Browse agents by letter
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sell or Rent Property with LOW FEES

King & Chasemore

Agent rating: 2.4 out of 5.0 based on 37 ratings. This website contains 37 user reviews of King & Chasemore.

Filter Reviews

• 13 recommend
  • 24 disapprove

League Table Rankings:

Agent Information

We pride ourselves in presentation and professionalism and to this end, it is our aim to provide our customers with the highest levels of service and commitment.

King & Chasemore has not joined our 'transparent agent' scheme yet.

Click here and Join the 1000s of Delighted customers that have had success with our recommended agents. If however you do choose to use King & Chasemore, please make them aware of the scheme and ask them to get in touch if they want to become a member. - Learn more about 'Transparent Agents'.

Customer Reviews  (Page 1 of 2)

Page last updated on: 21-Nov-2014 11:38:43

1. A 1-star review by 'Danny' 10/10/2014

bn1
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Made a huge error with our contract renewal. Charged us then claimed new comntract was invalid.

Took ages to get blinds ready on house.

Really rude and refused to apologize despite errors

2. A 5-star review by 'Serial Housemover' 30/9/2014

Sold Price
    £395000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Have bought and sold through King and Chasemore this year. A new team has clearly distanced themselves from previous comments on here - I found them great to deal with. They sold my property very quickly where my previous agent failed and they were always on the end of the phone when I needed them. A few minor issues on my purchase were 'nipped in the bud' early on which made the whole process very smooth. If I move again, will definitely be in touch. Thank you all.

Comments on the Agents fees

“THEY CHARGED A BIT MORE THAN THE FIRST AGENT I WAS WITH, BUT THAT DIDN\'T MATTER AS I GOT THE RESULT I WANTED”

3. A 1-star review by 'Harriet' 29/9/2014

Branch:
    30 High Street (Storrington) (West Sussex)
    , nr Arundel nr Arundel
    RH20

nr Arundel nr Arundel

I contacted a member of staff from the Storrington branch inviting him to value and market my house
    During his visit he told me that he had one or two people that would definitely be interested in my house
    cutting a long conversation short, he went on to say that if I paid £200 up front it would speed up the process, better and wider advertising. I stupidly signed, but did say not to withdraw any money until I had checked my bank (i would let him know the next day) however, when I checked by bank statement the money had been withdrawn. I was furious, rang the office, also called in... (read more)

4. 1

A 1-star review by 'Suyan' 7/9/2014

bn3
    £1050
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Agent did not turn up to the appointment, although i got confirmation that she was coming on the the day itself. Waited for about half an hour then rang again and was told agent has gone to another appointment (?!!) So i asked the man answering the phone call what was happening, he said he would try to locate veronica. I tried to give him my number so he could ring me back, unfortunately he hung up on me. To save yourself time, and frustration, please do not choose this estate agent.

5. 1

A 1-star review by 'Deborah' 2/9/2014

Branch:
    49-50 Lewes Road (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I contacted King and Chasemore for a market appraisal. I chose them because they telephoned me every day for six months, because I had previously been on the market 2 years ago.
    At first they photographed and marketed and promised everything under the sun. Feedback, a sale, negotiations, a regular update. This is not what I experienced. Their pitch was agressive, to say the least. Based on a couple of offers, they advised me drop my price but I refused. After 5 weeks of scattered communication between 5 staff members and myself I dis-instructed King and Chasemore and went elsewhere for... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“The agent couldn\'t have said or done anything. Much staff training and a different approach is needed.”

6. 1

A 1-star review by 'theprice' 28/7/2014

Branch:
    52 Norfolk Square (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    bn2
    £1050
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I rented out my house with King & Chasemore because of their name, but now i realise the smaller the company, the better.
    The staff themselves were nice enough, but there was so many errors in the paperwork that i couldnt risk them working for me any longer. (they blamed it all on head-office..i dont doubt that)
    I even had to carry out the mid-tenacy inspection by myself, even after paying 10% a month, i just expected a lot more of a service, in the end i ended up having to pay £600 to get rid of them (the agent, not the tenants). Imagine my annoyance when 2 weeks after this the tenants announced they were moving out...they said 'oh, we told the office 3 weeks ago'.
    lesson learnt

7. 2

A 1-star review by 'MR FELLFORTHEBULLSHIT' 13/6/2014

bn41
    £1000
    Upload a reviwer profile image

King and Chasemore have lied constantly during my tenancy to myself and my landlords. They told my landlords I could no longer afford the rent so that they could kick me out and increase the rent, getting then a larger %. Legally you can only increase by 10% per year but this wasn't enough of an increase fir them. They are also brutal with the company they use to 'check out'. Conveniently much more thorough than 'check in'; as a result are claiming to keep 70% of my deposit! Don't trust these agents, they will lie and screw you over for money!!
    Steer well clear!!!

