Properties Glasgow - Infiniti Properties
Apr 25,2011
Apr 25,2011
I wouldn't recommend Steyn Lettings at all. We had various issues during our stay. Repairs weren't done in a timely fashion, we had to chase constantly for updates. We were accused of keeping a cat in our flat against the terms of the lease, despite the fact I moved into the flat after checking that pets were allowed. (It was the only reason I moved in!)

During our final check out we were told that the only issue noted was a missing mattress protector. However we received a check out report a few days later with photographs of a ceiling light with some dust on it, a cobweb in the corner of a room, etc. I'd spent 8 hours cleaning the flat myself, hired a carpet cleaner, and hired a cleaning company for a few hours too, so it wasn't dirty by any means. It felt underhanded that they told us the inspection was over, waited until we left and then sniffed around looking for problems and taking photos of everything. A checkout inspection should be an opportunity to discuss issues with the tenant, not look for reasons to keep their deposit.

At no point were we given the chance to ask the cleaners we'd already paid for back to fix the issues. Steyn just went ahead and arranged another cleaner so in effect I paid twice.

The £60 admin fee Steyn Lettings took for arranging the tenancy works is also cause for concern. £60!

I've had 6 different landlords since moving to Edinburgh 12 years ago. Steyn Lettings I've probably trusted the least.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Steyn Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Steyn Lettings Office 1