FREE Valuation

King & Chasemore

Agent rating: 2.5 out of 5.0 based on 47 ratings. This website contains 47 user reviews of King & Chasemore.

• King & Chasemore has not joined our 'Transparent Agent' Scheme yet.

• "If only I had known about this site before..." is the most common comment we get posted from reviewers that have had a bad experience. So in response, allAgents has introduced the "transparent agent" scheme to help identify agents that are open about independent customer feedback and have nothing to hide. The scheme is FREE to join and as an incentive, allAgents will provide them with FREE LANDLORD & VENDOR ENQUIRES.

If however you do choose to use King & Chasemore, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Get a valuation from one of our 'transparent agents'.
Learn More   Hide

Smartphone? Scan It!

google_qr

Print | Save

Review Widget

Embed the allAgents reviews widget on your site! Customize it easily and just paste the code!

* - works only for premium support branches
Ratings Widget

This firm is ranked 12127 out of 14307 in the UK

Overall Customer Rating

2.47 out of 5.00

• 18 recommend
  • 29 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We pride ourselves in presentation and professionalism and to this end, it is our aim to provide our customers with the highest levels of service and commitment.

Page last updated on: 29-Jul-2015 20:11:08

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

1. A 5 -star review by ''

Bruno Sandilands, Marla Lovett
    £535000
    Bruno SandilandsMarla Lovett

Bruno and his team at the Storrington office provided fantastic service during the sale of my property. Out of the three estate agents I had interviewed, I chose King & Chasemore because Bruno made a real effort to get to know both me and the property his team were going to sell. He helped to progress the sale when things got stuck during conveyancing by talking to both solicitors and reporting back to me and the buyer. King & Chasemore's wide network of offices was also a selling point and their out-of-hours contact centre meant our buyer could call on a Sunday to book a viewing! I highly recommend Bruno and his team at the Storrington office. They are friendly, helpful and a credit to King & Chasemore.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  2. A 5 -star review by ''

Bruno Sandilands, Rebecca
    £235000
    Bruno SandilandsRebecca

We were very pleased with the service we received from K&C. At times, the process moved quite slowly but it was never K&C that caused this, in fact Bruno and Rebecca were often a great source of information and advice in such situations, I sometimes found that Bruno was having to explain things that really our solicitor should have! They liaised well with our own solicitor and others in the chain and pushed for exchange and completion dates at times when others seemed a little inactive. We were coping with some very upsetting family difficulties through the process and Bruno and Rebecca were very sympathetic and understanding and seemed to go the extra mile to bring the sale to a conclusion as swiftly as possible. I did feel that in retrospect, the initial valuation was a little high and unrealistic but this does not detract from the overall very good service received.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  3. A 4 -star review by ''

Bruno Sandilands , Marla Lovett
    £627000
    Bruno Sandilands Marla Lovett

Bruno and the team did a great job selling our houe. They gave claer advice and supported us through the stressful time of buying and selling.

Comments on the Agents fees

“FEE NEOGIATION WAS FINE AND VERY COMPETITIVE”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  4. A 4 -star review by ''

£432000
    Bruno Sandilands

Bruno at king and chasemore was very honest, professional and understanding with all aspects of my sale as i have sold my house which i inherited from my late fiance.
    i would like to thank him for everything he has done and he hard work in what has been a complicated chain.

5. View All Comments (1)by Bruno Sandilands  19/06/2015

Dear Tills, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on the service you received it was a pleasure working with you and helping you move. As you opted to use our sister company Countrywide Conveyancing Services to act for you legally it made the whole process a lot easier to manage. Good luck in your new home in Southwater and if we can be of any help in the future please let me know and when you are in the Village pop in for a tea or a coffee and a catch up.
  6. A 1 -star review by ''

Guy Craddock, Countrywide Lettings
    rh4
    £825
    Guy CraddockCountrywide Lettings

They are all absolutely terrible!! no one talks to anyone, their amazingly unorganized and have no idea what they are doing? i rented a beautiful house for 9 months, after 1 month the real view of it started to come through. terrible mould. now i've moved out (had no choice son was getting ill) and disputing monies, they have accused me of lieing! they tried to claim £1400 worth of damage due to damp from me but lost. would never ever recommend using these guys. for you own health and safety reasons!

“EXTORTIONATE!”

