review by 'Ruth Jefferson' 23/7/2014

Rebecca Todd, Steven Goforth
    hu7
    £67000

Rebecca ToddSteven Goforth

My house was in my view a challenge to sell ! We has numerous other estate agents but I was immediately taken with Stevens positive and pleasent attitude . He took stunning photos which showed all the best bits of my house and consequently it sold in less than a week . Our house purchase was slow and we encountered lots of stumbling blocks, Beccy went the extra mile for us dealing with awkward solicitors and making things run more smoothly. I would highly recommend reeds rains they are slightly more expensive but as in everything you get what you pay for . Thanks again to Steven Goforth and Rebecca Todd we love our new house ! .....

Comments on the Agents fees

“ONE OF THE HIGHER FEES BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY .”

2. A 5-star review by 'Morgan' 22/7/2014

Branch:
    12 Moorside Road (Heaton Moor) ( SWtockport) (Cheshire)
    Lauren Bowden
    SK4
    £650

Lauren Boden

Very helpful in setting up a block viewing so I did not have to go back and forth to the property lots of different times. All the prospective tenants were very polite and nice, so well chosen by Lauren. Let to a really nice couple on first block viewing with lots of others interested. I have used other Estate Agents in the past and come across very slick typical Estate Agents which people dislike, whereas Lauren and the rest of this branch of Reeds Rains just seem to be nice people doing a decent job. Thank you.

3. A 4-star review by 'Mus' 22/7/2014

Tom Morley, Laura Croft
    M15
    £160000

Tom MorleyLaura Croft

After getting quotes from a number of estate agents I decided to go with Reeds Rains because they seemed most professional. When talking with Jenny she was happy to answer my questions and deal with any issues I had. Whilst my property was on the market (which wasn't long) I was updated regularly as requested and found the staff Tom and Laura very helpful. As it happened a buyer was soon found and we managed to complete the sale recently. I would be more than happy to recommend Reeds Rains and would certainly use them again when selling a property.

4. A 5-star review by 'Paul Symes' 22/7/2014

Branch:
    12 Moorside Road (Heaton Moor) ( SWtockport) (Cheshire)
    jessica osborne
    sk4
    £134000

jessica osborne

I have used Reeds Rains on two occasions recently to purchase houses. On both i have been very impressed with the manner in which the purchases went through. The sales/viewing rep was very helpfull.

5. A 5-star review by 'tony edmondson' 22/7/2014

HU15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

from the first moment of contact, through the advice, advertising, viewings, prospective buyer comments and telephone calls Reeds Rains have provided an excellent service and I would recommend this particular branch to any prospective seller of property

6. A 5-star review by 'Barry Whitehead' 21/7/2014

Branch:
    42 Glumangate ( ) (Chesterfield) (Derbyshire)
    Kirsty Cooper, Gemma Roper
    S43

Kirsty CooperGemma Roper

Kirsty worked tirelessly on my behalf in what became quite a difficult and protracted sale. Kirsty was always very supportive and her positive and cheery attitude helped to lessen my stress levels! My calls were always returned promptly and when calling into the branch was always made to feel welcome, not just by Kirsty but also Gemma and the other staff. I would highly recommend Reeds Raines in Chesterfield and would not hesitate to use them again with another transaction.

7. A 5-star review by 'FionaS' 18/7/2014

Clair Allerton
    DN14

Clair Allerton

I would highly recommend Reeds Rains and Clair as they made my house buying process as stress-free as she could. At the beginning there was no pressure for second viewings/offers, however when we knew we wanted to purchase she anticipated our want to move quickly and we had our offer accepted just a few days after viewing. She was honest when negotiating price, which we appreciated and advised us accordingly. A few more upadtes through the process make have been better but I was getting updates through Gill from the goole branch (mortgage advisor) who herself was amazing and made everything so much easier. I found Clair very helpful when the homeowner was delaying the process and was straight on the phone. I have picked up my keys today after 11 weeks of a relatively stress free process.

8. A 5-star review by 'IsraelWinter' 18/7/2014

Branch:
    2 Anchorage Quay, (Salford Quays) (Greater Manchester)
    Ian Jordan
    M50
    £750

Ian Jordan

Ian was incredibly helpful from start to finish, ensuring we could secure the apartment as soon as we expressed that we wanted it. When we had some difficulties convincing the landlord to let to us (myself being technically a student) we really felt Ian was in our corner and went above and beyond to help us put our case forward and the support he has given us really was instrumental in our moving in to our new, long term home.

