May 04,2011
May 04,2011
Please do not use this company, they have caused us no end of trouble since the moment we informed them we were leaving our property.

They conveniently misplaced our inventory instructions and have forced us into arbitration.

They charged us excessive fees to leave the property early, contradicting the arrangement we had with one of the agents.

They change their stories on a daily basis, contradict each other giving the impression they make fees up as they go along.

We were pleased with the agency when we first took on our tenancy as the process was swift and organised. Unfortunately they let themselves down at the end of the process which will dissuade people from repeat business.

Be careful and be prepared to ask a lot of questions.
By: Manager
Oct 31, 2011
Please let me know what property you rent and I will investigate what your issues are so we can resolve them ASAP.
By: Phyl
Oct 19, 2011
I rented a flat via CityZen after I saw these bad reviews of them.
I thought I wouldn't be so unfortunate to come across any difficulties with them.
But one thing I can confirm is, they are extremely irresponsible. They promised something but after I paid the rent they are like I never promised you this and that. I used to have Foxtons as my previous agent. I have heard some bad thing about them, but comparing to CityZen, Foxtons is way more responsible and caring about their tenant.
Anyways, whatever I request from the landlord/agent, they never do it. Sometimes I doubt if the agent even passed my request to the landlord. All their excuses are, the landlord is not in the country bla bla bla and the answer is alway a NO. They don't even reply you on on the same day, ok that's fine. Sometimes I have to wait for 3-4 days to get their reply for a small request like if I can have some tables removed or a question about the phone line.
I don't know if I am asking for too much but that's one of the reason people rent a property via an agency. The point is, my property is fully managed under CityZen. This is actually like I am renting a flat from a private landlord whom I can never speak to.
For my previous 2 years experience with Foxtons, I never had this frustration and the rent there was even cheaper than what I am paying now.
I am very disappointed and just hoping to finish this one year tenancy asap.
This is to remind anybody who's thinking of renting a flat via CityZen.
BE PREPARED, YOU ARE GONNA BE ON YOUR OWN. YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
By: Ducatti
May 18, 2011
One word = Blackmail! Ridiculous plea from you here. If any landlords/tenants reading this, please listen to my words to avoid Cityzen. Do not be fooled.
By: Manager CityZEN
May 06, 2011
As the agent concerened, i would like to make a few comments on the situation to clarify.
1. We have not conveniently lost your inventory instructions. We could argue that you have conveniently lost your email that you state to have sent to us.
2. We have a copy of the inventory that clearly shows the state of the property when you moved in. If damage has been done to the property and you disagree then as is the legal process this can be agreed by arbitration form the deposit scheme that your deposit has been registered with.
2.Our fees for tenants are transparent for all to see on our reservation form when tenants sign up for a property. We have no hidden charges.
3.The fees that you were requested to pay were to release you early from the legally binding tenancy agreement. It was only agreed that these charges would be dropped subject to you moving into another one of our properties. The fact you then reneged on this and decided to move somewhere else with another agent meant that you could not then vacate the property early without having to pay the fees that the landlord would expect to be refunded. This is standard practice and included in most tenancy agreements. Given that the you were allowed to move out the day you originally requested ( 1 month earlier than the legally binding contract allowed) I do not understand why you have an issue with this.
It is great to hear that you had no issues during the move in and during the tenancy and am sorry that it has ended in this manner. If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact CityZEN .

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of CityZen Estate Agents Ltd London! To leave a new review of CityZen Estate Agents Ltd London, please click the link below !
Write a review for CityZen Estate Agents Ltd London