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“get a grip guys! what your doing is unfair to your customers and no wonder no one can afford to do anything in the property market!*”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  7. A 5 -star review by ''

£590000
    Bruno Sandilands

I had to put my father's house on the market earlier this year and three agents came to view it. Bruno Sandilands at King & Chasemore was the only one of the three who called me back afterwards to discuss the viewing and possible options. I was very impressed by Bruno's commitment, because I wanted an agent who would be committed to selling the house. From the beginning Bruno and his team of Alex and Marla were very enthusiastic about the house and its potential, and they conveyed that enthusiasm to potential buyers. On one day I had three separate viewings. The result is that contracts have been exchanged less than three months after the house first went on the market.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THE AGENT'S FEES WERE HIGHER THAN THE OTHER TWO AGENTS I SAW, BUT THE AGENT WAS HAPPY TO NEGOTIATE A COMPROMISE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  8. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    6 St. Georges Road (Kemp Town) (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    Sam Stevens , Natalie Shevket
    bn2
    £1650
    Sam Stevens Natalie Shevket

These have to be worst letting agents in the UK. Right from the onset the service has been horrible with the lettings officer being uncooperative and rude. After inspecting the premises we had asked for certain issues to be resolved, which had not been attended to at the point of moving in. unbelievably neither have they all been resolved after almost 10 months into the tenancy! i am fed up with this people

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  9. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    33 South Street (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    Maria Coysh
    Bn11
    £920
    Maria Coysh

I have a very big complaint about your worthing lettings office
    I rented my house out on march 2014 for a year 6 month break clause
    I dealt with Jessica Through all the paper work, but then it was passed over to the accounts manager Maria Coysh
    For the first 6 months rent went through on time always 6 days after the 7th of every month..
    In August 2014 the rent was late I spoke to Maria and when she had spoken to the tenants and got back to me, they had said they cancelled their standing order because they had just got married, and then paid his August rent by card over the phone..
    These... (read more)

Comments on the Agents fees

“£115.00 TO DO NOTHING IS A LOT WHEN LANDLORD CHASES RENT THEMSELVES”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  10. A 1 -star review by ''

Bn3
    £1300
    Would you use the agent again? No

Incompetent is an understatement. From the time we first went with them we've had nothing but problems. When we first moved in we were mislead about fees and now that we have moved out they are not returning any of my calls or emails regarding the return of my deposit. It's been a month since I moved out and feel that the house was left in an excellent condition. Since then we have heard nothing and every time I call their office all I get are excuses, such as 'oh I've been on holiday for 2 weeks' or 'we haven't managed to talk to your landlord yet'. Surely they have the power to act in 'the tenants' favour and help then recover their deposit. This government deposit scheme was supposed to safeguard us against this but it feels like their is a giant loophole, as the landlord is allowed to have as long as he likes to decide whether or not to charge us anything or to agree to releasing the deposit back to the tenants. How is this fair?

Comments on the Agents fees

“OVER CHARGED FOR A VERY POOR SERVICE AND MISSED ADVISED WHEN AGREED TO THE LETTING.”

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Respond to phone calls and emails. Actually keep the tenant informed.”

11. 1

£575000
    Would you use the agent again? No

Pushy agent, the "Manager" came to see me. very fake and insincere - told me how wonderful my property was and then spent the next 30 mins trying to get me to sign up with him. telling me about buyers and how no other agent has coverage he does. when I finally relented and asked the commission, it was by far the highest I had from 3 agents. I said if its so easy to sell why would I pay you more. another 15 mins of waffle. Needless to say did not use them and will not even look through them

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Changed to pushy guy coming to see me”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  12. How much is my property worth?

FREE valuation
  13. A 1 -star review by ''

bn1
    Would you use the agent again? No

Made a huge error with our contract renewal. Charged us then claimed new comntract was invalid.

Took ages to get blinds ready on house.

Really rude and refused to apologize despite errors

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  14. A 5 -star review by ''

£395000
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Have bought and sold through King and Chasemore this year. A new team has clearly distanced themselves from previous comments on here - I found them great to deal with. They sold my property very quickly where my previous agent failed and they were always on the end of the phone when I needed them. A few minor issues on my purchase were 'nipped in the bud' early on which made the whole process very smooth. If I move again, will definitely be in touch. Thank you all.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY CHARGED A BIT MORE THAN THE FIRST AGENT I WAS WITH, BUT THAT DIDN\'T MATTER AS I GOT THE RESULT I WANTED”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  15. A 1 -star review by ''