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Other Agent fees were far more reasonable. Another way King and Chasemore con money from people. Disgraceful.”

8. 1

A 5-star review by 'Mrs T' 14/5/2014

Rodger Heasman

I was skeptical at first about using King & Chasemore estate agents due to other estate agents warning me of bad reviews. I would just like to say that my experience couldnt of been any better, The professionalism of every single staff member was outstanding. I was updated every single step of the way from how many viewings i had right through to the day i handed my keys over. I can not reccomend this agency enough, I advise anyone wanting to sell or buy to go and visit the team at the Preston Park office.

9. A 5-star review by 'Mrs T' 10/5/2014

10. 3

A 1-star review by 'Not happy' 16/4/2014

Sales (as a Buyer)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Absolutely dreadful agent , use them at your peril, and that’s coming from some-one who actually used to be an estate agent. I cannot stress how bad they are. All the staff are inexperienced and do not have a clue how to progress a sale. They are only good for meeting you at properties and doing viewing, and they can’t even do that very well. The managers don’t have a clue what they are doing and could quite possible sabotage the whole deal. God only knows what they actually tell sellers and vendors, you get the impression its rather like Chinese whispers and actually what you told them gets changed as its passed down the chain. They lie, make up everything, and basically do absolutely nothing once they have the sale agreed. I have never come across such an unprofessional agent. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. Do not use them. I can’t even put into words how bad they are. Oh , and do not use their solicitor , who never returns calls or emails. A bit like the agent.

1. 2

A 1-star review by 'M' 22/3/2014

Branch:
    6 St. Georges Road (Kemp Town) (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    BN2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

My experience with the K&C office in Kemp Town left me exasperated. I got little or no feedback, was given incorrect information and was also told lies. I had to do a lot of the work post offer, the agents just disappeared once we had a sale agreed.
    A smart suit or dress does not make a professional

2. 2

A 1-star review by 'etlhmhn' 9/3/2014

Branch:
    West Street (Midhurst) (West Sussex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

One of the worst agents I have ever used. Terrible!!! Did nothing to sell the property over a 6 week period. Was not available to discuss the status or options. Even put the "for sale" sign outside a house two doors away which caused major problems with neighbours and sent us a letter congratulating us on the sale of our house even though we had not received any offer. Such a poor customer service is shocking!!! Even after we cancelled the agreement, the continued to advertise the property.

3. A 5-star review by 'Thankful From Bognor!' 27/1/2014

Branch:
    18 Station Road (Bognor Regis) (West Sussex)

po22
    Would you use the agent again? Yes

Had a number of agents out all very similar all trying to strong arm me into signing up with them with the promise of a "Quick Sale" King & Chasemore sent round their regional manager Tim Jacks straight away you could tell this guy knew his apples, very pleasant, interested in what i wanted and a wealth of knowledge on the area and what my property could achieve. Put up with my endless calls (about property i was buying and not through him!) got me a good price and had no issues (apart from my solicitor and agent i was buying through). Have already recommended to a friend of mine looking to move

4. 2

A 1-star review by 'Alistair McCall' 27/1/2014

Upload a reviwer profile image

I am currently trying to find a property to rent in the Brighton area and am finding the experience really disheartening.

For the past six months, I have been looking for a one bedroom flat for myself and my Wife.

Throughout the process we have been consistently lied to by letting agents in the most callous and calculated way.

Some of the lies are small- such as promising to phone us back to tell us if we have been successful in being chosen for a property we have asked for. Thus far, not one has called us back.

Some of the lies are big- we were recently told the property we... (read more)

5. A 1-star review by 'Claire' 24/1/2014

Jonathan , kate

Jonathan kate

I found King & Chasemore through Right Move for a property that I was told was dog friendly so I went to view it. I viewed the property and wanted to take it but as there were 2 others viewing the property they would let me know. I went to the K&C office in Hove East Sussex after the viewing as I was passing and spoke to Jonathan who was helpful and took my details that were scribbled on a rough note pad and said that he would call me that day or tomorrow with an answer.
    I heard nothing that day so I called them the next day to be told that it was Jonathan's day off today and... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“I will never use King & Chasemore. They are completely useless. They need to have a massive overhaul on staff training and customer care.”

6. 2

A 1-star review by 'Al' 11/10/2013

Branch:
    10 South Street (Lancing) (West Sussex)
    BN15
    Upload a reviwer profile image

The staff were very rude to my wife and did not seem interested in showing us any properties. worst customer service I have ever experienced.

