May 05,2011
May 05,2011
I found a small flat to rent that they advertised and the day before I was due to take the keys, I was told that I would need a guarantor as my job reference had come back looking dodgy!?! I am a qualified accountant earning over £30K a year and I am starting a new permanent job and it turns out that as I am in a probationary period that they want extra security which I have never heard of. I told them that I am 32 yr old male and there is no one I know what would act as a guarantor. I resent being treated like a student and they spoke to me as if I was a DSS claimant.

Anyway, they called the landlord and they said he wanted double the deposit for a one bed flat that is £400/month?!?! What a joke. They make it up as they go along and treated me like a piece of something on your shoe. I told them that they are being ridiculous and that I have never had any problems with any references also bearing in mind my previous letting agents references came back fine. So, I told them that I wanted a refund of the £270 fee (which in itself is daylight robbery) and now I have been told that I need to speak to the manager.

Do not use them under any circumstance. They had the cheek to pull this on the day before we had agreed for me to meet them to collect the keys and I know for a fact that they had the job reference details at least two days before this. Jokers, the lot of them. Will never use them again.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Allen & Harris Office 3! To leave a new review of Allen & Harris Office 3, please click the link below !
Write a review for Allen & Harris Office 3