Jun 25,2014
By: 'Doonhamer'
Jun 25,2014
Realter were acting as the proxy landlord for the property we were renting and any issues that were reported had to repeatedly be reported 3 or 4 more times before anything was done.

Some issues were reported and no action was performed against them. This caused myself and my partner to look for another property with a different landlord. We gave more than the recomended notice period as well.

We left the house in an immaculate state (better than how we received it) and this was confirmed in our exit inspection. However after much chasing and hounding, we finally received our deposit for the property back 3 months later. Due to the deposit scheme I have been informed that 2 weeks is the usual. Realter had no answer to this.

We also over paid rent as the final payment amount was not verified by the rent due date. We confirmed the amount needing to be paid back to ourselves and almost 6 months later we are still waiting for it.

As an additional note, the receptionist does not take your details when you call and specifically ask for a call back. They also claim to have called myself back at times to give me information and said they had no answer. I do have an answer phone and they could have left messages which would have helped to speed the situation up, however the fact that I didnt even have a missed call register leads me to believe they didnt even try to call me.

Worth avoiding at all costs. 6 months of constant calling and the initial 3 months of not having a deposit back is a costly experience.
Paid back the deposit in a timely manner. Actually responded to faults being reported. They were unhelpful in all cases.
Attached Files