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“The agent should have been more polite and actually do their job which is selling homes.”

7. A 5-star review by 'stuart large' 4/6/2013

Antonia Norrington
    bn35

Antonia Norrington

I found King and Chasemore to act in atotally professional fashion throughout the process of letting our flat and Antonia Norrington was at all times efficient and charming and represented the company in a most professional way at all times.

8. A 5-star review by 'Mr Bionic' 31/5/2013

Branch:
    45 High Street (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    RH10
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Fantastic service from start to finish - couldn't fault them and would highly reccommend!!
    The staff and Manager were prepared to go above and beyond, and achieved a great price for our property

9. A 1-star review by 'tenant' 29/5/2013

Branch:
    52 Norfolk Square (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    bn3
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Avoid this agency at all costs. The staff can be very unprofessional when you need them. Had to call a lawyer twice to ask for help as they were trying to enter my property without me being there and tried to convince me that that's the law when it isn't. They also constantly say they will call back and then don't. The contract renewal was due months ago and I'm only able so sign it now, late. I'm so happy when my tenancy is over so that I don't need to deal with their unprofessional manners anymore. Also their fees are ridiculous as per usual here in Brighton.

10. A 5-star review by 'amanda' 27/5/2013

rh12
    Upload a reviwer profile image

I am am really pleased with the service I recieved fron king and chasemore. They were so helpful and made my house move go more smoothly. I would recommend them to others.

1. A 1-star review by 'Ramjet' 30/4/2013

Branch:
    6 St. Georges Road (Kemp Town) (Brighton) (East Sussex)
    BN2
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Typical estate agency where no one wants to make any effort to match landlords with tenants. I explained at length my financial circumstances - just left my last position after 7 years to start up my own company. Offered one year's rent upfront on a one year lease but the landlord apparently prefers to offer a one year lease to someone who is in employment today but may not have a job tomorrow.. The agent was unable or unwilling to explain to the landlord the benefit of receiving all of the money for the lease upfront rather than be paid monthly and be wholly dependent upon the tenant remaining in employment for the period of the lease. One wonders what estate agents like this actually do to justify their commissions. Apparently they have "rules" and anything that is slightly different to the "rules"does not merit consideration.

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“They should have explained to the landlord clearly and concisely that they had a prospective tenant who was happy to pay one year\'s rent upfront for the one year lease that was being offered. They might also have added that the prospective tenant had been renting a property via Hamptons for the past 7 years, at double the monthly rent that is being asked for the property they are offering, with an impeccable record throughout all of that time (Hamptons, like King and Chasemore are part of Countrywide Plc.). The fact that they were unable to convey this information to the landlord speaks volumes about either the mental acuity of this company\'s employees or their willingness to do the job they are being paid to do, i.e.match landlords to tenants. Go figure.”

2. A 4-star review by 'Sue Willis' 23/4/2013

Antonia Norrington, Amy
    RH12

Antonia NorringtonAmy

Both Antonia and Amy were really helpful and friendly and found me a new tenant for my cottage very quickly.

3. 1

A 5-star review by 'Phoenix2006' 18/4/2013

Branch:
    79 Felpham Road (Bognor Regis) (West Sussex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

At a recent viewing Anna was not only well presented, polite and friendly but very patient and knowledgable of both vendor, property and community. She demonstrated her professionalism and passion for the industry which is always nice to see- 5 Star service.

4. A 1-star review by 'Eye' 25/3/2013

Branch:
    The Estate Office Station Road Crawley Down West (Crawley) (West Sussex)
    Rh10

King And chasemore , Crawley
    Éven 2 weeks after what happen I still frustrated and I can't believe
    I would like to say to anyone to avoid king and chasemore Crawley
    100/. Dodger the manager Steve....is verry rude. Improfessionel
    You can't buy a house with them , he decide who can have have it
    Means on our case our offers was agree by the owner but this
    Manager took an offers below mine because is getting commission
    Never never I will deal with them in king and chasemore
    At Crawley there is a depress manager who. Will do it all wrong
    For u

5. 3

A 1-star review by 'J Lawson' 12/1/2013

Branch:
    35 Cornfield Road (Eastbourne) (East Sussex)
    Patricia Chambis
    bn20

Patricia Chambis

We had our property for sale with the Eastbourne office and accepted a 2% fee. We expected a Gold service. Our experiences turned out to be far from our original expectations.
    We weren't told that the property had been put on the web, or shown any advertising. When we went online and found that the house advertised. The photographs were appalling the main picture of the house showed more of the grass verge, footpath and the wall at the front of the house. This made a large three bedroom look like a small cottage as it was so far away. Some pictures of the inside were no better.
    On... (read more)

6. 4

A 1-star review by 'Very Very Poor - Chancers' 5/12/2012

Tim Jacks

Tim Jacks

If you want someone to over-estimate the value of your property, put it up for sale, then wait and see what happens then these are the guys. If you want communication, professional service, considered honest opinions, then you need to look elsewhere. After they put my property on the market the problems began. The description on the websites was woeful and I asked them to change some details and gave them really basic stuff to add. They did it, eventually. They advertised an open day for three weekends running and didn't take it off the website until I asked and they have never been in... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Behaved in a professional manner instead of the, sadly, inept stereotype.”

7. 5

A 1-star review by 'Keep ignoring me and see what you get' 22/9/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

Appalling service would be a complement for K&C. We contacted K&C for a valuation, and only as their sign happened to be on a property next door. They came out within a few days, but from then on it was a constant chase to get any information and a constant stream of lies "I will print it out now and bring it around immediately" was a good one... just prior to doing nothing and going away the next day. I spoke to at least 3 of their staff that all made promised to get us the information immediately, but after 3 weeks(!!!) we have finally had enough. Today's laughable response from them was "we offer [valuation as] a free service" to which I immediately responded "but you offer no service at all". Basically I have told these jokers that we, and no one we know, will ever have dealing with their company again.

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“Not lie repeatedly? Not ignore (repeatedly) a potential custom with 3 properties in their area.”

8. 5

A 1-star review by 'Hove professional' 13/9/2012

Upload a reviwer profile image

This business appears to operate as a mortgage advisor with a sideline in estate agency. As a result of our experiences with them we now actively avoid properties marketed by K&C and certainly would never engage them to sell a property.

- After putting in an offer on a property with the local office marketing it, there was silence for several days. It turned out that this was because we had originally registered with an office on the other side of town and, apparently because of K&C's policies and inter-office rivalries, the local office wouldn't get a purchase by us (or a... (read more)

9. 12

A 1-star review by 'Thumbs down to King and Chasemore Goring.' 13/3/2012

Branch:
    329 Goring Road (Goring-by-Sea) (Worthing) (West Sussex)
    Upload a reviwer profile image

We were prospective first time buyers with a large deposit. We had already met with a financial advisor from an independant agent and so knew what we were able to borrow and who the mortgage would be with when we had decided upon a property to buy. We saw the property in question and asked for a viewing, to be fair this was accomodated quite quickly and we went on a Thursday evening. We liked the property and so followed up with an offer on Friday which was not accepted by the vendor so we went in with a second offer which was accepted. We then phoned our Mortgage man who advised that if King... (read more)

What could King & Chasemore do to change your mind??

“There is no need to have a mortgage in place before offering on a property, they need to be honest with themselves as well as those who wish to buy through them, whilst acting in the best interest of their client. King and Chasemore repeatedly told us that it was the vendor requesting assurances that we had the money to proceed before accepting the final offer but we phoned about a different property and were asked to jump through the same hoops so it seems more company policy than the vendor. Honesty is the best policy and this agent more than the others that we have dealt with recently DO NOT MAKE THE GRADE.”

Report Abuse 0 Uploads Agent Response & Comments (2) Feature This Review
  10. View All Comments (2)by Peter 23  24/05/2012

Excellent note and unfortunately this appears to be K&C's MO. Similar tactics were used for the purchase of our house in the Crawley office. Costs us £12k. No work was carried out by the agent on a property that carried a number of idiosyncrasies (Listing et al..). We also decided to rent the property for a relatively short period. From there, we suffered the full brunt of K&C's staff's incompetence and "commercial acumen". Massively inflated quotes for repairs, no care taken to protect our interests, complete disregard of damage made by the tenants and employment of even more incompetent parties to complete other tasks. All in, having to deal with people with little or no ethics and professional aptitude for their actual role (i.e. serving the client) is difficult. The constant battling with one's agent is simply appalling and requires reform. I suspect this to be an industry-wide issue although there are notable exceptions which stand out as the overall level of care applied is so poor. Pete.
  11. 1

A 5-star review by 'Anjie' 28/11/2011

No branch selected
    Upload a reviwer profile image

Anjie- Amazing service provided by this letting agent who I cannot recommend highly enough, professional well managed team who found tenants for my property inside a week at a very good rental, they then have been managing my house for the last few months, particualr praise to Peter and his team and Kerry who takes care of the property management side.
    Look no further when choosing an agent they should be renamed King and Caremore! compared to the other womabats in Horsham who sadly i used in the past!

Page: