OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We are committed to providing a high quality Estate Agency service to all our clients and members of the public. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please write to the Manager of the office about which you have the complaint – either Wakefield, Ossett, Horbury or Normanton and they will deal with your complaint.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint, within 3 working days and will ask you to confirm or explain any further details we need.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within 2 working days of receiving your complaint.
- We will then, promptly, start to investigate your complaint. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of the receipt of your complaint. Our investigation may involve one or more of the following steps:
- We may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint.
- We may examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. We may then ask them for more information. This will take up to 3 working days from receiving their reply and the file.
- We may feel it beneficial to invite you to meet with us to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 3 working days of receiving all the details we need from the member of staff who acted for you.
- Within 3 working days of the meeting we will write to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting, it is not possible or it is considered not necessary, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can contact us again. Our Partners Claire Kendall and Simon Kendall will then arrange to review our decision within 10 working days. In the event that the complaint is about, or involves Claire Kendall or Simon Kendall, then Richard Kendall, The Principal will review our decision instead.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also provide you with the Consumer Guide provided by Property Ombudsman for Estate Agents. A copy of the The Property Ombudsman’s Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents will also be provided to you, upon request.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.