Would you use the agent again? No

I contacted a member of staff from the Storrington branch inviting him to value and market my house
    During his visit he told me that he had one or two people that would definitely be interested in my house
    cutting a long conversation short, he went on to say that if I paid £200 up front it would speed up the process, better and wider advertising. I stupidly signed, but did say not to withdraw any money until I had checked my bank (i would let him know the next day) however, when I checked by bank statement the money had been withdrawn. I was furious, rang the office, also called in... (read more)

16. View All Comments (1)by Bruno Sandilands  26/05/2015

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I took over King & Chasemore Storrington as the Branch Manager in March 2014 and this complaint dates back to before that time to the previous manager. As soon as I noticed this review I got in touch with the customer and listened to her concerns as I feel strongly about our customer's feelings and our reputation. As soon as I discussed and listened to Harriet's issue I came up with a solution immediately. I contacted our Head Office and arranged a re-fund for the £200 which was paid back straight away. Harriet was very pleased with this outcome and would very happily use King & Chasemore now and recommend our services to other clients now she knows how much we care about our customers and what they think of our business. All the best for the future Harriet and we look forward to helping you in the future.
  17. 2

bn3
    £1050
    Would you use the agent again? No

Agent did not turn up to the appointment, although i got confirmation that she was coming on the the day itself. Waited for about half an hour then rang again and was told agent has gone to another appointment (?!!) So i asked the man answering the phone call what was happening, he said he would try to locate veronica. I tried to give him my number so he could ring me back, unfortunately he hung up on me. To save yourself time, and frustration, please do not choose this estate agent.

18. 1

Branch:
    49-50 Lewes Road (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    Would you use the agent again? No

I contacted King and Chasemore for a market appraisal. I chose them because they telephoned me every day for six months, because I had previously been on the market 2 years ago.
    At first they photographed and marketed and promised everything under the sun. Feedback, a sale, negotiations, a regular update. This is not what I experienced. Their pitch was agressive, to say the least. Based on a couple of offers, they advised me drop my price but I refused. After 5 weeks of scattered communication between 5 staff members and myself I dis-instructed King and Chasemore and went elsewhere for... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“The agent couldn\'t have said or done anything. Much staff training and a different approach is needed.”

19. 1

Branch:
    52 Norfolk Square (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    bn2
    £1050
    Would you use the agent again? No

I rented out my house with King & Chasemore because of their name, but now i realise the smaller the company, the better.
    The staff themselves were nice enough, but there was so many errors in the paperwork that i couldnt risk them working for me any longer. (they blamed it all on head-office..i dont doubt that)
    I even had to carry out the mid-tenacy inspection by myself, even after paying 10% a month, i just expected a lot more of a service, in the end i ended up having to pay £600 to get rid of them (the agent, not the tenants). Imagine my annoyance when 2 weeks after this the tenants announced they were moving out...they said 'oh, we told the office 3 weeks ago'.
    lesson learnt

20. 2

bn41
    £1000
    Would you use the agent again? No

King and Chasemore have lied constantly during my tenancy to myself and my landlords. They told my landlords I could no longer afford the rent so that they could kick me out and increase the rent, getting then a larger %. Legally you can only increase by 10% per year but this wasn't enough of an increase fir them. They are also brutal with the company they use to 'check out'. Conveniently much more thorough than 'check in'; as a result are claiming to keep 70% of my deposit! Don't trust these agents, they will lie and screw you over for money!!
    Steer well clear!!!

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Other Agent fees were far more reasonable. Another way King and Chasemore con money from people. Disgraceful.”

21. 1

A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    201 Preston Road (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    Rodger Heasman

I was skeptical at first about using King & Chasemore estate agents due to other estate agents warning me of bad reviews. I would just like to say that my experience couldnt of been any better, The professionalism of every single staff member was outstanding. I was updated every single step of the way from how many viewings i had right through to the day i handed my keys over. I can not reccomend this agency enough, I advise anyone wanting to sell or buy to go and visit the team at the Preston Park office.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  22. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    201 Preston Road (Brighton) (East Sussex)

23. 3

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Would you use the agent again? No

Absolutely dreadful agent , use them at your peril, and that's coming from some-one who actually used to be an estate agent. I cannot stress how bad they are. All the staff are inexperienced and do not have a clue how to progress a sale. They are only good for meeting you at properties and doing viewing, and they can't even do that very well. The managers don't have a clue what they are doing and could quite possible sabotage the whole deal. God only knows what they actually tell sellers and vendors, you get the impression its rather like Chinese whispers and actually what you told them gets changed as its passed down the chain. They lie, make up everything, and basically do absolutely nothing once they have the sale agreed. I have never come across such an unprofessional agent. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. Do not use them. I can't even put into words how bad they are. Oh , and do not use their solicitor , who never returns calls or emails. A bit like the agent.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  24. How much is my property worth?

