Jun 06,2014
By: 'Cambridge buyer'
Jun 06,2014
I was shown a house by an agent who didn't appear that interested, and didn't know a lot about the property, saying that a different agent had been doing the earlier viewings, this was his first day doing one. Soon after, I got a call from Savills asking me if I was interested in the property and did I want to make an offer - they claimed they had already got an offer for the asking price. I was a bit surprised, since I didn't think the property was worth the asking price, but in this market anything was possible. So I said I wasn't interested in bettering the offer. At this point, the agent was uncomfortably pushy, and wanted to know why exactly. I gave him a few reasons, and mentioned that I preferred a similar property on the market at the time (with another agent). The agent very rudely said 'good luck with that!' before ringing off. I was quite startled at the level of discourtesy... One month later, the house was still on the market - so I really doubt the claim made about the offer at asking price. I've encountered agents who were courteous and people of integrity, I didn't feel I got either of these at Savills - I'm seriously disappointed with the quality of service.
1) Been honest about whether an offer had indeed been made for the property 2) Known more about the house they were showing 3) If they were going to call me up and ask me whether I was interested in making an offer, at least be polite! Sneering is really not going to help the odds of making a sale.
Attached Files
By: Savills UK
Jun 06, 2014
I am very sorry to read your comments regarding a member of the Cambridge Sales Team. Savills takes all feedback seriously and I would like to investigate the matters raised in your review as soon as possible. Please email your contact details to my attention directly at emeyer@savills.com so that I can address your concerns. Best, Ed Meyer, Head of Department, Residential, Cambridge

Savills