I really can't overstate just how impressed we have been with the service and support that we've received from Ian and Reeds Rains generally, the professionalism, customer service and diligence far surpasses that I've experienced with any other letting agent, including the more well known ones.

We are incredibly grateful to Ian and could not recommend him or the Salford Quays branch of Reeds Rains enough!

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENCY FEES WERE HIGHER THAN ANTICIPATED BUT THE SERVICE QUICKLY DEMONSTRATES WHY. EVERYTHING WAS PROCESSED IN A TIMELY MANNER, EMAILS WERE REPLIED TO INCREDIBLY QUICKLY, THE DOCUMENTATION WAS ALL VERY PROFESSIONAL AND COVERED ALL ASPECTS BRILLIANTLY, THE INVENTORY WAS DETAILED AND CAME WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF EACH ITEM. ALL IN ALL THE FEES INITIALLY SEEMED HIGH BUT YOU REALLY DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND IT IS WELL WORTH PAYING THE AMOUNT.”

9. A 5-star review by 'Paul' 18/7/2014

dn6
    £450
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Customer of many years and never had any issues which could not be sorted out quickly with a telephone call. Keep up the good work.

10. 1
    person found this

A 1-star review by 'ColonelMcG' 16/7/2014

Branch:
    80 Fishergate,Town: (Preston) (Lancashire)
    Daniel Morris
    PR1
    £500
    Would you use the agent again? No

Daniel Morris

Reeds Rains were a dire letting agent. They were both incompetent and greedy.

I approached Reeds Rains in June to secure a letting in September as I was moving in with a friend who had a spare bedroom. They happily charged me their administration charges and was promised that all would be ready for September. So I went abroad for summer and came back to find that nothing had been sorted out at all and not only that but I would have to pay the administration charge once again as the credit checks were now invalid / expired.

I refused to pay the charge again and continued to chase them... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“AN ITEMISED BREAKDOWN OF WHAT THE FEES ARE FOR WOULD BE RIB-SPLITTING STAND-UP COMEDY MATERIAL. I PAID THEM £240 AND NEVER EVEN GOT TO THE STAGE OF SIGNING A CONTRACT EVEN AFTER 5 MONTHS OF GENUINE EFFORT.”

1. A 5-star review by 'StephenM1' 15/7/2014

M1
    £175000

Laura Croft

I sold my apartment through Reeds Rains, I found their service to be the right balance between friendly and professional. I always got rapid responses to my queries. There was a problem on completion date but this was dealt with swiftly and efficiently to make my move a smooth as possible. I would use them again.

2. A 5-star review by 'Mr & Mrs Donson' 11/7/2014

Branch:
    50 Nottingham Road (Eastwood) (Nottingham) (Nottinghamshire)
    They arranged our mortgage
    Jessica Perkins
    De5
    £84000

Jessica Perkins

I can't actually thank Jessica enough, for her good positive approach towards helping you get a mortgage, Jessica has been there for me and my partner, ever phone call, every email. Jessica is the only person who out of all the banks that we had been to get a mortgage, Jessica will do all the leg work, her positivity towards getting that home or that dream home a reality, in overally the staff at the Eastwood branch are by far the best, I will thank them personally, I have and will carry on recommending there services, Jessica is by far the best person to talk to regarding any life insurance or mortgage, the best thing Jessica does is she carefully explains everything to you about what's going to happen with a mortgage, once again I wouldn't go anywhere else. On a plus note there services for after care are brilliant.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE FEES ARE ACCEPTABLE CONSIDERING THAT WE WILL NEVER NEED TO GO TO ANOTHER BROKER AS THE FEE IS FOR LIFE, SO WE WILL BE SEEING JESSICA IN 5 YEARS TIME WITH NO CHARGE.”

3. A 5-star review by 'Mrs. Lesley Fitton' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    20 Manchester Road (burnley) (burnley) (Lanarkshire)
    dawn stuttard
    bb12

dawn stuttard

My experience dealing with Reeds Rains was very efficient, the staff were all very helpful especially Dawn Stuttard. Dawn kept me informed of what was happening with our purchase, she actually put my mind at rest through out the whole buying process. Dawn and i liased with each other quite a lot, and she offered lots of help and advise no matter how many times i rang which was quite a lot !!!! as my so called solicitor was rather less than helpful. I would recommend Reeds Rains to anyone who is buying/ selling a property .Thank you again Dawn and the team from the Burnley branch.

4. A 5-star review by 'tommo' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    16-18 Bull Green (Halifax) (Halifax) (West Yorkshire)
    No postcode selected.
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Excellent experience. From viewing to signing. Victoria was showed curtesy and experience in her dealings. Would definately used Reeds Rains again - and Victoria.

5. A 5-star review by 'Caroline' 10/7/2014

Ben Foster, Joanna Burnett
    SK9
    £865000

Ben FosterJoanna Burnett

Highly recommended - we received an excellent service from Ben and Joanna and the team. We selected Reeds Rains Wilmslow based on a very clear and professional description of the approach they would take to marketing and selling our property, They took into acount our specific wishes. Viewings were arranged promptly and when we accepted an offer, Joanna was very efficient in tracking progress providing regular updates to us. Overall a great team who provided a very professional and friendly service.

6. A 5-star review by 'Sue' 10/7/2014

SK9
    £235000

Joanna Burnett

Finding a property was not easy especially when most of the agents were either not arranging viewings or the property was already sold before you went for viewing.Usually with the other agents, if we asked questions the staff were rude and dismissive. It was a difficult time looking as you were competing with investors and unhelpful agents.
    we found with Reeds Rains they were ready to help, try and make viewings when it was appropriate and as many as we needed. All questions were answered in a friendly manner, other potential properties were put forward and we felt the staff were trying... (read more)

7. A 1-star review by 'julia' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    38 Market Street (Abergele) (Conwy)
    ll22
    £550
    Would you use the agent again? No
    Upload a reviwer profile image

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS AGENT. THEY ARE BY FAR THE WORST AGENT I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. AS THE LANDLADY THEY RECEIVED 6 MONTHS RENT FROM MY TENANT IN ADVANCE AND THEN REFUSED TO PAY ME OTHER THAN IN MONTHLY BATCHES. IN ADDITION, DESPITE LEAVING MESSAGES REGULARLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY THEY NEVER CALL BACK. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

8. A 5-star review by 'Alex & Paul' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    3 High Street East (Wallsend) (Tyne & Wear)
    Tom , Amy
    NE6
    £600

Tom Amy

From my first contact to view properties my main contact was Tom who was able to book viewings at our specified time. When we found a property we liked Tom happily spoke to the landlords regarding our requirements and questions and kept in touch with us even if he hadn't got an answer, this is a great trait to install in any person as it give confidence that they do what they say. When finding our ideal property Tom liased regulary with the landlord and secured the property for us. The paperwork should of been easy but I kept forgetting to provide bits of inforamtion so Tom, Amy and Kate kept their cool with me and guided me along. The process has been speedy, pleasant and should I need to use Reeds Rains again I would happily do so as well as recommend their services.

9. A 5-star review by 'Belinda Dixon' 10/7/2014

Rebecca Todd
    Hu9
    £42000

Rebecca Todd

Despite been very familiar with the house buying process, we encountered several issues with this property that required much negotiation to resolve. We are greatly appreciative of the way all the staff worked together to achieve this purchase for us in a friendly yet fair manner. Becky in particular was excellent, often taking ownership of tasks over & above her role to assist the process - always remaining cheerful and positive whilst showing great understanding, efficiency and professionalism.

We would have no hesitation recommending Becky and the team at Holderness Road to friends & family.

10. A 5-star review by 'Kathryn Whittle' 10/7/2014

Branch:
    226 London Road (Waterlooville) (Hampshire)
    PO7
    £233000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Reeds Rains were flexible and accommodating when it came to booking viewings. Sarah Gazzard maintained good contact with myself and my husband throughout the buying process, and was also reachable via email or telephone. Sarah communicated with the sellers of our property and maintained a good link between us, supporting us with any issues or concerns, and helping with tests/surveys required stemming from the Homebuyer's Report.

We gave her a bottle of champers at the end of the process to thank her for her support throughout this.