25. 2

Branch:
    6 St. Georges Road (Kemp Town) (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    BN2
    Would you use the agent again? No

My experience with the K&C office in Kemp Town left me exasperated. I got little or no feedback, was given incorrect information and was also told lies. I had to do a lot of the work post offer, the agents just disappeared once we had a sale agreed.
    A smart suit or dress does not make a professional

26. 3

Branch:
    West Street (Midhurst) (West Sussex)
    No postcode selected.
    Would you use the agent again? No

One of the worst agents I have ever used. Terrible!!! Did nothing to sell the property over a 6 week period. Was not available to discuss the status or options. Even put the "for sale" sign outside a house two doors away which caused major problems with neighbours and sent us a letter congratulating us on the sale of our house even though we had not received any offer. Such a poor customer service is shocking!!! Even after we cancelled the agreement, the continued to advertise the property.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  27. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    18 Station Road (Bognor Regis) (West Sussex)
    po22
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Had a number of agents out all very similar all trying to strong arm me into signing up with them with the promise of a "Quick Sale" King & Chasemore sent round their regional manager Tim Jacks straight away you could tell this guy knew his apples, very pleasant, interested in what i wanted and a wealth of knowledge on the area and what my property could achieve. Put up with my endless calls (about property i was buying and not through him!) got me a good price and had no issues (apart from my solicitor and agent i was buying through). Have already recommended to a friend of mine looking to move

28. 2

Would you use the agent again? No

I am currently trying to find a property to rent in the Brighton area and am finding the experience really disheartening.

For the past six months, I have been looking for a one bedroom flat for myself and my Wife.

Throughout the process we have been consistently lied to by letting agents in the most callous and calculated way.

Some of the lies are small- such as promising to phone us back to tell us if we have been successful in being chosen for a property we have asked for. Thus far, not one has called us back.

Some of the lies are big- we were recently told the property we... (read more)

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  29. A 1 -star review by ''

Jonathan , kate
    Jonathan kate

I found King & Chasemore through Right Move for a property that I was told was dog friendly so I went to view it. I viewed the property and wanted to take it but as there were 2 others viewing the property they would let me know. I went to the K&C office in Hove East Sussex after the viewing as I was passing and spoke to Jonathan who was helpful and took my details that were scribbled on a rough note pad and said that he would call me that day or tomorrow with an answer.
    I heard nothing that day so I called them the next day to be told that it was Jonathan's day off today and... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“I will never use King & Chasemore. They are completely useless. They need to have a massive overhaul on staff training and customer care.”

30. 2

Branch:
    10 South Street (Lancing) (West Sussex)
    BN15
    Would you use the agent again? No

The staff were very rude to my wife and did not seem interested in showing us any properties. worst customer service I have ever experienced.

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“The agent should have been more polite and actually do their job which is selling homes.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  31. A 5 -star review by ''

Antonia Norrington
    bn35
    Antonia Norrington

I found King and Chasemore to act in atotally professional fashion throughout the process of letting our flat and Antonia Norrington was at all times efficient and charming and represented the company in a most professional way at all times.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  32. A 5 -star review by ''

Branch:
    45 High Street (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    RH10
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Fantastic service from start to finish - couldn't fault them and would highly reccommend!!
    The staff and Manager were prepared to go above and beyond, and achieved a great price for our property

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  33. A 1 -star review by ''

Branch:
    52 Norfolk Square (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    bn3
    Would you use the agent again? No

Avoid this agency at all costs. The staff can be very unprofessional when you need them. Had to call a lawyer twice to ask for help as they were trying to enter my property without me being there and tried to convince me that that's the law when it isn't. They also constantly say they will call back and then don't. The contract renewal was due months ago and I'm only able so sign it now, late. I'm so happy when my tenancy is over so that I don't need to deal with their unprofessional manners anymore. Also their fees are ridiculous as per usual here in Brighton.

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Feature This Review
  34. A 5 -star review by ''

rh12
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

I am am really pleased with the service I recieved fron king and chasemore. They were so helpful and made my house move go more smoothly. I would recommend them to others.

Page: